Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When Will LaRon Landry Crack the Starting Lineup?

UltimateSkins

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Now, if this was any other team in the league, I'd say opening day, however, the Redskins seem to have a tendancy to move their rookies along very slowly, especially when there is a veteran that has long ties with the coaches ahead of them. Even though he is coming off knee surgery, it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't see Landry as a starter until at least the 10th game of the season. I really don't want another Warrick Holdman type situation devoloping with Pierson Prioleau, but it seems that Gregg Williams has never really liked rookies very much, especially when up against a former Buffalo guy.

Now, if this was any other team in the league, I'd say opening day, however, the Redskins seem to have a tendancy to move their rookies along very slowly, especially when there is a veteran that has long ties with the coaches ahead of them. Even though he is coming off knee surgery, it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't see Landry as a starter until at least the 10th game of the season. I really don't want another Warrick Holdman type situation devoloping with Pierson Prioleau, but it seems that Gregg Williams has never really liked rookies very much, especially when up against a former Buffalo guy.

I think he made the starting lineup soon as his name was announced on saturday. If not I, and I'm sure many others will be very disappointed.

I wish he could learn the defense by opening day, but I don't think it's possible. Gregg Williams' defensive scheme is very complicated, and while Landry may learn it on paper, he'll probably need a few weeks of watching actual games from the sidelines before he is ready. Week 4-6. Sometime in that range, he'll be on the field.

No way they wait that long to put Landry on the field. ST and Rogers saw significant action their rookies years. I think ST started from day one and Rogers played in all 16 games (mostly as a nickel) and had 5 starts. Both were drafted in the top 10. I don't know if they will start Landry right away but I think he will see some sort of action against Miami. The preseason games are going to be pretty exciting this year.

PP will start the first couple games but Landry will play in a bunch of packages from the first game on. He will be starting by game 4.

You're assuming PP will be as good as new coming off his knee injury. He's still in rehab and we a stud rookie that is ultra-competitive and trying outdo his brother's rookie campaign for the Ravens. He will study that playbook and may such a good second impression (the first impressionbeing at LSU when GW went to go see him in person) in the preseason that they will have no choice but to play the kid. You'll see. ;)

No rookie will ever start for GW in any opening game.

Too bad there wasn't a choice for 2008, because that's my guess.

This poor kid's head will be spinning from GW's playbook and he will be lost trying to decipher coverages and stay in the correct position.

Maybe he'll have some decent Special Teams tackles if he's lucky.

I believe that Taylor didn't crack the starting lineup until around week 4 or 5...he was never given that starting S role....

Actually we were both wrong. It was week 3:

2004: Taylor had a stellar rookie campaign. He started 13 games and recorded 89 tackles (62 solo) with four interceptions, one sack and two forced fumbles.

• Taylor made his first career start in Week 3 vs. Dallas.

http://www.redskins.com/team/profile.jsp?id=1217

Hopefully they learned from waiting so long to start taylor.

They should start him game 1, what is the point of waiting 2-3 weeks? NONE all it does is waste him, just like we did with taylor.

Taylor had a great preseason his rookie year but we still didn't start him week 1. Hopefully we don't make that same mistake twice.

Archived