Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Redskins Are Going To The Superbowl!

Arsenic

Why couldn't I resist making this statement? Well, for one, I'm a die hard skins fan. Secondly, I'm optimistic and have made this prediction every year. Sounds familiar, huh? We all want the GLory and Redskins fans have become famous for making this prediction. I, for one, am not ready to break that trend. In order to achieve success, you must first want to achieve success. Count this as my official "Redskins are going to the Superbowl" thread. Because I have Pride for this team, i refuse to acknowledge any apprehension here.

I know you've been burned repeatedly. You've expected alot from a team you've worshiped and perhaps some of you are let down. Dreadfully, you're expecting the worse. It'll take a few good years and bottles of prozak but--in the end some of you nay-sayers will have survived gloriously.

You'll all shake your heads and wipe away tears of joy and say to yourself "oh my god, how could I ever have been so wrong" while you watch Joe Gibbs hold a Super Bowl trophy high above his head, standing besides Jason Campbell, Chris Cooley, Clinton Portis, Santana Moss, Mike Sellers, Ladell Betts, ARE, James Thrash, Bradon Lloyd, Laron Landry, Fred Smoot, Shawn Springs, Carlos Rogers, Sean Taylor (might show up), London Fletcher, H.B. Blades, Ryan Boschetti, Marcus Washington, Khary Campbell, Rocky McIntosh, Andre Carter, Demetric Evans, Philip Daniels, Kedric Goldston, Cornelius Griffin, John Jansen, Randy Thomas, Chris Samuels, Lamar Marshall, Big Joe Salave'a, Mike Pucillo, Todd Wade, Derrick Frost & Shaun Suisham

Im sure i missed a few but doubt you read them all. Thats not a bad list of names to have on your side and i would not trade this team for any other.

Good things come from hard work. Last year, this team learned that you get what you put it. Washington Redskins possess pride and will work hard to achieve glory. Gibbs can find this ability in people and I believe this will noticeably show this upcoming season.

So Cheer Up! Because

THE REDSKINS ARE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL, BABY! :cheers::cheers: :cheers: :cheers::cheers::cheers:

That was actually my brother that wrote that one, now known as Amish Gangsta. That was pertaining to the Dallas game.

But yeh, it runs in the blood and im predicting this to be an awesome season to remember. Can't you just feel it coming? :)

That was actually my brother that wrote that one, now known as Amish Gangsta. That was pertaining to the Dallas game.

But yeh, it runs in the blood and im predicting this to be an awesome season to remember. Can't you just feel it coming? :)

So, you are due for a predicting thread. :)

The Skins to the Superbowl? Well, its certainly possible but let me tell you that it will only happen if one thing happens: the Redskins offense that we all thought would show up last year FINALLY kicks into full throttle and appears and strikes like lightning.

Jason Campbell is of course the key but he must be the 2nd coming of Dan Marino in his 2nd year. Jason must suddenly become accurate and hit upon 60 percent of his passes, and throw for 25 TD passes.

The offensive line MUST be healthy, stay healthy, and work as a fortress around Jason and as a steamroller/bulldozer for the running backs.

Clinton Portis must be completely healthy, his shoulder completely healed, and he must be ready to carry the ball. Betts is a nice backup and a nice change of pace, but Clinton is the throttle in this car. Perhaps Betts gets 800 yards/6 TD's this year but Clinton will still need 1300 yards, and 12 TD's.

The receivers will all need to get involved. I really don't think anybody has to catch 90 balls on a great offense but if they all catch 60...Moss, ARE, Lloyd, Cooley, and Clinton. They have to get the running back involved in those short 5-7 yard catches and screen passes.

The special teams, even more than the defense must standout. We have to have a return game this year. ARE is too good of a punt returner to not be getting 15 and 20 yard returns, and setting up the offense with great field position. Danny Smith did not do a great job last year despite what Gibbs may say to the media.

Finally, the defense must stop the run. Thats the biggest thing for any team that scores in a proficient manner. We don't want teams to be able to run and keep the ball away from us. WE are the ones who must run and keep it away from THEM. Too many things can go wrong in the passing game and even 1 holding penalty can kill a drive so forcing the other team to pass pass pass will be critical.

This is the only scenario that I see the Skins making the playoffs and heading to the Superbowl. But YES it can happen. And I personally believe that Jason Campbell is going to make it to the PRO BOWL this year. Just watch. The last time he started and played a full season, his team was undefeated.......no small feat.

The Skins to the Superbowl? Well, its certainly possible but let me tell you that it will only happen if one thing happens: the Redskins offense that we all thought would show up last year FINALLY kicks into full throttle and appears and strikes like lightning.

Jason Campbell is of course the key but he must be the 2nd coming of Dan Marino in his 2nd year. Jason must suddenly become accurate and hit upon 60 percent of his passes, and throw for 25 TD passes.

The offensive line MUST be healthy, stay healthy, and work as a fortress around Jason and as a steamroller/bulldozer for the running backs.

Clinton Portis must be completely healthy, his shoulder completely healed, and he must be ready to carry the ball. Betts is a nice backup and a nice change of pace, but Clinton is the throttle in this car. Perhaps Betts gets 800 yards/6 TD's this year but Clinton will still need 1300 yards, and 12 TD's.

The receivers will all need to get involved. I really don't think anybody has to catch 90 balls on a great offense but if they all catch 60...Moss, ARE, Lloyd, Cooley, and Clinton. They have to get the running back involved in those short 5-7 yard catches and screen passes.

The special teams, even more than the defense must standout. We have to have a return game this year. ARE is too good of a punt returner to not be getting 15 and 20 yard returns, and setting up the offense with great field position. Danny Smith did not do a great job last year despite what Gibbs may say to the media.

Finally, the defense must stop the run. Thats the biggest thing for any team that scores in a proficient manner. We don't want teams to be able to run and keep the ball away from us. WE are the ones who must run and keep it away from THEM. Too many things can go wrong in the passing game and even 1 holding penalty can kill a drive so forcing the other team to pass pass pass will be critical.

This is the only scenario that I see the Skins making the playoffs and heading to the Superbowl. But YES it can happen. And I personally believe that Jason Campbell is going to make it to the PRO BOWL this year. Just watch. The last time he started and played a full season, his team was undefeated.......no small feat.

:applause: Nice post! Someone let this man create new threads! :cheers:

if Jason Campbell is what we think he is, what we hope he is, and the defense plays decent, I see no reason why we can't go to the Superbowl, we won't win it if we play SD, Pats, Indy, but hell, it'll be fun

I have to say I really do believe we have a great shot this year!!! The FO and Gibbs have been smart all off-season. We have picked up players that we needed to make this team win. Coming into the 2nd year with Saunders offense, I see our offense being deadly with JC, Portis, Betts and Moss.

Hail

We can't stop the run, we can't rush the QB, no SB for us

No one thought the Colts could stop the run w/ what they had going into the playoffs, and how did they do?

And don't even go to the "Ahem... Colts offense ring a bell?" line. The skins offense will be a powerhouse this year to shake the very bowels of the earth. It will be remenisant of... nothing we have ever seen or read a post on ES about. It will be the NFL's new age of aquarius.

But that whole point is moot since Kedric will develop into a beast DT and our run defense proves to be stouter than WV's finest brew.

In closing... I completely agree with Arsenic! jamesbondman too while I'm at it... even though realism is over-rated.

predict it every year so when you are right (which you will eventually be) you can say i told you so. hehehe

I hope we can make it there and win THIS year. I wont be devistated if we do not make it. I wont even be upset, though I hope and believe we will get at least 10 wins this season.

Superbowl.... ain't gonna happen.

-We have no depth; asolutely noone can get hurt all year for 19-20 games

-We have a young QB who, while many people on here make him out to be an allstar, in reality has shown nothing near what it would take to lead us that deep into the postseason.

-Our D-line will still be bad and we will not be able to stop the run.

-Our lockerroom is infested with an attitude that prevents us from winning

Guys, last year we couldn't play offense, we couldn't play defense, and we couldn't play special teams. Now you wanna talk about a Superbowl??? Let's think about going 8-8 or 9-7 if we're lucky.

Archived