Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Redskins Are Going To The Superbowl!

Arsenic

This has to be one of THE most asinine statements that keeps on getting repeated..."Snyder has no desire/motivation to improve the Redskins".

If half-empty stadiums = owners motivated to win, the Cardinals would be five-time Super Bowl champions by now.

There are 4 possible combinations, not just one:

Owner motivated to win + full stadium: Patriots, Steelers, etc.

Owner motivated to win + half-empty stadium: about 10 teams

Owner not motivated to win + half-empty stadium: Lions, Cardinals

Owner not motivated to win + full stadium: Redskins

Every other team falls in the middle somewhere. Face it, the Skins are a money-making venture for Snyder, and little else. Until he pulls his head of of his nether regions and hires a real GM who IS motivated to win, little will change.

Every other team falls in the middle somewhere. Face it, the Skins are a money-making venture for Snyder, and little else. Until he pulls his head of of his nether regions and hires a real GM who IS motivated to win, little will change.

Yeah, cause Snyder only goes out and tries to spend as much money as possible every year. Are u kidding me, Snyder wants to win NOW and always. If there was no salary cap, EVERYone knows we would be the Yankees of the NFL. All becuase he will spend endless amounts of money to try and help this team. However, I completely agree with you on the point about the GM.

There are 4 possible combinations, not just one:

Owner motivated to win + full stadium: Patriots, Steelers, etc.

Owner motivated to win + half-empty stadium: about 10 teams

Owner not motivated to win + half-empty stadium: Lions, Cardinals

Owner not motivated to win + full stadium: Redskins

Snyder, unmotivated? Thats exactly what makes people successful, no motivation. I blame your mom for this post. You shouldve been swallowed.

Agreed. I want to go on record and say that the Redskins are going to the superbowl this year. I keep having the same dream at night of the final whistle sounding in the NFC Championship Game at FedEx with heavy snow coming down. The scoreboard says Redskins 33 Bears 17.

50 points in the snow??? That'd be a crazy game.

• 1 month later...
Geez.....I guess we have to wait another year for a Superbowl then
That's 3 where I'm from.

:laugh:

Crap, you guys are right! :doh:

Okay check out this math... if you go to the year the superbowl was held it goes like this...

1983-1984 = 1 year

1984-1998 = 4 years

1988-1993 = 4 years

If you look at the pattern it all makes sense! We should have won the superbowl in 2005 but since we didn't, we can take one year off of the normal 4 years meaning 2007 (or 2008) is the year for sure! :notworthy

:point2sky

I was too intimidated by all those who think that we are a mediocre team at best and the fact that our defense completely fell apart last season to make such a statement. I am always an optimist and a homer; so I see many reasons why the Redskins will be in the Super Bowl this season.

First, the fact that just two seasons ago we were only one game away from going to the SB and I believe that the only reason we did not make it all the way was injuries on the OL. Our running game (OL + RBs) is one of the best in the league.

Second - Our QB, Jason Campbell, is ready to make his mark. Having gained experience last season and put in the effort to learn the plays, he is prepared to play with confidence. Knowing the plays by heart and getting in sync with his receivers I think he is poised to have a very productive season.

Third - The entire offense struggled during the first half of last season to learn Al Saunders offense; and now they have got over the learning curve and are set to play with confidence. Al has proved his offense works and this season we will see the Redskins team excel in its' execution.

Fourth - Defense received their wake-up jolt last season and have learned from that experience. They will play with intensity and focus and with a mind set of returning to dominance.

Fifth - Emphasis on creating turnovers will be effective in actually making those game-changing plays. We will go from worst ranked to one of the top ranked teams in creating turnovers just because the coaches will emphasize that. The result of creating turnovers will motivate every player on offense and defense to play at peak levels of intensity and focus.

Sixth - London Fletcher will prove to be the most significant acquisition for the Redskins defense that the run defense will go from the worst to one of the best just from his play. He will make everyone on the line of scrimmage play their best. The pickups at CB and Safety make for significant improvement in pass protection. The overall result of these additions in the defensive secondary and LBs will allow Greg Williams to return to a more aggressive style of play.

Seventh - Joe Gibbs is a winner. Loosing like we did last season is unacceptable to Joe and he will personally make sure that the entire organization will step up to make sure that this year the Redskins will be winners.

In summary, I think the defense will return to be one of the top 5 defenses in the league (the personnel pickups, the humiliation of last season will be a strong motivator, and the emphasis on creating turnovers will have everyone playing with extreme intensity and focus). The offense has gained the experience with Al Saunders schemes, our "rookie" QB gained the experience needed and his dedication during his off-season will gain him the mastery and confidence to play in what will prove to be a highly productive well balanced offense.

I am on the Redskins bandwagon. I believe!

I seriously cannot imagine winning the super bowl. I dont know how I would react (actually id prolly cry like a little girl)

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

GO SKINS

LETS GET IT

You should only know the joy of it. I still periodically watch the last 2 on VHS. I didn't have tape on the first one they won.

:point2sky

Archived