Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mort: Chicago Not Interested in Trade

CPstretch

Given the fact that Briggs has never played in this system, that risk goes up.

Good point...but didnt Marcus Washington have a KILLER first year in this same system? I know what you are saying..its hit and miss. its not llike we have ever blown a top 10 draft pick before...they are always a sure thing right??? (See Rod Garner). Just like anything else in this league...you gotta roll the dice :laugh:

The media is reporting the offer. The same media that makes mistakes all the time. Is this the real offer the skins sent to the Bears or just part of the offer? I doubt we will find out what the skins actually requested from the Bears.

Just something to think about.

I have one question...just one simple question....

Where is Joe Gibbs in all of this? He is the team President and I like to believe that he would be in the loop on all of this.

No need for him to say anything. It would just add fuel to the fire. I am sure Gibbs and company have a plan. No need for them to tell the rest of the league their plan.

look on this team now! how many stars are really on it that its like a fantasy football team most of our team is being built through the draft now. for example cooley JC, golston,Betts,Rogers,taylor.

I believe we have the lowest amount of home grown players, originally drafted by us, compared to other teams in the league. It's completely false to say that most of this team is built through the draft now. You can't build through the draft when you are constantly giving away draft choices. Over the past 3-4 years. it's gotten progressively WORSE.

This team builds primarily through free agency, and then trades... sprinkle in a little draft, but not much.

I believe we have the lowest amount of home grown players, originally drafted by us, compared to other teams in the league. It's completely false to say that most of this team is built through the draft now. You can't build through the draft when you are constantly giving away draft choices. Over the past 3-4 years. it's gotten progressively WORSE.

This team builds primarily through free agency, and then trades... sprinkle in a little draft, but not much.

Twelve of 16 picks the last three years are still here. I think seven of them have started for us in that time frame, though I'd have to double check. We have more bodies on the roster than the Pats or Colts from the last three drafts I believe, and we have more starters of quality than either of them. Quality tends to be better than quantity. We could have 26 picks and have kept 12 like most teams, but, I like solidifying our picks and doing a pretty good job of getting guys you want, like Cooley and even Rocky.

We do have more free agents than many teams in starting roles. Portis, Sellers, Thomas, Rabach, ARE/Lloyd, Wade I suppose, Griff, Daniels, Carter, Salave'a, Washington, Fletcher, Springs and whoever's at SS.

Of those guys, I really only think Wade and the SS are guys who've had no value for us as starters and I believe we'd both like most of the guys on this list rather than more draft picks.

mortenson said on sportscenter that chicago is not interested in the trade the redskins offered them. jerry angelo is actually mad that the skins started these rumors.

i'm glad this trade won't go down.

Oh please, I want Briggs so badly I can't stand it. Damnit all to hell :mad: :evil:

The Redskins without Briggs would be like Chinese food without the MSG.

Don't let the flava' die...please

:phone: Drew: "Hello, is ______ there?... :secret: Bears: "...tell them that we're not interested" Redskins Fans: :shot: LoudMouth: :jump:

Bang! I want a job...you need me :silly:

HTTR

"Do Drugs!"

Twelve of 16 picks the last three years are still here. I think seven of them have started for us in that time frame, though I'd have to double check. We have more bodies on the roster than the Pats or Colts from the last three drafts I believe, and we have more starters of quality than either of them. .

Come on Art, how do you get your facts?

2 3(35) Roger McIntosh OLB Miami (OH)

5 20(153) Anthony Montgomery DT Minnesota

6 4(173) Reed Doughty S N Colorado

6 27(196) Kedric Golston DT Georgia

7 22(230) Kili Lefotu OG Arizona

7 42(250) Kevin Simon ILB Tennessee

1. Carlos Rogers, CB, Auburn (9th)

1. Jason Campbell, QB, Auburn (25th)

4. Manuel White, FB, UCLA (120th)

5. Robert McCune, ILB, Louisville (154th)

6. Jared Newberry, OLB, Stanford (183rd)

7. Nehemiah Broughton, FB, The Citadel (222nd)

1. Sean Taylor, S, Miami

3. Chris Cooley, TE, Utah State

5. Mark Wilson, OT, California

6. Jim Molinaro, OT, Notre Dame

2. Taylor Jacobs, WR, Florida

3. Derrick Dockery, G, Texas

7. Gibran Hamdan, QB, Indiana

1. Patrick Ramsey, QB, Tulane

2. Ladell Betts, RB, Iowa

3. Rashad Bauman, CB, Oregon

3. Cliff Russell, WR, Utah

5. Andre Lott, S, Tennessee

5. Robert Royal, TE, LSU

6. Reggie Coleman, T, Tennessee

7. Jeff Grau, LS, UCLA

7. Greg Scott, DE, Hampton

7. Rock Cartwright, FB, Kansas St.

Twelve of 16 picks the last three years are still here. I think seven of them have started for us in that time frame, though I'd have to double check. We have more bodies on the roster than the Pats or Colts from the last three drafts I believe, and we have more starters of quality than either of them. .

1. Sean Taylor, S, Miami

5. Robert Royal, TE, LSU

7. Jeff Grau, LS, UCLA

Can you not count?

Chip,

I think I focused on the last three years because that's under the same leadership. We did just get rid of Molinaro so of the 16 picks we're down now to 11 still left with 8 having started for us at some point in that period. What are you asking?

1. Sean Taylor, S, Miami

5. Robert Royal, TE, LSU

7. Jeff Grau, LS, UCLA

My only real starters from this group for the last 5 year

1. Sean Taylor, S, Miami

5. Robert Royal, TE, LSU

7. Rock Cartwright

:2cents: I think this trade might be alright. Briggs is a proven player. I know we have Lemar and Rocky but we could really use Briggs. Plus if we were to get him Rocky and Lemar would still get playing time because of all the defensive packages Williams have. I believe we could make this work. There will still be quality defense players at #31 that we could pick.

Twelve of 16 picks the last three years are still here. I think seven of them have started for us in that time frame, though I'd have to double check. We have more bodies on the roster than the Pats or Colts from the last three drafts I believe, and we have more starters of quality than either of them. Quality tends to be better than quantity. We could have 26 picks and have kept 12 like most teams, but, I like solidifying our picks and doing a pretty good job of getting guys you want, like Cooley and even Rocky.

Depends one what you call quality. For example, would you rather have Manuel White on the practice squad counting as one of those 16 players? Or would you rather have had someone like Marcus Spears, who would have been a nice contributor on Sunday to our defensive line. It's stuff like that which makes me scratch my head.

We do have more free agents than many teams in starting roles. Portis, Sellers, Thomas, Rabach, ARE/Lloyd, Wade I suppose, Griff, Daniels, Carter, Salave'a, Washington, Fletcher, Springs and whoever's at SS.

Of those guys, I really only think Wade and the SS are guys who've had no value for us as starters and I believe we'd both like most of the guys on this list rather than more draft picks.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather have that 3rd round choice compared to what we got out of Duckett for one year. I'd say that I'd prefer those draft picks back from San Fransisco for Brandon Lloyd as well. That's just talking from a trade standpoint. I like some of the moves we've made in free agency, but they do get overshadowed by the Archuletas and Lloyds of the world, especially when you have the 6th worst record in the league last year.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather have that 3rd round choice compared to what we got out of Duckett for one year. I'd say that I'd prefer those draft picks back from San Fransisco for Brandon Lloyd as well. That's just talking from a trade standpoint. I like some of the moves we've made in free agency, but they do get overshadowed by the Archuletas and Lloyds of the world, especially when you have the 6th worst record in the league last year.

Hindsight is always 20/20 I mean you can say that about alot of players. Gee we should have drafted this guy instead of Ramsey and so on. When we made a play for these guys Gibbs and the front office felt we needed them. While I agree I would rather have the picks instead of TJ, it is just too easy to look back and second guess and act like we ALL knew better

Archived