Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mort: Chicago Not Interested in Trade

CPstretch

I like Rocky as much as anyone, but why? Lance Briggs is a probowl LB...what has Rocky proven to you thus far? That he wasn't good enough to start over Warrick Holdman?

it isn't so much that rocky has proven anything to me so far, its more a matter of we gave up 2 picks just to get him. at least give him a chance before you bring in someone to play ahead of him...

I am not excited about Briggs and due to the opportunities this staff seems to be taking to ensure McIntosh doesn't take the field as a starter, you have to wonder if the organization sees a future for him here.

It would be a shame a year later after having moved up to take him that the Redskins give up on a player before giving him any extended chance on the field to prove himself.

you would have thought that on a 5-11 team with the #30 defense THAT would be a good time to start McIntosh........after all the playoffs were out of the question from midseason...................BUT the team went with Holdman at linebacker and brought in 36 year old Troy Vincent to play safety...........

Those were good moves for the future :rolleyes:

now i feel better, i really like that the redskins are messing with people. were giving off that crazy uncle vibe, people have no clue what stupid business were gonna be discussing next, and i for once love it.

too damn funny, guess who's 8 nephew's call the crazy uncle... ;)

What's bad is that the Redskins saying they were interested in this trade, it was effectively a vote of no cofidence in Rocky. By endorsing this and having these talks, the team told Rocky that it does not feel he is a future starter. You don't even talk about that trade if you are excited about Rocky's future. Now they go back to him? It's like the worst of both words. Now we've admitted we don't like Rocky starting, but didn't get the guy to start.

I'm predicting Marshall starts at WLB this seasons.

ummm actually what you are saying is that one of your starting LB's had hip surgery and may not be ready for the start fo the season. This was not an attack on your man crush this was a team actually looking ahead. I'm glad that the trade didnt go down but don't make it into something its not.

ummm actually what you are saying is that one of your starting LB's had hip surgery and may not be ready for the start fo the season. This was not an attack on your man crush this was a team actually looking ahead. I'm glad that the trade didnt go down but don't make it into something its not.

Seeing as how you are a semi-pro hall of famer, surely you understand the difference between a WLB and a SLB (Will and Sam).

Let me explain this for you, real simple like:

Briggs = WLB

Rocky = WLB

Washington = SLB

This is a move to bring in a starting WLB. It has nothing to do with Washington or SLB.

The combined with teh fact the team didn't think he was good enough to play ahead of Highway 57 last year, is pretty much conclusive proof that they don't see a future with Rocky.

actually, if I were the Bears I would be more in favor of making this deal. Briggs is a quality player but he plays a position where Super Bowl teams have shown recently can be filled in with mid-tier vets and draft picks.

this is not a quarterback, corner or dominant DL we are talking about.

At #31 the Bears would not in all likelihood receive an impact player but rather a solid prospect that will take a year or two to develop into a key contributor.

At #6 Chicago could boost its talent on the OL or at WR.

Don't tell me the Bears wouldn't look a whole lot better in 2007 with Johnson at WR :)

So now Chicago is the one that has leverage. WTF.

Thats how Im feeling. They have a player that refuses to playanother down in their uniform and THEY are turning the trade down? I still see either this or something very closesly related going down on draft day.

I am sorry but if the bears pooh-pooh this deal then they are absolutely retarded.

Thank god for us since it makes absolutely no sense.

I heard the whole thing on sirius with regards to first person accounts. I get the strange feeling Danny is never going to be anything more than the most likely-to-be-taken-advantage-of person in the NFL.

sheesh.

IN the End I cannot get all upset about Vinny. He has no real job other than to be the ***** for Danny's impulses.

WHY could the Danny not have owned some other team?????

Even Georgia Frontierre sorta figured it out after a while...

I am sure Danny boy will never.

Hopefully Rocky will show us something good. But honestly, after this, I have huge doubts that we'll be picking 6th come the 24th of April.

Also, I wonder if people voted 5 Stars on this thread because it brought upon good news. I thought the ratings were for the actual thread, not what it was reporting. Don't get me wrong, the thread starter made a good choice in posting this, but I just hope people don't forget how to use the ratings system.

Not far off. It wouldn't surprise me if Chicago is just holding off to see if Danny sweetens the pot. After all, Snyder can't stand not getting his man. We don't need that pesky 31st pick anyways. Let's just give 'em the #6 for Briggs straight up. :doh:

Please quit giving Danny Ideas i heard he is an active member of the boards

i hope this trade doesnt go down. if our FO wanted this trade, we need a new front office. i think we are fine at lb. with fletch, rocky and washington we are set and we have a backup in marshall that could play all three positions. the best move we could make is getting a reputable GM.

Archived