Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Peterson signs with Washington Redskins

slinky

I didn't see this posted and I did search...

Peterson signs with Washington Redskins

April 30, 2007

By Tom Haley Herald Staff

The phone call to Tucker Peterson's family home in Clarendon on Monday at 8:30 a.m. brought an end to a weekend of frustration and suspense. The Washington Redskins asked him to report to a camp for workouts Thursday.

http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070430/NEWS/70430002

I don't get why these guys are relieved. They could be cut next Thursday as well.

There's a big difference between having a chance to make a team - and not having that chance. If I get an interview for a job I really want - that alone is something worth celebrating. It doesn't guarantee the job, but it's a necessary step in the path.

There's a big difference between having a chance to make a team - and not having that chance. If I get an interview for a job I really want - that alone is something worth celebrating. It doesn't guarantee the job, but it's a necessary step in the path.

correct ... he now have a chance to make the team or the practice squad. something he did not have before the phone call.

do they get paid anything at all when they call them out like this ?

anyone know what they pay the practice squad guys ?

correct ... he now have a chance to make the team or the practice squad. something he did not have before the phone call.

do they get paid anything at all when they call them out like this ?

anyone know what they pay the practice squad guys ?

And the good thing from his point of view is that he's in control now. That's a good feeling. If he screws up this chance, he can blame himself and doesn't have to be upset that he was never given a shot. That would be a big deal to me.

about 4k a week.

you make it the whole season, that's enough to live off of until the next season.

Which ain't exactly NFL money, but it beats the heck out of, say, working for UPS.

And it looks a lot better on your resume. Makes you look more attractive to other teams.

There are a lot of folks out there for whom practice squad looks really good right now. Lots more applicants than there are jobs.

Which ain't exactly NFL money, but it beats the heck out of, say, working for UPS.

And it looks a lot better on your resume. Makes you look more attractive to other teams.

There are a lot of folks out there for whom practice squad looks really good right now. Lots more applicants than there are jobs.

plus, these guys are right out of college - 22, 23 years old. You can room with someone untill you sign a contract.

There's nothing like a chip on your shoulder to motivate. I doubt he has a spot here' date=' but he sounds like he'll give it everything hes got and will be decent competition.[/quote']

Holy crap...my computer is stuck on your sig. Are they real? Wow.

There's nothing like a chip on your shoulder to motivate. I doubt he has a spot here' date=' but he sounds like he'll give it everything hes got and will be decent competition.[/quote']

Can you please get rid of Ms. Bouncing Boobies? I cannot read anybody's response while those things are flapping on the screen. No matter how many times I see them, I always act like it is the first time. I cannot help it!

LMB we are all using you for her body and not your intelligent postings:silly:

Can you please get rid of Ms. Bouncing Boobies? I cannot read anybody's response while those things are flapping on the screen. No matter how many times I see them, I always act like it is the first time. I cannot help it!

LMB we are all using you for her body and not your intelligent postings:silly:

For all that's holy :stfu: If he changes his sig pic, I'm holding you personally responsible.

Archived