Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trading Partner: NE

26fan4life

I doubt New England does that either, but it's not out of the question. They have traded up before, for Graham and (I think) Warren. There were also plenty of rumors they tried to move up for Dewayne Robertson and even Sean Taylor. It was pretty well established a couple of years ago that they were out maneuvered when they tried to move up for Vernon Carey.

The Patriots are not stupid. They are one of the most draft savy teams in football. We are one of the stupidest teams when it comes to drafting. They are the odds on favorite to win the super bowl this year and they are the team of this decade. And they have two first round picks to upgrade their defense and offense even further. So why would they deal with us????

:rolleyes:

The Pats are all about draft day. I like the idea of this trade but no way would they do it. Drafting players and keeping them have been their primary goal and has won them 3 Super Bowls using this strategy. But hey, if it happened I wouldn't be upset because we need more draft picks to build a young core of players that can lead us back to the Super Bowl.

The only possible reason The Pats would ever make that trade is because they stocked up during free agency this offseason.

Now, if they keep their picks, make sure you keep track of their waiver wire during pre-season and see what they throw out. Might have some good filler guys there because The Pats are so deep...

But I dont think there is any way in the world they make that trade with us.

Ordinarily I would think no but after this offseasons spending spree I am starting to think it would be a possiblilty...could Belichek be working toward a final hurrah? If he were he would certainly have to mull over the possibility of picking up an impact player at #6 instead of guys he would possibily have to develope more. I would love if the Skins made a move like this.

Just because the #'s are close doesn't mean the Patriots are going to do it. In fact, if you knew anything, you would know that they would be the last team to make a deal that would give up so many picks.

New England isn't exactly following their previous plan this year. They've signed quite a few free agents this offseason, and spent big money on a couple.

New England isn't exactly following their previous plan this year. They've signed quite a few free agents this offseason, and spent big money on a couple.

Of course, they also dealt their 2nd and 7th for Welker. Are they going to give up their highest remaining 4 picks for 1, and sit out most of the draft (don't know if they have any extra picks, btw)?

I doubt it.

Just because the #'s are close doesn't mean the Patriots are going to do it. In fact, if you knew anything, you would know that they would be the last team to make a deal that would give up so many picks.

First of all this was clearly a hypothetical question to identify whether everyone on this board was adamant on picking their one "guy" or if they would consider drafting tank tyler and anthony spencer (and therefore sacrifice big name players such as anderson, adams, branch, okeye etc). secondly you questioning my knowledge is comical considering your previous comparison of alan branch to brodrick bunkley of all people. you just like to say things that you know absolutely nothing about so please reserve your judgement of others in the future.

First of all this was clearly a hypothetical question to identify whether everyone on this board was adamant on picking their one "guy" or if they would consider drafting tank tyler and anthony spencer (and therefore sacrifice big name players such as anderson, adams, branch, okeye etc).

Here's your orignal post:

our #6 = 1600

NE # 24 = 740

NE # 28 = 660

their 3rd rounder = 132

their 4th rounder = 48

http://www.theredzone.org/2006/draf...tvaluechart.asp

Anyone down for dealing our #6 overall for both of NE's first round picks, their 3rd and their 4th? That way we could draft tank tyler and anthony spencer for a DT and DE and therefore address our two primary needs.

Exactly WHAT part of that made it "clearly" hypothetical????

The only player I could see them moving up to take would be Patrick Willis. They have gotten by fine without the big name receiver (that eliminates CJ).

They don't need a QB. They play a 3-4, so there isn't anyone worth taking at number six that would play on their defensive line.

Not too mention that they're pretty young there as well.

Landry is a possibility, but they tend to almost neglect their secondary.

Their solid at tackle, and Joe Thomas won't be there.

They took a RB in the 1st round last year.

So, who else besides Patrick Willis would they want. And I don't think Willis is worth that much. I think it would be more likely to see them trade up and get Paul Posluszny in the middle of the 1st round. He's a guy who could play inside or outside.

I agree that this probably won't happen, but it is fun to think about. If the Skins fell into this trade what I'd like to see them do is trade the first 1st round pick for a 2d and 3d. That would leave us with a total of 1 first, 1 second, 2 thirds, and 1 fourth. Sweet Creamery Butter! here's my draft with those picks.

1. Tank Tyler ( unless we got blind lucky and got Carriker )

2. Brandon Merriweather - Safety

3. David Harris - MLB

3. Josh Wilson - CB

4. Dan Buzin - DE

Here are my predicted Vinnie Picks with the same numbers

1. Legs Peterson - Punter from The University of Guam. Has been know to punt the ball over 80 yds, but will only play naked - can see a problem with DC winters

2. Manuel Balboa - Jerry Jones personal gardner. JJ has assured Vinnie that this is the man to spruce up Dan Snyder cottage on the Eastern Shore.

3. Skip " Call me Skippy " Walderman - Towel boy for the University of North Dakota at Pierre - Vinnie pointed out "Day after day, game after game, he continues to provide the cleanest best folded linen in college football. We have to have him!"

3. Mike Ditka - Vinnie Proclaims, " Given enough time we are convinced we can talk him out of retirement."

4. Mike Ditka - Vinnie again, " We want to make it crystal clear just how much we want Mike Ditka on our team.:cheers:

I agree that this probably won't happen, but it is fun to think about. If the Skins fell into this trade what I'd like to see them do is trade the first 1st round pick for a 2d and 3d. That would leave us with a total of 1 first, 1 second, 2 thirds, and 1 fourth. Sweet Creamery Butter! here's my draft with those picks.

1. Tank Tyler ( unless we got blind lucky and got Carriker )

2. Brandon Merriweather - Safety

3. David Harris - MLB

3. Josh Wilson - CB

4. Dan Buzin - DE

Here are my predicted Vinnie Picks with the same numbers

1. Legs Peterson - Punter from The University of Guam. Has been know to punt the ball over 80 yds, but will only play naked - can see a problem with DC winters

2. Manuel Balboa - Jerry Jones personal gardner. JJ has assured Vinnie that this is the man to spruce up Dan Snyder cottage on the Eastern Shore.

3. Skip " Call me Skippy " Walderman - Towel boy for the University of North Dakota at Pierre - Vinnie pointed out "Day after day, game after game, he continues to provide the cleanest best folded linen in college football. We have to have him!"

3. Mike Ditka - Vinnie Proclaims, " Given enough time we are convinced we can talk him out of retirement."

4. Mike Ditka - Vinnie again, " We want to make it crystal clear just how much we want Mike Ditka on our team.:cheers:

We would be lucky to have those picks.

The only player I could see them moving up to take would be Patrick Willis... And I don't think Willis is worth that much. I think it would be more likely to see them trade up and get Paul Posluszny in the middle of the 1st round. He's a guy who could play inside or outside.

Coiuldn't agree more, Slateman...in addition, I've seen mock draft boards that have Posluszny available at NE's spot, so they may not have to trade up at all.

As much as Redskin fans like the idea, the Patriots probably don't have the specific player or the motivation to move up to #6. If we deal down, it will be with another trading partner.

First of all this was clearly a hypothetical question to identify whether everyone on this board was adamant on picking their one "guy" or if they would consider drafting tank tyler and anthony spencer (and therefore sacrifice big name players such as anderson, adams, branch, okeye etc). secondly you questioning my knowledge is comical considering your previous comparison of alan branch to brodrick bunkley of all people. you just like to say things that you know absolutely nothing about so please reserve your judgement of others in the future.
The only reason I compared Bunkley to Branch is that the mediots, and less-knowledgeable fans like yourself are overrating him tremendously. Hence, he will be taken higher than he should by a team who will be regretting it one year later. I am hoping we are not that team. You've only been here a month and you're already starting call-out threads about other CJ threads and going around claiming you know so much and everyone else is so stupid. While I will agree that there are a lot of stupid things said by a lot of stupid people, you are no different. I'd change my tone if I were you. Also, you're Canadian. :doh: SHHHHH!!!

our #6 = 1600

NE # 24 = 740

NE # 28 = 660

their 3rd rounder = 132

their 4th rounder = 48

http://www.theredzone.org/2006/draft/draftvaluechart.asp

Anyone down for dealing our #6 overall for both of NE's first round picks, their 3rd and their 4th? That way we could draft tank tyler and anthony spencer for a DT and DE and therefore address our two primary needs.

EDITED: the following was a hypothetical question for those that didn't realize - although suggesting that NE would trade 4 picks for one should be enough of an indication :mad:

I would do that trade. We could get possibly Robert Meachum WR, Laron Landry or Reggie Nelson at safety or Ben Grubbs at LG.

...anbd pick up a few more impzct players to add depth or possibly start somewhere.

The only reason I compared Bunkley to Branch is that the mediots, and less-knowledgeable fans like yourself are overrating him tremendously. Hence, he will be taken higher than he should by a team who will be regretting it one year later. I am hoping we are not that team. You've only been here a month and you're already starting call-out threads about other CJ threads and going around claiming you know so much and everyone else is so stupid. While I will agree that there are a lot of stupid things said by a lot of stupid people, you are no different. I'd change my tone if I were you. Also, you're Canadian. :doh: SHHHHH!!!

being canadian does not impede my intelligence in any way. although i have been a member for about a month, i had been coming on as a guest for a while. how high of you to try to put me down by using my present location against me. :finger: :nono:

Y'know, this is sort of off topic, but not really.

I want to say that this points system for draft picks is just about the stupidest thing I've ever seen in my life.

How on earth can anyone think they can grade out something that is SO intangible?

~Bang

our #6 = 1600

NE # 24 = 740

NE # 28 = 660

their 3rd rounder = 132

their 4th rounder = 48

http://www.theredzone.org/2006/draft/draftvaluechart.asp

EDITED: the following was a hypothetical question for those that didn't realize - although suggesting that NE would trade 4 picks for one should be enough of an indication :mad:

I can see what you're getting at, but a few questions come to mind. Do they REALLY need that 6th rounder? We all know how well the Pats do on draft day, so in theory, their picks are almost worth more than most teams because of their hit/miss ratio.

LOL

These threads are fun. And by fun, I mean grinding your face on the asphalt after ditching your motorcycle fun..

NE isn't desperate for a top 10 player and their organization builds from multiple draft picks through their excellent scouting department.

The Patriots trade picks a lot, actually.

Some of the trades in the last few years:

2007 2nd, 7th - Wes Welker

2006 2nd, 3rd - 2nd (Chad Jackson (WR))

2003 1st, 6th - 1st (Ty Warren)

2003 2nd, 3rd - 2nd (Eugene Wilson) + 4th

2003 2nd, 4th - 2nd (Bethel Johnson)

If you look at history, you won't find a lot of teams that trade up in the 1st round because it just doesn't happen very often at all, but I'd say that the Patriots are more likely than most, rather than less likely to do that kind of trade. They've given and taken over a dozen draft picks in the last few years. They love to wheel and deal picks.

Archived