Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Lunch About to Discuss Briggs: 12:45

Skinsinparadise

If we don't trade and don't take a DL with the 6th pick, the thought of taking Landry, and pairing him with Taylor, Springs, Rogers and Smoot in our defensive backfield would be sick!!!

Yes, we need SOMEBODY to tackle the opponent RBs after they are 15 yards downfield. :thud:

A little off subject, but how do you quote multiple posts from multiple people?

you can quote the person....copy it....hit back on the browser....paste into the other quoted reply.

Or you can use the {QUOTE=person's name} {/QUOTE} tags. USe [] instead of {}

Even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

While I don't think we should do anything until draft day, I do feel that the trade we proposed is a smart trade. First the reasons I would wait...

1) we could possibly move up for CJ or, long shot he falls to us.

2) We could be offered an exceptional trade down deal that would net us 3 first day picks. Basically anything can happen.

Now for why I like this deal... Our projected starting linebackers Washington, Fletcher, Marshall will all be in their 30's by the start of the season. Getting Briggs and the 31st pick would give us two young LB's Rocky 23 and Briggs 26 for the future. Briggs has already been to 2 pro Bowls in his 3 year career and was an alternate as a rookie, anyone else on our Defense can say this? Briggs is better and safer than any of the D-lineman in the draft. And we still have the 31st pick.

Now just because Bram, who criticizes the FO for mortgaging the future, can't see that this is a very good move to build for the future as well as today doesn't mean you can't open your eyes and see the light. Don't make the mistake of falling into the media's habit of criticizing every move just because it's vogue to do so.

While I don't think we should do anything until draft day, I do feel that the trade we proposed is a smart trade. First the reasons I would wait... 1) we could possibly move up for CJ or, long shot he falls to us. 2) We could be offered an exceptional trade down deal that would net us 3 first day picks. Basically anything can happen. Now for why I like this deal... Our projected starting linebackers Washington, Fletcher, Marshall will all be in their 30's by the start of the season. Getting Briggs and the 31st pick would give us two young LB's Rocky 23 and Briggs 26 for the future. Briggs has already been to 2 pro Bowls in his 3 year career and was an alternate as a rookie, anyone else on our Defense can say this? Briggs is better and safer than any of the D-lineman in the draft. And we still have the 31st pick. Now just because Bram, who criticizes the FO for mortgaging the future, can't see that this is a very good move to build for the future as well as today doesn't mean you can't open your eyes and see the light. Don't make the mistake of falling into the media's habit of criticizing every move just because it's vogue to do so.

Exactly. That's why I'm so on the fence with this, the pickets are starting to hurt my butt. I don't know which side to jump on.

Also, you can hit the multi-quote button right next to the quote button - it will "check" that post. Then, when you hit post reply at the bottom of the page, all the posts you "checked" will show up in your reply.

you can quote the person....copy it....hit back on the browser....paste into the other quoted reply.

Or you can use the {QUOTE=person's name} {/QUOTE} tags. USe [] instead of {}

Right next to the quote button, to the right, there is one that says multi quote. Just pick all the ones you want to quote, then hit the actual quote button I think.

Edit: yeah thats how, just tried it, it works.

Briggs is better and safer than any of the D-lineman in the draft. And we still have the 31st pick.

Now just because Bram, who criticizes the FO for mortgaging the future, can't see that this is a very good move to build for the future as well as today doesn't mean you can't open your eyes and see the light. Don't make the mistake of falling into the media's habit of criticizing every move just because it's vogue to do so.

Pretty much everybody here has offered our opinions on this trade. The whole opposition to the Briggs trade idea has been going on for quite some time. It has nothing to do with today's Redskins lunch. Bram as far as I can tell hasn't moved anyone one way or another on this, he's another voice that doesn't like the Briggs deal.

And how do you know Briggs is a better and safer pick than the D-lineman? We are speculating here but it seems like you are saying you have the definitive read on this.

I am on the Briggs for equivalent of #16 side of the fence.

All Pro + 31st Pick > #6 Pick

Should be a no brainer! But for some reason many on this board can't see it. I still think the main reason for the offer was the age of our current LB core by the start of the season, MW 30 - LF 32 - LM 30. Briggs 26 and McCintosh 23 would be solid for several years. And he's the best and safest pick at #6, plus we would still have the #31 to upgrade the line. last years Defensive rookie of the year was taken with pick 33.

DE Gaines Adams

DT Alan Branch

DT Amobi Okoye

DE Jaamal Anderson

Is anyone out there willing to bet this years salary that one of these guys will definately be better than any of these guys...

DE Anthony Spence

DE Quintin Moses

DE Victor Abiamiri

DE Charles Johnson

DT Tank Tyler

DT justin Harrell

Because I would rather have a known quanity with Briggs at #6 and any of the 2nd group than any one of the first group.

how do you know Briggs is a better and safer pick than the D-lineman? We are speculating here but it seems like you are saying you have the definitive read on this.

Lance Briggs

Career Statistics

Year Tackles

2006 134 (Pro Bowl)

2005 107 (Pro Bowl) (All Pro)

2004 125 (Pro Bowl Alternate)

2003 78

Obviously none of the Defensive players in the draft can claim they are going to be any of the above. I can however say that the guy I want already is. Not really that hard. :)

I am on the Briggs for equivalent of #16 side of the fence.

All Pro + 31st Pick > #6 Pick

Should be a no brainer! But for some reason many on this board can't see it. I still think the main reason for the offer was the age of our current LB core by the start of the season, MW 30 - LF 32 - LM 30. Briggs 26 and McCintosh 23 would be solid for several years. And he's the best and safest pick at #6, plus we would still have the #31 to upgrade the line. last years Defensive rookie of the year was taken with pick 33.

DE Gaines Adams

DT Alan Branch

DT Amobi Okoye

DE Jaamal Anderson

Is anyone out there willing to bet this years salary that one of these guys will definately be better than any of these guys...

DE Anthony Spence

DE Quintin Moses

DE Victor Abiamiri

DE Charles Johnson

DT Tank Tyler

DT justin Harrell

Because I would rather have a known quanity with Briggs at #6 and any of the 2nd group than any one of the first group.

Are we forgetting about trading up to draft RM early in the second round last year? If we hadnt done that, this trade might make a little more sense. We have a second year LB that we're just wanna give up on? Give away the 6th pick in the draft plus last years second rounder and whatever we gave up to move up in the second round last year for one position? That in and of itself makes this trade ludicrous. If this trade goes through, (i never thought Id say this) Gibbs and Co. have to go.

Are we forgetting about trading up to draft RM early in the second round last year? If we hadnt done that, this trade might make a little more sense. We have a second year LB that we're just wanna give up on? Give away the 6th pick in the draft plus last years second rounder and whatever we gave up to move up in the second round last year for one position? That in and of itself makes this trade ludacris. If this trade goes through, (i never thought Id say this) Gibbs and Co. have to go.

LOL How can you trade an owner? You think Gibbs makes the defensive decesions?

Can we fire the owner? Come on.

OK will do

Redskins lunch

Nothing earth shattering. Bram seems to think like a lot of us on the board. He says something likely will happen today one way or another based on the ESPN report. Doesn't like the deal, says its counter intuitive. We have Rocky and Lemar on the weakside. The draft is rich in defensive lineman and that's the position we need to address. We probably have a good shot at the best defensive lineman on the board why give that up for a position we already have filled? He thinks the Bears should do this deal in a heartbeat -- they can get a stud like Gaines Adams. He says lets all pray the Bears turn us down.

OTOH, if "the draft is rich at DL" (and lots of "experts" say it is), then there should still be good quality at #31. (Maybe even Branch, according to some experts.)

(Although me, I'm really starting to get a man crush on Okoye.)

Right next to the quote button, to the right, there is one that says multi quote. Just pick all the ones you want to quote, then hit the actual quote button I think.

Edit: yeah thats how, just tried it, it works.

Thanks for that. Been here 1 year and have never figured it out. :cheers:

Are we forgetting about trading up to draft RM early in the second round last year? If we hadnt done that, this trade might make a little more sense. We have a second year LB that we're just wanna give up on? Give away the 6th pick in the draft plus last years second rounder and whatever we gave up to move up in the second round last year for one position? That in and of itself makes this trade ludacris. If this trade goes through, (i never thought Id say this) Gibbs and Co. have to go.

I'm afraid you just made yourself the poster boy for having the media give you your opinion. Have you heard ANYONE in the Redskins coaching staff say they have given up on Rocky. No you haven't, but you have heard it from some local mediots haven't you. Again, and I will say slower for those of you who still have your ears pressed to the radio waiting for your next opinion...

Our starting Linebackers will all be 30 or older at the start of the season. Rocky's time will come soon enough he is a very good young talent. As far as using two second round picks for him last year was a reach because we were set on drafting need over value, just like most of you want to do this year, and Rocky would have been gone by our pick so we moved up.

And as far as Gibbs and company having to go. Do me a favor learn a 10th of what any of our coaches know and then tell me who should go.

Lance Briggs

Career Statistics

Year Tackles

2006 134 (Pro Bowl)

2005 107 (Pro Bowl) (All Pro)

2004 125 (Pro Bowl Alternate)

2003 78

Obviously none of the Defensive players in the draft can claim they are going to be any of the above. I can however say that the guy I want already is. Not really that hard. :)

If Briggs was a DE then that would be fine. The problem is no one here thinks LB is enough of a need to do this. If the Bears were offering Dick Butkus in his prime it would still be a bad idea.

DL is that much of a need that taking the risk is justified.

Archived