Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mort: Chicago Not Interested in Trade

CPstretch

mortenson said on sportscenter that chicago is not interested in the trade the redskins offered them. jerry angelo is actually mad that the skins started these rumors.

i'm glad this trade won't go down.

Oh no...Mr. Angelo is mad... :laugh:...wait til the first time AA gets beat deep against the Redskins...then he'll really be mad :)

on nfl live Morty said that on tuesday(today) the Skins made an offical offer of #6 for Briggs and #31 at the owners meetings. bears were unhappy the meadia about the very real offer getting out. bears are trying to get more for him. sorry no link because it was Mort on NFL live at4 pm today

I dont know where you all are getting your info from. I just was watching espn news at 8:45pm and this trade talk is not over. Also Here in richmond on the local news they are reporting this is all but a done deal. plus I did not here mort say this.. He said that the bears wher upset that it got out.

Mort's quote on the 6 pm (eastern) Sportscenter was:

"Yes, the Bears and Redskins did talk briefly today, and the Bears informed the Redskins that they were not interested. In fact, they were a little angry that the Redskins would mention this to the media and create sort of a circus atmosphere around here. Drew Rosenhaus is creating this rumor. But as we know Drew is great at making a lot of noise."

Sounds to me like someone (probably Angelo) told Mort directly that this trade was not going to go down. My guess as to why they are still talking about it is because Rosenhaus keeps saying that it will happen.

Bears say 'No' to Briggs dealposted: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 | Print Entry

The Bears are saying no to a Lance Briggs trade to Washington. That stand won't change during this week's owners meeting, but don't be surprised if they take the weekend and the early part of next week to study the concept.

The Redskins are willing to drop from No. 6 in the first round to No. 31 in a trade for the Bears linebacker. The Bears biggest problem is feeling bullied, which is why their initial position is "No."

Briggs' agent, Drew Rosenhaus, has a great relationship with Redskins owner Daniel Snyder, so it's no surprise he could use Snyder to shake up the Bears. The other problem is the Bears don't want to draft as high as No. 6. Still, this might be an interesting offer for a franchise player threatening to miss 10 regular season games. Give them the weekend to think about it.

Here's what is interesting here. Da' Bears have a history of reportedly not wanting top 10 draft picks, ofter seeking to trade down to reduce risk of busts and to limit cap hits. So when the rumor popped out I thought it was curious.

Mort's report actually makes sense considering how conservative Da' Bears are when it comes to the draft. Also, Drew started this stuff... why do we still listen to him... next question?

Coles did just fine for the Jets last year.

And that trade basicly cost us Antonio Pierce and Fred Smoot. Eating 9 million in dead money is never a good thing.

If our front office was worth a damn, they would have chose Moss over Rod Gardner in the draft to begin with.

Agreed, and do you know Cerrato wanted him and told Snyder to get him at any cost but Marty picked Gardner?

why isn't he mad at Drew Rosenhaus? no one from the Skins started anything

He was mad at the media but according to Mort the skins called him today and lets just say he was not a happy a camper.

Mort does feel once all this news dies down that the teams will have some serious talks about it and sees a very good chance of this trade happening.

Briggs would be a huge asset if we could add him people are crazy to think a #6 pick would be as good as briggs is. He is a proven pro bowler and I believe there are some solid DL we could get at 31 and even on the second day. The reason Clayton said the Bears dont want to pick that high is that they dont see anyone that would fit or be worth taking at 6. I think if briggs stays tough on his sit out and rosenhaus gets even lower. its not like this guy is old he is only 26 and he should be hitting his prime he is a huge upgrade over rocky or lemar

He was mad at the media but according to Mort the skins called him today and lets just say he was not a happy a camper.

Mort does feel once all this news dies down that the teams will have some serious talks about it and sees a very good chance of this trade happening.

Wouldn't be surprised by that....Look at the Coles/Moss deal...Once the talk died down the trade got done....I'm sure them telling Mort they have no interest was a way to get attention off of it...

On a different note, with Anderson slipping on the draft boards if Adams is gone then our choices are really limted at 6....Would you rather reach for an Anderson who is projected by many to go in past 10 now or would you trade down with the Bears????

The reason Clayton said the Bears dont want to pick that high is that they dont see anyone that would fit or be worth taking at 6.

Surely Da Bears aren't THAT cheap that they wouldn't want the #6 pick in the draft because they don't want to pay the guy. :doh:

Briggs would be a huge asset if we could add him people are crazy to think a #6 pick would be as good as briggs is. He is a proven pro bowler and I believe there are some solid DL we could get at 31 and even on the second day. The reason Clayton said the Bears dont want to pick that high is that they dont see anyone that would fit or be worth taking at 6. I think if briggs stays tough on his sit out and rosenhaus gets even lower. its not like this guy is old he is only 26 and he should be hitting his prime he is a huge upgrade over rocky or lemar

I guess alot of the fans here have devalued the draft as much as the team has. It's really sad to see how many people still buy into it.

Briggs could be an upgrade over Rocky. We don't know that, because McIntosh hasn't been given the opportunity to show what he's made of, and there is always the chance that Briggs will be one of those free agents that's giving money back to the Skins front office one or two years down the road... much like Archuleta, there's always a chance that aquired veteran players just won't fit in. Given the fact that Briggs has never played in this system, that risk goes up.

If the problem per the article I posted is that the Bears don't want such a high pick -- wouldn't surprise me then if we make a deal with our favorite trading partners the Broncos -- we trade for their picks and then hand them over to the Bears.

This seems like a BS excuse, the Bears could always parlay that 6th round pick into several later picks if they wanted to. They would just need to find a trade down partner.

Archived