Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kiper Big Board new

Skinsinparadise

... [CJ] is the best player available at any position from all reports and would be fantastic value at that spot. I would NOT however trade up to get him.

I agree with most of MartinC's post, with a slight variation on his last point about CJ. While it's hard not to make the obvious comparison (hmmm, Patten or CJ, CJ or Patten), despite the temptation to replace DP with CJ, I'd take a different approach. If CJ is there for us at #6 (which I'd highly doubt), I'd put a giant For Sale sign on Vinny's desk in the war room and entertain trades for 14 minutes, best offer wins.

The preferable result?

Only way we get an impact D'Lineman is picking in the first dozen or so picks. I'd be happy trading down to say around #10 and picking up Okoye, Carriker or Anderson.

And if that doesn't happen...

Having said all that if CJ falls to #6 I'd take him.

Would I be upset if we end up with our next, dare I say, Art Monk? What's not to like about "JC throws to CJ for six!" ?

I agree with most of MartinC's post, with a slight variation on his last point about CJ. While it's hard not to make the obvious comparison (hmmm, Patten or CJ, CJ or Patten), despite the temptation to replace DP with CJ, I'd take a different approach. If CJ is there for us at #6 (which I'd highly doubt), I'd put a giant For Sale sign on Vinny's desk in the war room and entertain trades for 14 minutes, best offer wins.

The preferable result?

And if that doesn't happen...

Would I be upset if we end up with our next, dare I say, Art Monk? What's not to like about "JC throws to CJ for six!" ?

In my opinion...

If CJ is there we draft him

If not, we trade down. Grubbs, Landry in the mid-late first round

You know, every 330+ lbs DT that has come through the draft has had that "lazy" tag thrown on them. Some elite DT in the NFL still have that stigma, i.e. Shawn Rogers and Kris Jenkins. But no one underestimates their impact on their respective defenses.

These guys are huge and there are limits to how much energy they can expend on every single play. Alan Branch is a space eater and is the single biggest reason why Michigan's run defense was the best in the country. Don't underestimate his potential effectiveness. He's not the penetrating high notor type of DT.

Stopping the run with the front 7 is crucial in GW's defense and Alan Branch as is would make a huge difference in goal line situations and obvious running downs. Addressing these short yardage situations will likey put next year's defense near the top again.

You know, every 330+ lbs DT that has come through the draft has had that "lazy" tag thrown on them. Some elite DT in the NFL still have that stigma, i.e. Shawn Rogers and Kris Jenkins. But no one underestimates their impact on their respective defenses.

These guys are huge and there are limits to how much energy they can expend on every single play. Alan Branch is a space eater and is the single biggest reason why Michigan's run defense was the best in the country. Don't underestimate his potential effectiveness. He's not the penetrating high notor type of DT.

Stopping the run with the front 7 is crucial in GW's defense and Alan Branch as is would make a huge difference in goal line situations and obvious running downs. Addressing these short yardage situations will likey put next year's defense near the top again.

So you want a run-stuffing DT that can"t cover on passing downs?.....waste of a first round pick to me, it seems.

Get a complete guy like Anderson or look for other positions.

So you want a run-stuffing DT that can"t cover on passing downs?.....waste of a first round pick to me, it seems.

Get a complete guy like Anderson or look for other positions.

Cover? Not sure what you mean here.

In terms of Jamal Anderson, I see him as very similar to our current DEs, Philip Daniels and Wynn and wouldn't add anything significant for next year. What positions are you looking to improve on exactly? Secondary? LBs?

If we do have a chance to get CJ then I would want to. I'll even go to the extent that we should trade up because I look at it like this. Is there a CB in this leauge that can cover him? NO. Not even Champ. He also can catch over double teams as I routinely saw him do at GT. He also makes mediocre qb's look pretty decent(see Reggie Ball). So basically I see him as a Touchdown machine and I would not want to face him on Sundays no matter what because there is nothing you can do against him.

Okay, I'm making my stand:

If Johnson drops to us, take him.

If he doesn't, then trade down (assuming someone Petersonish gets to us) and get Landry and a second-rounder or two.

Our line isn't perfect, but Carter IS coming along, I would like to see what Golston and Montgomery have, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm not exactly planning on preordering an XLII Champions shirt.

Cover? Not sure what you mean here.

In terms of Jamal Anderson, I see him as very similar to our current DEs, Philip Daniels and Wynn and wouldn't add anything significant for next year. What positions are you looking to improve on exactly? Secondary? LBs?

Anderson is alot better and alot younger than either of those 2, sorry. He'd be something that neither one of those guys are, a seriousl threat on passing downs, as well as very solid on running downs. The fact that he is more than a speed rusher is a good thing, not a bad thing.

Anderson is alot better and alot younger than either of those 2, sorry. He'd be something that neither one of those guys are, a seriousl threat on passing downs, as well as very solid on running downs. The fact that he is more than a speed rusher is a good thing, not a bad thing.

I like Anderson, don't get me wrong, but I think with the stregthening of the secondary this offseason the biggest area to address on the defense is the 4.5 ypc and 2197 total yard allowed, sixth most in the NFL.

Alan Branch would give an immediate boost to a big problem.

I've been saying all along trade up or trade down. I really don't want to stay at #6 if we can help it. I think you can get just as good d-line prospects later on in the first round. On the other hand you can move up and get the best player in the draft and that's CJ. So either move or move down just don't stay at #6! That's my rally cry, anyways. :D

First off,if CJ is there at #6,we will take him.Chances are he will be gone between #1 and #4.We know Tampa is high on Okoye,so they might trade back and that would hurt our pick.They also might pick him at 4 if CJ is gone.Somehow, the 6pick kinda stinks.Not high enough to get the top 5 and a lot of pressure if we stay where we are at.If Okoye goes to Tampa,then we will hold a good spot for trading back.If Atl wants LL,we couldn't trade back and get him.So to make a long story short,we have no idea what we could or will do until Oakland makes thier pick.I hope we can trade back.There is a lot of great talent at the top of this draft and it's not really anything we need. 2 QB's,3 LT's,2 RB's, 1 WR.Only Adams,Okoye and LL seem to be worth taking at 6.Well I guess i'm just rambling so...

The worst thing we could do is stay at #6 and draft Branch.

Anyone know why Anderson is dropping?

I'd still have no problem if we took him at 6, but my preference

is to trade back a few and still get him, Carriker, or some other DL

and gain an extra pick.

Archived