Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When Will LaRon Landry Crack the Starting Lineup?

UltimateSkins

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Keep in mind Sean Taylor.

When he played in the pre-season during his rookie year, he played with the 2nd and 3rd stringers.

He was making big tackles, causing fumbles, getting INTs.

The guy looked like a man amongst boys. Like seasoned veteran playing with a bunch of little leaguers.

And he still didn't start come the regular season. :)

He didn't start till Week 3, and that was only b/c Bowen got hurt.

I predict Landry be starting sooner rather than later, but I don't think he'll be starting on opening day.

I'm kind of nervous about one thing. LaRon Landry has superb blitzing ability... Is GW going to put him on on four plays a game and make him blitz each time he's in? And, if he does do that, and he doesn't reach the QB every single time, is GW not going to play him. LaRon Landry can cover, and he terrifies wide receivers, alike Sean Taylor, he is more than just a blitzing safety, and I hope GW utilizes all of his talents, and takes a chance to realize all of his talents before it's too late in the season.

If we just used the 6th overall pick in the draft on a guy who can't/won't start on this pathetic defense from day 1, I'll be really, really pissed.

so i guess you were pissed when we got ST at 5 and he didn't start till week 3?

relax. landry probably won't start day 1 (who knows, we might be in for a surprise), but he'll definitely see playing time, and i wouldn't be surprised to see him start in week 2, 3, 4?

ST and Rogers saw significant action their rookies years. I think ST started from day one and Rogers played in all 16 games (mostly as a nickel) and had 5 starts.

ST did NOT start from day one, but that was probably due to personal maturity issues more than anything else.

Pig head Gw will take about 4 games to at least listen to Gibbs or Snyder, and maybe he will go in on the second series for the next couple of games. If Landry makes 4 picks and causes 2 fumbles in those 2 games, GW might start him in game 6.

This is why I questioned getting Landry so high. GW will NOT start rookies, so we are paying this guy huge money to sit on the bench until Greg has proved his point?

Now, if this was any other team in the league, I'd say opening day, however, the Redskins seem to have a tendancy to move their rookies along very slowly, especially when there is a veteran that has long ties with the coaches ahead of them. Even though he is coming off knee surgery, it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't see Landry as a starter until at least the 10th game of the season. I really don't want another Warrick Holdman type situation devoloping with Pierson Prioleau, but it seems that Gregg Williams has never really liked rookies very much, especially when up against a former Buffalo guy.

I voted opening day, he may be to good to be near the Gatorade.

ST did NOT start from day one, but that was probably due to personal maturity issues more than anything else.

Thanks but I already acknowleged that ST did not start on opening day in a post that came soon after the post you seem to have stopped at. Carry on. ;)

I like PP, but we can't afford to wait any games to get Landry in, assuming he is what we think he is.

I also think they like his "football smarts" (you know, he's super smart) and may want him to keep ST on the right page, like Ryan Clark did. I know that's a lot for a rookie, but I think Landry is capable of it.

He has to start from day one, GW or not.

Hail,

H

While I am hesitant to predict opening day, due to the fact that LL might only work with the 2nd and 3rd stringers, I doubt that PP will be all that sharp and ready to start. Fox will probably get the nod for the 1st few weeks of camp, but if he gets torched at all in preseason, it is possible that LL will be in the lineup by our last preseason game.

Archived