Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

God Damn It Detroit

Big Weirdo

What are they gonna sling shot him the ball? Jesus...their QB has a rubber arm for christs sake....plus if Jones isn't healthy they will suck even worst than last season....

Well Eagles fans, here's to a victory in the Puke Jersey Bowl!

I might be in the tiniest of minorities here but, I actually think Detroit's headed in the right direction, finally. I think Marinelli's a solid coach and if Martz sticks with him a little while, they have a chance to do some things there. They need some secondary help, though, badly.

They snagged Ikaika Alama-Francis in the 2nd round - sleeper pick from Hawaii. The kid is super raw, but has Merriman-like talent. If they can get him to play up to potential, they have the potential to be nasty on defense.

Also, those of you dissing on Kitna - Kurt Warner didn't have much of an arm either. That offense is more about timing than being able to throw bombs. And Kitna can do the latter. If he gets that offense down - ****ing forget about it. Calvin Johnson and Roy Williams as his targets? With Kevin Jones coming out of the backfield?

Detroit will be dangerous next year. They probably won't go much more than 8-8, but they will definitely get .500 or better. And before you mock me - I was the one who called Baltimore winning the AFC North, so suck it! :silly:

the best 3 players on their team play wide reciever, thats not really a winning formula imo. what is furrey gonna be on the bench? he had a great year last year. i can't understand why they didn't trade this pick.

Well, furrey will definitely see the field, I imagine they will primarily line up in a 3 WR set, like STL did with Martz and Saunders before that. I think Kitna is a solid QB and Martz ALWAYS has gotten good QB play from his guys. On offense, their line has been suspect but they added some guys through FA though that's still the biggest question mark. Kevin Jones, if he can stay healthy, is an absolute MONSTER and could be one better backs in the league. And with CJ opposite Roy Williams, how many 8 man fronts do you anticipate Kevin Jones having to run into? I'd say not too many at all.

On defense, they have a great pair of DTs in Shaun Cody and Shaun Rogers. Kalimba Edwards is a solid DE though they need some work there and they addressed that somewhat in this year's draft. Ernie Sims and Boss Bailey are good LBs who fit very well in their Cover 2 scheme.

I'm not saying they don't have holes or don't need work. What I'm saying is, I think they're heading in the right direction, I think they have a solid corps on defense, especially on the line (those DTs are beasts, seriously). They need to improve their secondary and their offensive line (which they may already have this offseason) and they could possibly use another LB. Overall, they have a lot of talent on both sides of that roster. I actually give Millen a lot of credit for staying positive, ignoring the pundits, and taking CJ regardless of what anyone said. You can't pass him up.

Archived