Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cerrato Twisting In The Wind?

MAATopDogg

Per PFT........

VINNY TWISTING IN THE WIND?

We reported several weeks ago that big changes could be coming to the Redskins front office after the draft, but there were no specifics as to who might stay and who might go.

The current scuttlebutt in league circles is that V.P. of football operations Vinny Cerrato could be out as soon as right after the draft, and as late as the end of the season -- if the team doesn't win at least 10 games in 2007.

Cerrato was fired by the Redskins during the Marty Schottenheimer era, but was brought back by owner Daniel Snyder after Schottenheimer was cut loose after only one season.

Some league insiders thought that current coach Joe Gibbs would have run Cerrato off by now, but Vinny has made it through three seasons under the Hall-of-Famer.

Frankly, we're not sure why Cerrato should be held accountable for anything, since the widespread belief is that Snyder and Gibbs are the ones calling the shots.

The current scuttlebutt in league circles is that V.P. of football operations Vinny Cerrato could be out as soon as right after the draft, and as late as the end of the season -- if the team doesn't win at least 10 games in 2007.

First...great use of 'scuttlebutt'

Second...gotta love how it's either boot him right after the draft OR after the season is a flop...

It's gotta be after the draft...we can't wait until the end of another disappointing season to make our FO changes...with the June 1st cuts on the way and such...it's best to get our FO going to start May in a properly and with things in place...

This is all just a brilliant motivational tactic by Snyder. Now our players will unite and rally behind Vinny, giving maximum effort in an attempt to save his job.

Take your ignorant ass to a thread that is more to your liking then. There is nothing wrong with this thread.

Well let's review.

First - Thread starter forgot to link the article

Second - PFT = Stir enough rumors up so at least some of stuff they report will actually be correct.

Third - This subject has been talked about in other threads a lot lately with better sources than PFT about a front office shakeup. Which by the way has not proven to be correct or incorrect. PFT is making assumptions, once again.

Fourth - That is not a nice thing to say.

Edit: To add, posting the link is not just to provide us with confirmation that what is posted is correct, but it is a legal thing called copyright violations.

I wouldn't mind seeing this. Throughout everything that's happened the last decade, the two constants have been Snyder and Cerrato (save for the one year). We can't exactly fire Snyder. Actually....there are three constants, the third being 'change'. I'd like a good GM...hell, I'll even take Charlie Casserly back. :)

It's gotta be after the draft...we can't wait until the end of another disappointing season to make our FO changes...with the June 1st cuts on the way and such...it's best to get our FO going to start May in a properly and with things in place...

What's the point after the draft is over? the damage has already been done. I would rather Vinny oversee the June 1st cuts than have some new jack come in and try to make his mark without an deep knowledge of our roster and organization.

If you keep him for the draft you might as well keep him till at least midway through the season

if we drafted all horrid players and fired vinny in the process, id consider the draft a success. he is one of the dumbest people ive ever heard speak about the draft or football operations in general. him and matt millen need to be given their own expansion team called "The New Mexico Failures". they could put the draft on pay-per-view. id so be there.

if we drafted all horrid players and fired vinny in the process, id consider the draft a success. he is one of the dumbest people ive ever heard speak about the draft or football operations in general. him and matt millen need to be given their own expansion team called "The New Mexico Failures". they could put the draft on pay-per-view. id so be there.

HAHA! I think even a team named the "Failures" would be more successful than the Lions ever have been.

What's the point after the draft is over? the damage has already been done. I would rather Vinny oversee the June 1st cuts than have some new jack come in and try to make his mark without an deep knowledge of our roster and organization.

If you keep him for the draft you might as well keep him till at least midway through the season

In another similar thread this week someone posted a very good comment regarding this exact subject. I think it was in the thread about a Chicago front office guy coming here.

Anyway, the comment was that the best time for a front office move is right after the draft.

The new people have time to come in and learn the current roster and plenty of time to prepare for the college season. The current FO has already prepared their draft boards and already determined the offseason FA list. They have also already submitted their evaluations. If you hire new people after the season they have to be able to come in and create those lists and evaluations from the start.

Coming out of SF, Cerrato was not respected. He then joins the skins (in a universally panned move) and proceeds to acquire Bruce Smith, Deion Sanders Irving Fryar and Mark Carrier. We all know how well that worked out.

Marty comes in and cans him (an 8-8 season with our fiscal house in order and our full complement of draft picks), only have him reappear with Spurrier.

I don't care when he gets kicked to the curb - before the draft, after the draft, before the season or after...as long he is no longer running our personnel department.

The obvious caveat: Snyder is clearly the puppet master. But having a more forceful, respected GM or Director of Player Personnel would provide a much needed check/balance to Snyder (who isn't going anywhere).

This is all just a brilliant motivational tactic by Snyder. Now our players will unite and rally behind Vinny, giving maximum effort in an attempt to save his job.

I'm willing to bet most of the players don't know who he is when they see him in the hallways at Redskin Park. I've also heard some players refer to him as the Danny's spy. I don't think anyone's going to rally for Vinny. They should rally around being embarressed last season.

Coming out of SF, Cerrato was not respected. He then joins the skins (in a universally panned move) and proceeds to acquire Bruce Smith, Deion Sanders Irving Fryar and Mark Carrier. We all know how well that worked out.

Who is responsible for those four moves? Snyder, Snyder, Snyder, and Snyder.

Why? Because he spits hot fire.

I'm willing to bet most of the players don't know who he is when they see him in the hallways at Redskin Park. I've also heard some players refer to him as the Danny's spy. I don't think anyone's going to rally for Vinny. They should rally around being embarressed last season.

I was being sarcastic.

Who is responsible for those four moves? Snyder, Snyder, Snyder, and Snyder.

Why? Because he spits hot fire.

Again, that only reiterates my point that our FO is disfunctional and highlights the desperate need for checks and balances. You can't have a YES man working for a trigger happy owner.

If the Skins do shake things up and Vinny's out, it'll be a sign they are putting him to blame for last offseason. I just doubt that will happen, but all things are possible. I have guesses that others in the pro scouting department could be in trouble though.

Why does anyone think this will change a thing? I mean how much power do you guys really think that Vinny has with Danny and Joe as the other members of the Redskins' holy trinity? Do you think a new guy is going to come in and start bossing people around? From all reports I have seen Vinny is just an information gatherer.

Archived