Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trading down and drafting Okoye

Joncevensen

Let me begin my saying I would love nothing more than to trade down and get Okoye. BUT it cannot happen.

first of all, atlanta, who is coached by Okoye's college coach, loves the guy, so they will draft him.

So we can't go below #8 and still expect to get Okoye. So the only way we can trade down, and be assured that we will still have Okoye is if we do a flip flop with the Vikings. Otherwise, the odds are minimal that we can trade down and still get Okoye.

i say we trade down, and then grab a 2nd round pick...with that 2nd round pick, we tried to move up a lil more like late 1st round or early early 2nd, and try to get Brandon Merriweather if he isnt gone by then....i honestly think BRANDON MERRIWEATHER would help us ALOT!

i say we trade down, and then grab a 2nd round pick...with that 2nd round pick, we tried to move up a lil more like late 1st round or early early 2nd, and try to get Brandon Merriweather if he isnt gone by then....i honestly think BRANDON MERRIWEATHER would help us ALOT!

Seriously, this kid can play. If we can get him to act like a Grown Man, we'll have a hell of a secondary.

I say if we trade down to the Dolphins and pick up their second, we're in prime position to set the defense at least a little.

The more I've read, the more I like Nelson. He sounds like a great fit across from taylor. I think NE's 2 first rd picks would be real nice for us if we can get them to toss in a 3rd either this year or next year...

Geez, we are talking about NE here. Vinny and Co will get ***'ed by them easily. I want to block all the phone number from Boston, Baltimore, denver, SD, chicago and NFCE during the draft.

Vinny and co should only be allowed to talk to Houston, Lions, or teams with worse FOs than ours.

Looks like Landry would likely be taken by the Vikings at 7 leaving Atlanta with Okoye. If not Landry I like Meriweather stud cover guy and reports on him is that he's very smart. What scares me about Nelson is that almost every draft geek, magazine knocks him more or less for being dumb. In South Florida's sport section today they have a rap on different positions and even they got into it saying the question about Nelson is his "brain". He apparently is a slow learner who doesn't pick up schemes very well, struggled academically, etc.

Looks like Landry would likely be taken by the Vikings at 7 leaving Atlanta with Okoye. If not Landry I like Meriweather stud cover guy and reports on him is that he's very smart.

I really hope we can land Merriweather with an early second rounder is we trade down. If the NE trade goes through we should really think about picking him up with the later first rounder.

I really hope we can land Merriweather with an early second rounder is we trade down. If the NE trade goes through we should really think about picking him up with the later first rounder.

Even with the conduct rules... I still think that Merriweather would be gone before the second. I think if we trade down to 9 we run the risk of losing out on both Okoye and Landry, and I think that would be devistating... If we traded with New England and got their two 1st rounders I think we would be great shape... I think we could get Brandon Merriweather and a DE that would really strengthen our defense... otherwise if we stay at 6 I really like Landry... he is really smart and an incredibly fast learner from what I've read, and I've seen him play, he has a pretty dominating presence... other than Landry for the safety position I like Meriweather. I think he is the better of Griffin and Nelson clearly.

He definately would. He's very good.

This all depends on who the vikings are going to draft. We know ATL will take either Okeye or Laundry. WE could take the other one at 9 as along as the vikings go elsewhere. If not we could screw ourselves, but could possible trade down again, and land branch/anderson plus merriweather

Let me begin my saying I would love nothing more than to trade down and get Okoye. BUT it cannot happen.

first of all, atlanta, who is coached by Okoye's college coach, loves the guy, so they will draft him.

So we can't go below #8 and still expect to get Okoye. So the only way we can trade down, and be assured that we will still have Okoye is if we do a flip flop with the Vikings. Otherwise, the odds are minimal that we can trade down and still get Okoye.

I just hope you are right that the Falcons want him.

We don't need another project. Who do you think we are, the Lions? :D

If Peterson is available at #6 then Green Bay may really want him that they might be willing to give up their 1st, 2nd, 4th and a 2nd/3rd in '08 which would be fair according to trade value chart.

Then at #16 we could get Anderson/Carriker and at #48 get Tank Tyler or another DT, plus with the 4th round pick get an OG who would battle it out with Todd Wade fot the LG spot!

If Peterson is available at #6 then Green Bay may really want him that they might be willing to give up their 1st, 2nd, 4th and a 2nd/3rd in '08 which would be fair according to trade value chart.

Then at #16 we could get Anderson/Carriker and at #48 get Tank Tyler or another DT, plus with the 4th round pick get an OG who would battle it out with Todd Wade fot the LG spot!

If we get the players you mentioned, I could go for that in a heartbeat.

Make it happen, Scotty. :cheers:

Geez, we are talking about NE here. Vinny and Co will get ***'ed by them easily. I want to block all the phone number from Boston, Baltimore, denver, SD, chicago and NFCE during the draft.

Vinny and co should only be allowed to talk to Houston, Lions, or teams with worse FOs than ours.

New England traded their second round pick to the Fins, I just don't see them going through the second and third round doing nothing. I think they'll hold on to #24 and #28.

Archived