Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most overrated/underrated Redskin

RIDETHEWALRUS

No question who's the most overrated, if you are talking about from the fans' perspective (on this Board anyway). That would be JC. You'd think the guy threw for 5,000 yards, 45 TDs, and won all his games listening to people on here.

If you are talking about from the media or in general, I'd say Chris Samuels is overrated. I like him and think he's good, but it still boggles my mind that he has three Pro Bowls (I think it's three) to Jansen's zero.

Underrated is James Thrash, hands down, with consideration to Jansen.

Hail,

H

Overrated: Fred Smoot

I will never understand why people like him so much. Maybe it just has something to do with the fact that they like to say "SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT."

Underrated: Mike Sellers

Just a freakishly large and angry sob.

maybe the fact that we like him was the fact that he usually led the team with INTs while he was here

Overrated - Im going to catch heat for this one...Chris Cooley

By no means is he a bad player, I think hes a really good player. Great fit but not the player that most fans think he is. Yes I love it when he runs over a corner or safety, yes he has great hands. But he disappears in games, last year he disappeared for a few weeks. Didnt get over 100 yards in one game last year. Alot of fans act like hes the best TE in the league, I dont think Id put him in top 5, maybe the top 10. :2cents: Im tired of seeing all the resign Cooley threads too...If he performs this year, kind of like Sean Taylor then give him a deal, if hes mediocre again, he will command less money.

Underrated - When healthy its Cornelius Griffin. He is a beast when hes at full strength. He makes our run defense so much better when hes in the game. We need him to perform like he did his first year here, when he had 70 tackles and 6 sacks. Outside of Griffin, its Portis...alot of you have forgot just how good he is. I cant wait to watch him show everyone this season :cheers:

ok, whoever thinks sean taylor is overrated obviously doesnt realize that all last year he HAD to bite on every play fake because he was our run defense....that made him a step behind on the pass defense, which is why he "screwed up" his pass coverage.

I really doubt that every mistake he made was on a play fake. I love Sean T, but come on man, he had a few bad plays. What I saw were the wrong angles, jumping on the wrong wr. Im sure the play fakes got him too, but not like that. Sean will be fine this year, breakout season :cheers:

Overrated: Most of the opinions on this website. And Chris Samuels if we are talking about Redskins.

Underrated: Clinton Portis (people can't seriously want Betts over Portis) and also I would say Andre Carter (he went from our savior at pass rusher to everyone's villan, but he did progressively get better, I think he can have a big impact)

Overrated: Betts

Great second back, but i dont think he could be a starter. There is a reason he stayed here and took less money and thats because he could never carry the full load as a starter. Hes a tought guy, but he has trouble getting past the second level, and our offense line was flawless in run blocking towards the end of the year. His speed is also a concern. I easily saw 1 or 2 runs a game where Portis would of broke loose for six. We all know he has a fumble problem.

Underrated: Chris Cooley and Jason Campbell

Cooley is just a playmaker and does not get credit from alot of people outside our fan base. When you put the ball into the hands of the tight end you expect it to be a first down, but cooley is able to fake out defenders and out run safetys and linebackers.

Campbell, is just way more then I expect. When he has a blitzer coming at him, he never seems to panic and is comfortable pulling down the ball and running. His skills with his feet are really impressive and he is a big guy who is hard to take down. He has one of the strongest arms I've ever seen and he throws a pretty ball.

This is easy,

Overrated: Chris Samuels-He gets beat pretty bad against speed rushers(see: Colts,Chiefs,Eagles games) He's good but he needs to work on that.

Underrated: Kedric Golston/Andre Carter- I dunno what people here are saying about these guys. After suffering some Redskins withdraw, I watched some games stored on my DVR and these two guys are they ONLY ones on the D-line making some noise on a consistant level. Sometimes getting in the backfield so quickly that they would miss the running back pass right by them. As well as Hurrying the QB up. :chestram:

Overrated: Brandon Lloyd. The guy missed the crucial opening game catch against Tampa after they had worked on it as their opening play in practice since Wednesday.

Can't get open, doesn't make simple catches, scared of running to the middle.

Underrated: Al Saunders. It pains me to think Jansen and others still think the power running game is "Redkins football". Saunders brings the AFC magic to us and if we totally adopt his system, in 3 years, we'll be sitting on top of the NFC.

I cannot believe you guys think Samuels is overrated... Unbelieveable. I mean he has missed 4 games in 7 years. He had one so so year. Last year he bounced back and dominated. Not only was he on the line for Portis' single season record, he was there paving the way for Stephen Davis. Hes the only guy on the squad that makes the pro-bowl and is considered league wide as one of the best left tackles in the league. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and we are all here cause he love the Skins. But if you think Samuels is over-rated you dont know jack about football But yeah I see how hes over-rated....

Overrated: Carlos Rogers

Reason: He's cost us more games than not (including a playoff game against Seattle). Hopefully, he turns this around this year.

Underrated: London Fletcher

Reason: We got him rather cheaply for a guy who has led the league in tackles the last 5 years combined. He led all LBs in INTs last year. His value to the team will be across the board, not just in piling up tackle stats. He's the team leader on defense.

I love it, the amount of crack being smoked shows the industry is running strong.

Overrated

1. CP- He only carried us to the playoffs and is a top 5 back.

2. Samuels- 4 pro-bowls and counting, yeah he really sucks, you do realize 3 more and he's a LOCK for Canton.

3. ST- You try having a great year playing next to Arch, Rumph, and Wright. I guess he was really overrated scoring those TD's in Philly and TB.

4. Moss- A new offense and Mark Brunell, then a young Campbell, followed by another year of no clear number 2 WR and he's expected to be Jerry Rice?

5. Joe Gibbs and Gregg Williams- Keep on smokin the rocks. When we get back to the playoffs just remeber how horrible they are and how they can't coach for nothing while you start kissing their rears.

:laugh: :laugh:

haha i totally agreee. i think it's funny how all these people think that these starters are over-rated my damn self.

Overrated: Carlos Rogers

Reason: He's cost us more games than not (including a playoff game against Seattle). Hopefully, he turns this around this year.

Underrated: London Fletcher

Reason: We got him rather cheaply for a guy who has led the league in tackles the last 5 years combined. He led all LBs in INTs last year. His value to the team will be across the board, not just in piling up tackle stats. He's the team leader on defense.

i dont think we overrate rogers...i mean, dont we all agree that hes pretty much sucked for the past couple years?

and how can we underrate a player that hasnt played for us yet, i mean ill judge him when he gets on the field in the old burgundy and gold

OVERRATED: Sean Taylor -Just the fact that many ES'ers think he's a top 5 safety says all you need to know.

UNDERRATED: Tough one, but Id say its a toss up between James Thrash and Ladell Betts. Thrash is an insane ST guys. If Betts can fix his slight fumblitus, he could start for any team in the league except San Diego!

can someone please tell me how ladell betts in underrated? actually with as many yards as he ran, he scored LESS td's than PORTIS. Which means his production was LESS. therefore, he has been OVERRATED. He fumbles way too much ON IMPORTANT DRIVES(like on the goal line) and he has always done it. THe O line we had last year could have sprang a kid in a wheelchair for over 1000 yards. But the proof is in the pudding.... He just couldn't punch it in when neded. thats why ladell betts is weak. Are you people freakin crazy? it amazed me how short your memories are. :doh:

No question who's the most overrated, if you are talking about from the fans' perspective (on this Board anyway). That would be JC. You'd think the guy threw for 5,000 yards, 45 TDs, and won all his games listening to people on here.

If you are talking about from the media or in general, I'd say Chris Samuels is overrated. I like him and think he's good, but it still boggles my mind that he has three Pro Bowls (I think it's three) to Jansen's zero.

Underrated is James Thrash, hands down, with consideration to Jansen.

Hail,

H

this guy must be smoking all the crack.. haha this post just makes me laugh.

Jason Campbell? of course we are going to be excited to have our 1 st round drafted start a full season finally. and have a little bit of game experience to help us win. I haven't seen anyone give JC more props then he deserves. He is a good player and is smart,hungry, and wants to win. And he hasn't proved himself to be a flop yet either, how can you dare say that? especially being a redskins fan.

pshttttt

overrated: Moss and Taylor - love them both, but people make way to much of a deal out of these two.

underrated: M. Washington and J. Thrash.

oh you know why people make so much about these two??

Because they make plays and help us WIN GAMES!!! that;s right...that's not overrated. that's production

underrated: Joe Bugel- the O-line has made great strides since he got here

underrated: Salary cap manager- The Skins have always been able to spend money without getting into salary cap hell. I am not saying the Skins have spent the money wisely, but it has always been available.

Overrated - Lloyd, b/c our front office thought it was smart to give up draft picks AND sign him to a nice fat contract. He is literally stealing pay checks from the Redskins. Catching as many touchdowns as my grandma last year really means you're a solid player and worth it.

Underrated- Springs, IF he can stay healthy which is a big if. I also think that Betts proved last year that he deserves more carries in games.

Archived