Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When Will LaRon Landry Crack the Starting Lineup?

UltimateSkins

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

He will be involved in packages, it just depends which package GWill goes with to start our first defensive series of the year with... How well he does in mini camp and in the rest of the preseason will let GWill know in which packages LL is well suited and capable of being in.

Go Landry!! I think you will make an instant impact!

Rookies don't start in GW's D....period! They may get in on a package during the game, but they don't crack the starting lineup opening day barring injury and no depth. I said game 4 more out of hope, but I will not be shocked to see his first start somewhere around the 6th game of the season. Sean in my humble opinion only got in week four because Bowen went down...not because he was the better player.

PP will start the first couple games but Landry will play in a bunch of packages from the first game on. He will be starting by game 4.

That's exactly what I believe will happen. Man, I can't wait to see the Landry / Taylor tandem in action once Landry gets the full start. The potential is there to be the best safety duo ever... :cheers:

:logo:

GW always emphasizes he doesn't have starters. He has a certain number of defensive packages, last year I think he had something like 22. LL will be the safety in a certain no. of those packages to start the year. As he progresses he will be added to more packages. Based on who we play and what offense they run and the down and distance, determines what package is called. The package that is used to start the game may not be used again, so it really doesn't matter who the starter is. For instance maybe in game 1 LL is in 8 packages and gets around 40% of the snaps. Later in the year he might be in 16 packages, and he might play in 75% of the snaps. It's based on what packages GW feels are the best for LL, and the more experience he gets coupled w/ his talent, will mean more playing time. But who actually "starts" the game in this system really doesn't matter. A player may start b/c of what's called and only play 10 snaps in the game.

I believe it depends on when he signs. If his contract is on time without any holdout days then i say he has a very good chance of being in the from day one. If not then who knows.

I forgot to add one thing. If I was the Redskins and the contract ends being more than Taylor's (I am almost certain it will) then the minute LaRon signs I would be on the phone with Taylor's agent saying lets start talking about extending your clients contract. Mind you I am not saying get it done this year but getting started and showing appreciation of ST services in this way it will help with him being a Skin for the next 6 years.

I think Landry's smarts will have him in the starting lineup on day one.

I don't think Rogers or Taylor have the intelligence Landry does and that is why they didn't crack the starting lineup right away.

Also...I think Williams knows he needs Taylor and Landry to build some serious chemisty to be as dominant as they could be and how will that happen if Landry is on the bench?

That's exactly what I believe will happen. Man, I can't wait to see the Landry / Taylor tandem in action once Landry gets the full start. The potential is there to be the best safety duo ever... :cheers:

:logo:

I agree with that ST and LL, may, be the best Saftey tandem ever. Because of their speed and range, they could essentially divide the field in half. They're main mission would be to go after the football - on every play.

This was a very tough choice. On one hand, it's risky as hell putting in a rookie, despite how smart or good we think he's going to be, in a GW secondary. Both Taylor and Rogers got burned early and often in their respective openers. On the other hand, Priloeau is coming off of knee surgery. I voted opening day, only because of PP's knee and because that's my gut instinct. Still, I'll be shocked if he does start before week 4.

Archived