Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trading Partner: NE

26fan4life

being canadian does not impede my intelligence in any way. although i have been a member for about a month, i had been coming on as a guest for a while. how high of you to try to put me down by using my present location against me. :finger: :nono:
You see that special group you're a part of?...that's not a badge of honor. Also, how did you know I was high? :cool:

they would never even dream of doing that. Wow there front office is the S***. They have 2 1st round picks. Dam we need to get Scott Pioli or what ever his name is.
Totally agree, Pioli is the Patriots MVP, not Brady. And if I'm not mistaken, there is no salary cap for front office personnel or coaches, so I'm shocked that we havn't spent a theme park trying to get the best talent scout on planet earth.

LOL

These threads are fun. And by fun, I mean grinding your face on the asphalt after ditching your motorcycle fun..

NE isn't desperate for a top 10 player and their organization builds from multiple draft picks through their excellent scouting department.

Oldskool, you and I are always on the same page. I think if we work at it, we can educate the redskin masses. NE doesn't need anyone in the top 10. Because Belichek has a system. And he knows what type of players work in his system and he can get those players from anywhere within the draft. He can recognize them, we can't! What NE going to do is use one of the 1st round picks, trade the other to some desperate smuck who wants to get into the late 1st round, and take that teams 1st round pick for the 2008 draft plus their 2nd or 3rd round pick too. That's how they operate!

NE isn't dealing with us. They don't have to. They have this draft well under control to do whatever they want.

Just because the #'s are close doesn't mean the Patriots are going to do it. In fact, if you knew anything, you would know that they would be the last team to make a deal that would give up so many picks.

I agree. I'm sure NE's front office could work out a trade with Vinny with them giving up much less than that. :doh:

Y'know, this is sort of off topic, but not really.

I want to say that this points system for draft picks is just about the stupidest thing I've ever seen in my life.

How on earth can anyone think they can grade out something that is SO intangible?

~Bang

When they don't want to think hard, Bang. When they don't want to think hard.

our #6 = 1600

NE # 24 = 740

NE # 28 = 660

their 3rd rounder = 132

their 4th rounder = 48

http://www.theredzone.org/2006/draft/draftvaluechart.asp

Anyone down for dealing our #6 overall for both of NE's first round picks, their 3rd and their 4th? That way we could draft tank tyler and anthony spencer for a DT and DE and therefore address our two primary needs.

EDITED: the following was a hypothetical question for those that didn't realize - although suggesting that NE would trade 4 picks for one should be enough of an indication :mad:

the pats always stockpile picks they never trade up

Yep, last season it was Branch (a 2nd round WR) for a 1st.

They deal from a position of strength.

Here is what happens when you deal from a position of weakness:

best CB in the league and a 2nd for a RB

1st round QB in Ramsey for a 6th

1st round WR in Gardner for a 6th

our highest paid safety in history for a 6th

Its not rocket-science, faulty roster management plus desperation to get anything in return equals getting bent over in trades.

When was the last time we managed to trade a mid-round player for a first round pick? I honestly can't remember.

With as much money as we have as an organization, we should be throwing money at the GMs of teams like the Patriots to come in and put us in a position of strength.

Yeah, right... we're going to get two number one picks and two more picks for #6. :rolleyes:

Uh, how about one overvalued OLB who won't be any better than Rocky McIntosh and the next to last first round pick, #31? Yep, that sounds more like our kind of trade. :doh:

Just shoot me.

Archived