Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Lunch About to Discuss Briggs: 12:45

Skinsinparadise

Yes, please!

Work won't allow me to stream $%!#!!!!!!!

OK will do

Redskins lunch

Nothing earth shattering. Bram seems to think like a lot of us on the board. He says something likely will happen today one way or another based on the ESPN report. Doesn't like the deal, says its counter intuitive. We have Rocky and Lemar on the weakside. The draft is rich in defensive lineman and that's the position we need to address. We probably have a good shot at the best defensive lineman on the board why give that up for a position we already have filled? He thinks the Bears should do this deal in a heartbeat -- they can get a stud like Gaines Adams. He says lets all pray the Bears turn us down.

First time I've ever listened to Bram, or the station, but they both seemed to hate the deal. They didn't seem particularly well informed about the situation at all though. Other than disdain for the trade, no new information was provided at all.

Yeah Bram went off and basically said at #6 the Redskins may be able to take the best defensive player on the board, so why would you trade that away to the Bears for a player at a position we already have filled?

Exactly. Chances are, through trades or perhaps as the top 5 stands right now, we're looking at Russell, Quinn, CJ, Thomas, Peterson coming off the board. Perhaps Gaines Adams goes to Tampa or Zona.

But the chances are better than 50/50 that the Skins are sitting at #6 with their choice of any defensive player in this draft. If it's Landry take him! If it's Adams or Anderson or Branch take him! If our team can't find an excellent defensive player with that pick, then the scouting department sucks. Maybe instead of prying away the most expensive players and coaches we should be prying away the best scouts.

']This isn't a smart move for the Redskins. For the Giants' date=' it would be a smart move considering their need is at LB'er.[/quote']

I agree. This trade wouldn't seem so bad if the Redskins had a real need at that position. I think that's one thing that pisses off the fans the most about this

Listening to the 2nd round of his show on another radio network. Bram said that why is Daniel Snyder cooking deals, he thought he's taking a back seat now, and it almost seems like Snyder just thinks Rosenhaus is cool to work with and that drives this in part. Where was Joe Gibbs when this deal was cooking? What happened to the GM by committee?

Again he is hyped on the fact that he doesn't fulfill a need. Lets start drafting players as opposed to trading for them.

How is Lance Briggs going to help the front 4 get more pressure. He's not a Lawrence Taylor pressure style LB. We will have a glut of players in one position while we have a deficiency in another.

Had a Good line. He appreciates that the Skins are Movers and shakers but they move and shake in the wrong direction.

Even if this trade does fall through, it may add to the culture of resentment inside Redskins Park. Once again, they are trying to bring in outsiders with huge contract extensions instead of taking care of their own.

Even if this trade does fall through, it may add to the culture of resentment inside Redskins Park. Once again, they are trying to bring in outsiders with huge contract extensions instead of taking care of their own.

I agree I bet they told Lemar we need you to move from MLB to weakside LB for the good of the team but we want to reassure you that you are a core Redskins. Ditto with Rocky, we drafted you and will develop you.

Now they are making a statement that says otherwise.

Again its a guess on our end, but that guess seems intuitive to me.

If our team can't find an excellent defensive player with that pick, then the scouting department sucks. Maybe instead of prying away the most expensive players and coaches we should be prying away the best scouts.
Exactly!! If I'm not mistaken, someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this, there isn't a salary cap for coaches or front office personnel, so if there's ever an opportunity for Danny to use his endless wallet to improve this franchise for years to come, it's right there.

Even if he loves Vinny, get the man some help for crying out loud. Why not???

We can have a salaried scout at every bowl game, combine workout, pro workout day, etc. With today's technology, and more of that endless wallet, there could be streamline real-time video broadcasts of all of it.

To the Bills, this is as unrealistic a concept as time travel, but for us, I think it's just a matter of implementation.

And back on topic, draft Okoye or Adams, whichever doesn't use Rosenhaus as their agent.

']This isn't a smart move for the Redskins. For the Giants' date=' it would be a smart move considering their need is at LB'er.[/quote']

Here you go Tom, I was on the Bears message board and they want to include the Giants: :laugh:

Ok – the trade would work like this – we trade Briggs to Washington for the 6th overall pick in the 2006 draft, then trade the 6th overall pick to the Giants for their 20th overall pick plus either a third or forth round pick (depending on the numbers).

This way the Redskins get their defensive player, the Bears get a mid round pick and pick up and extra late round pick for JA to work his late round magic, and the Giants can us the 6th overall pick to get the dominate player the want. Maybe some one named Calvin Johnson to go with Eli…

With that mid round selection the Bears could grab whom ever the desire w/o paying too much.

IMPO, I would love for them to grab Robert Meachem, but I am not sure if that would happen. I happen to think that Meachem would be pan out to be a better NFL receiver then Johnson anyway. Plus we need the kind WR who can go over the middle, make the tough catch, break a tackle and take it to the house. (Bradley is good, but his health is still very much a concern.)

If not then the corner from Fresno State, Marcus McCualey (sp) would be my other choice.

Anyway, I think this would be the trade that works best for all parties included

http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/thread/431090.aspx

I don't get the move either Tom; though, I don't think it's a bad trade value wise.

Linebacker is one of those positions on our team that is okay depth wise, but if someone like Marcus Washington were to go down (knock on wood), they might be in trouble. Also, Marshall struggled last year and he is getting older; he only has one more year left on his contract.

A lot of people around here think it's set in stone that we are going after a defensive end. People assume that every year and we end up addressing other areas of the team.

If we do make this trade, I think it might suggest that we're looking at guards and corners. But this draft is loaded throughout the first round with defensive lineman, and you don’t necessarily have to take one at #6.

This team always wants a quick fix; even if we drafted a defensive end, he would probably sit out for a year.

Here you go Tom, I was on the Bears message board and they want to include the Giants: :laugh:

Ok – the trade would work like this – we trade Briggs to Washington for the 6th overall pick in the 2006 draft, then trade the 6th overall pick to the Giants for their 20th overall pick plus either a third or forth round pick (depending on the numbers).

This way the Redskins get their defensive player, the Bears get a mid round pick and pick up and extra late round pick for JA to work his late round magic, and the Giants can us the 6th overall pick to get the dominate player the want. Maybe some one named Calvin Johnson to go with Eli…

With that mid round selection the Bears could grab whom ever the desire w/o paying too much.

IMPO, I would love for them to grab Robert Meachem, but I am not sure if that would happen. I happen to think that Meachem would be pan out to be a better NFL receiver then Johnson anyway. Plus we need the kind WR who can go over the middle, make the tough catch, break a tackle and take it to the house. (Bradley is good, but his health is still very much a concern.)

If not then the corner from Fresno State, Marcus McCualey (sp) would be my other choice.

Anyway, I think this would be the trade that works best for all parties included

http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/thread/431090.aspx

I'm a Bear's fan and hate to say it but the nitwits on the Bears board don't know half as much about football as the Skins fans here

Archived