Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kiper Big Board new

Skinsinparadise

3/29 -- updated

Top 25 Big Board

1. Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech (6-4, 225) | previous: Same

He's not only a tremendous athlete, but he's a hard worker and very team oriented. Based on the needs of the Raiders and Lions, Johnson might not be the No. 1 overall pick, but he won't fall out of the top five.

2. Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin (6-6½, 313) | previous: Same

Huge, quick and athletic with a long wingspan.

3. Adrian Peterson, Oklahoma (6-1½, 218) | previous: Same

The most talented running back in the draft with an excellent burst to the outside for his size. The concern with Peterson is his durability.

4. JaMarcus Russell (6-6, 260) | previous: Same

Big, strong signal caller with a powerful arm, and his decision-making improved significantly in 2006.

5. Brady Quinn, Notre Dame (6-3½, 225) | previous: Same

Poised, smart and at his best in pressure situations. Quinn did throw two interceptions in the Sugar Bowl after throwing just one INT in his previous eight games.

6. LaRon Landry, DB, LSU (6-1½, 205) | previous: Same

Four-year starter who has proven to be Mr. Reliable throughout his career.

7. Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville (6-1½, 298) | previous: Same

A four-year veteran, and he is only 19 years old. Okoye is quick and explosive and goes all-out on every play. He is not only good at eating up space but also gets good penetration into the backfield.

8. Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson (6-4½, 260) | previous: Same

Flashes dominating ability with his athleticism and quickness. Adams led the Tigers with 10½ sacks and 15½ tackles for loss.

9. Leon Hall, CB, Michigan (5-11, 193) | previous: Same

Tough customer who also shows very good anticipation and awareness in coverage.

10. Ted Ginn*, WR, Ohio State (5-11, 175) | previous: 22

Takes a backseat to no one in the speed department, brings a big-play dimension to the wide receiver position and also the return game.

11. Greg Olsen, TE (6-5, 254) | previous: 12

His performance at the combine should move Olsen up to the middle of the first round. Great hands and very athletic, Olsen reminds me of Baltimore Ravens tight end Todd Heap.

12. Levi Brown, OT, Penn St. (6-4½, 325) | previous: 10

Steady and reliable at protecting the quarterback's blind side.

13. Joe Staley, OT, Central Michigan (6-5½, 300) | previous: 21

He's a former tight end who has developed into a natural left tackle. Staley brings incredible footwork, athleticism and agility to the position.

14. Dwayne Jarrett, USC (6-4, 210) | previous: 11

Has the size and natural receiving skills to create mismatches against smaller cornerbacks. Jarrett also has better quickness out of his break than people give him credit for.

15. Patrick Willis, LB, Mississippi (6-2, 235) | previous: 17

Tackling machine with great football sense. Willis lead the Rebels with 137 tackles (87 solo).

16. Jamaal Anderson*, DE, Arkansas (6-5, 270) | previous: 13

A gifted athlete who is coming off an exceptional 2006 season. Anderson is a complete player, equally solid against the run and as a pass rusher.

17. Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska (6-6, 298) | previous: 14

You don't see many defensive ends carrying 300 pounds who can move as well as Carriker.

18. Justin Harrell, DT, Tennessee (6-4 ¼, 302) | previous: 16

Prior to going down with a season-ending injury (torn biceps), Harrell was performing at the level you would expect from a first-round draft pick.

19. Dwayne Bowe, WR, LSU (6-2, 217) | previous: 15

Big and productive, Bowe runs excellent routes and has the toughness to catch the ball in traffic.

20. Marshawn Lynch, (5-11, 224) | previous: 15

Complete big back, right on the heels of Adrian Peterson when it comes to who will be the top RB in the draft.

21. Ben Grubbs, OG, Auburn (6-3, 300) | previous: 18

A versatile athlete who started his career at defensive tackle and then shifted to tight end. Grubbs brings a great deal of athletic ability to the interior of the offensive line.

22. Steve Smith, WR, USC (5-11½, 198) | previous: 17

Sure-haneded and faster than advertised at the combine (4.44 40-yard dash). Smith is one of the best receivers at doing damage after the catch.

23. Robert Meachem WR, Tennessee (6-2½, 210) | previous: Unranked

Came through with a number of highlight-film plays in 2006. Meachem's stock has been on the rise leading up to the draft.

24. Jarvis Moss*, DE, Florida (6-5, 250) | previous: Unranked

Speed rusher who is also excellent in pursuit, using his lateral quickness to chase down running plays before they can amount to anything.

25. Paul Posluszny, LB, Penn St. (6-1½, 235) | previous: Unranked

A productive and consistent player who studies and prepares as thoroughly as anybody.

Dropped

Ryan Kalil, C, USC (6-3, 285) | previous: 23

Game improved dramatically thanks in part to facing great competition in practice.

Eric Weddle, DB, Utah (5-11¼, 205) | previous: 24

Makes his debut on the Big Board after a standout senior season for the Utes. An incredibly intelligent player, Weddle has the versatility to play either cornerback or safety.

Lawrence Timmons*, LB, Florida St. (6-2¼, 233) | previous: 25

Moves right to the top of a very subpar linebacking group, particularly from the senior class. Timmons' production and consistency from game to game are what jumps out at you.

I'm a big fan of Harrell from Ten. He's a big DT who has a lot of heart. If he didn't get hurt this year, he might have been the #1 DL taken in the draft. Good news for us if we can find a player at 15-20 and pick up a 2nd or 3rd rounder with it.

I am 100% against drafting branch, as i said earlier in this thread. Everyone agrees that his weakness is his lack of work ethic and that they can change that. Well, if you guys didnt notice, we need help now, not 2-3 years down the road. I really think Adams and Okoye can come in and have an immediate impact on this defense.

Somehow, the 6pick kinda stinks.Not high enough to get the top 5 and a lot of pressure if we stay where we are at.If Okoye goes to Tampa,then we will hold a good spot for trading back.
My thoughts exactly. I think everyone on this board thinks 'trading down' is a guaranteed option, but if the top 5 (Russell, Quinn, Peterson, Thomas, and that other guy) go in the top 5 as expected, our #6 isn't exactly worth trading up for.

Who would trade up to get our spot and why? I hope we trade down too, but unless one of the Big 5 drops, I just don't see it happening.

Thanks SkinsInParadise for the list, by the way.

7. Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville (6-1½, 298) | previous: Same

A four-year veteran, and he is only 19 years old. Okoye is quick and explosive and goes all-out on every play. He is not only good at eating up space but also gets good penetration into the backfield.

I still say if we stay at six this is our guy. Sounds perfect young, eats up space and penetrates into the backfield.

I've always kind of liked Okoye over Branch. Early on he was slighted some for his size (he's not the heaviest DT out there but he's big enough already) but he's only 19. He could still grow another inch or two and naturally develop an already solid frame just by aging. College degree at 19 and a big dude that can move and might still grow? If Okoye is there I say we take him.

Okoye 9th grade age 12 playing time at UL 16 starter not to long after. Big enough to play DT can lose some weight to play DE. Obviously quick learner so moving him to DE wouldnt be that big a deal for him. He is multi position player so that's why I feel he is the best DL option. If we don't take CJ I say take Okoye. If we can't move from #6.

Maybe Alan Branch will be there at #31?....Him and Anderson seem to be falling down the boards rather quickly....

They are falling rather quickly, but I don't see Branch falling that far. I really think Okoye is the best option at 6, after all he's "super smart" and has nothing but upside at 19 years of age

For some odd reason I am starting to like Gaines alot more approaching the draft...he just seems to be a playmaker. However I really hope we roll the dice and trade down a couple notches...at #6 I would be most happy with Okoye or Adams but I think the best scenario for us would be a trade down.

I think there'd be just as much value at the 9-12 picks in the draft as there are at 6. If the skins could trade down I think they'd still get one of the D-lineman: Okoye, Adams, Anderson or Branch.

How does Kipers board fluctuate so much? Wasnt Anderson in the top five a month ago. Kiper watches these players all year, why is it he sees them as top five when theyre playing but three months after theyre last game theyve just not as good?

Archived