Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best beer to go with . . .

Slateman

All right guys, now I got a question.

I love beer. However, some beers just seem to go well with certain things. Guinness goes well with Shepard Pie or a roast beef sandwich.

What do you think goes best with:

A burger?

Pizza?

Buffalo wings?

Wild card (put whatever dish you want and the beer that goes with it)

I like a brown ale like Newcastle with a burger. As far as pizza, it depends on what's on the pizza - Blue Moon for something like Hawaiian Pizza, but I like something hoppier for a more savory pizza.

With steak, I like nothing better than a McEwan's Scotch Ale.

A "red ale?" can you give me an example? I'm sure I've had one, I just don't remember categorizing it like that :D

Red Hook, Pete's Wicked, Fat Tire Amber Ale, etc.

Lots of companies make Red/Amber Ales and they're one of my favorite kinds of beers. They are a medium beer not too light not too heavy.

Sex?.......Red wine?

Ummm . . . I said beer.

Red Hook, Pete's Wicked, Fat Tire Amber Ale, etc.

Lots of companies make Red/Amber Ales and they're one of my favorite kinds of beers. They are a medium beer not too light not too heavy.

Yea, I've had at least two of those.

I agree with the easy-drinking American beers for football in general, Peeb. But come week 3 or so of the NFL season, you've got to work in some Sam Adams Oktoberfest.

Also, for unknown microbrews, Deep Creek Amber Ale is pretty good with Uno's pizza by the lake. :D

Newcastle Ale or Bass Ale or Molson XXX and the Victoria Filet from Outback.

Redstripe Lager and jerk chicken.

Corona with lime in the Spring (cause i dont want scurvy)

Miller light or Bud light in the fall (taste the same to me)

i also like Miller or Bud light with seafood.

A burger?

Pizza?

Buffalo wings?

Wild card

Burger... something lighter (not a light beer :puke:) but with a lots of flavor. Something that will contrast the heaviness of the beer. Depending on the time of year too. I'd say Yuegnling.

Pizza... A nice pale Ale. pick one.

Same with buffalo wings (and plenty of beer if they are ass burning hot).

Wild card: one of my favorite things is a full bodied beer with a light serving of nice Cheddar and crackers. Usually Sam Adams Lager.

IPA would go great with some weed. Dogfish 90 Min IPA is my favorite IPA, as for the weed, it's been forever since I've smoked it. I quit way before I discovered IPA's.

I'm actually trying to clone a homebrew to taste like the Dogfish 90 Min IPA. 3 more weeks and I'll get to try it!

The best brawts I've ever had were slow cooked in my homebrew Belgian Ale.

As you can see below, I'm partial to local brews. Please support your local craft brewers!

Burgers - Clipper City Gold Ale, or Dos Equis Amber

Pizza - Clipper City Pale Ale, or Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, or Dogfish 60 minute IPA

Wings - Clipper City Loose Cannon, or DuClaw Venom. (Lot's o' hops beers that stand up to spicy foods)

With spicy food like wings and crabs, you need a strong, flavorful beer to stand up to the spices.

If not, all you'll taste is the spice, not the beer, so you might as well drink water, (or Coors light ;) )

Lagers with pizza

for fine dining, any Trappist Beer, or beer made in that Belgian Strong Ale style, not the lighter ones like Duvel though

for football, usually just something light, a good amber or pilsner (I guess crap bud/miller/coors works, though there are better)

Archived