Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PLAYMAKER makes a mockery of the HOF

nebster21

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

PLAYMAKER SUED FOR ASSAULT

Another Hall of Famer is in trouble with the law, albeit not within the confines of the criminal justice system.

According to the Dallas Morning News and WFAA-TV, former Cowboys receiver Michael Irvin has been sued for allegedly assaulting a contractor who was installing a fountain at Irvin's home.

Shawn Vandergrift claims that Irvin "yelled at him and grabbed him during a December dispute over a final payment for the construction work."

Irvin was dumped earlier this year by ESPN. Regardless of whether the current allegations are true, it's yet another example of the cloud of controversy that periodically finds -- and engulfs -- Irvin. And it likely makes ESPN feel even better about the decision to move on. (Or move out.)

I don't know, I think this "lawsuit" sounds a bit shady to me. I listened to the report this morning on the radio. The man said that Irvin yelled at him and "grabbed his arm", resulting in him seeking medical treatment. His lawyer will definitely play the handicapped card to death. I'm wary of these types of lawsuits nowadays. Don't get me wrong, I have no love for Irvin, but I'd like to see the report from the medical examiner.....And hopefully, it's not one from the lawyer's payroll.

I don't know, I think this "lawsuit" sounds a bit shady to me. I listened to the report this morning on the radio. The man said that Irvin yelled at him and "grabbed his arm", resulting in him seeking medical treatment. His lawyer will definitely play the handicapped card to death. I'm wary of these types of lawsuits nowadays. Don't get me wrong, I have no love for Irvin, but I'd like to see the report from the medical examiner.....And hopefully, it's not one from the lawyer's payroll.

Yeah... seems like yet another one of those *******s that see an oppertunity to sue someone with money to make a quick buck. Losers.

Chris Rock got Irvin last night on the best damn sports show. They asked him about vacationing with Rodney Peete and his wife to South Africa. Then Chris Rock said, "My wife doesn't mind if I hang around with him, because she knows when I'm with Rodney, I'm not doing drugs with strippers." Then he said, "But my wife gets suspicious when I hang around Michael. She knows I'm doing drugs with strippers."

He p'owned Irvin.

The lawsuit is frivolous. The police have already investigated and didn't find any wrong doing. The filing of the lawsuit is an attempt to get Irvin to settle, which he's stated he won't do because it only encourages this type of behavior.

']He comes off as very arrogant and self righteous a lot of the time. I liked him on ESPN but I won't miss him interrupting Tom Jackson anymore.

Agree with the 1st part...but someone should cut off Tom Jackson more....like permantely. He is easily the worst football commentator at ESPN who has never kept his personal bias out of anything, and has very rarely displayed any of the football knowledge you would assume he would have to have had to play the game so long.

The lawsuit is frivolous. The police have already investigated and didn't find any wrong doing. The filing of the lawsuit is an attempt to get Irvin to settle, which he's stated he won't do because it only encourages this type of behavior.

Cowboy fan?

Agree with the 1st part...but someone should cut off Tom Jackson more....like permantely. He is easily the worst football commentator at ESPN who has never kept his personal bias out of anything, and has very rarely displayed any of the football knowledge you would assume he would have to have had to play the game so long.
Sean Salisbury.

Sean Salisbury.

I hate him too...however, the difference is that Sean can actually use complete sentences. (he may not choose to fill them with anything insightful-but nonetheless) Jackson sounds like a skipping cd, he was Boomer's ed McMahon....now good old McMahon is senile.

"The PLAYMAKER makes a mockery of the HOF"???

Wow, pretty strong title there don't you think?

I've been pretty harsh on Irvin over the years, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here. The police investigated this back in December, and found NOTHING. And trust me, the police around here love nothing more than arresting Irvin if given half a chance.

This seems like a clear cut case of someone trying to make a buck. I'm glad most of you can see that no matter what team he played for.

Archived