Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs at GT pro day

lavar1156

Yeah although we have bigger needs . . . it sure would be hard to pass on a talent like this. A player of his caliber comes around only so often.

Now if some offers a Ricky Williams type deal in a trade up for Calvin Johnson, we would be stupid not to take it

Depending on the deal of course would determine the course of action

But for those who have seen Johnson play several times, you realize what a special talent he is and how amazing it is what he did with a subpar QB and playing against very good ACC defenses

Now if some offers a Ricky Williams type deal in a trade up for Calvin Johnson, we would be stupid not to take it

Depending on the deal of course would determine the course of action

But for those who have seen Johnson play several times, you realize what a special talent he is and how amazing it is what he did with a subpar QB and playing against very good ACC defenses

Yeah I can't even imagine what kind of numbers he would've put up if he had a better quarterback than Reggie Ball . . . it's scary to think about it.

IF he were to fall to us, I don't see how we could pass on him. He is a red zone threat. He is a deep threat. He is a possesion guy. He can move the chains. And he seems to be a great character guy.

I am one who has said this whole offseason that if Calvin Johnson is there you have to take him

6-5, 239, runs a 4.3 40, has great hands, great character, great work ethic

JC would have a big target for the next 10 years, and this offense would be incredibly deadly

I agree with you with one exception: You must listen to trade offers. Calvin Johnson is worth, at least, a 1st and a 2nd from this year. In reality, I think we should ask for a 1st and 2nd this year and a 1st next year (but settle for a 2nd).

I agree with you with one exception: You must listen to trade offers. Calvin Johnson is worth, at least, a 1st and a 2nd from this year. In reality, I think we should ask for a 1st and 2nd this year and a 1st next year (but settle for a 2nd).

I understand your point, but if somehow CJ was sitting there at 6 we better get a lot more than simply a 1st and 2nd for him...if that's all that is offered up we take him ourselves. I'm in agreement we should get at least that this year and then something next too.

Absolutley

Which I talk about ;)

If CJ is at the pick, there will be trade offers

And if the FO plays it smart, there will be some BIG TIME trade offers

However, if he was at that pick, I hope we would make a strong consideration to pick him

He will be that good

CJ is sooooo good that I almost want to support the idea of trading up to get him like swapping ones throwing in B lloyd and then whatever future picks it would take, but it is very dumb to trade up for a player that is not in a position of need when you have several, he isnt even on the same side of the ball that all of our needs our on. The only way its possible is if quinn goes to the lions and the browns still think they need a RB and take peterson and the bucs pick up Joe Thomas, AND nobody trades up before us to get him. IF the first two happened the cards would prolly trade up and swap the 4 and 5 becuase everyone is saying they want Joe Thomas really badly. Im giving us a .00001% chance of landing CJ but I would be VERY happy if we did, we can fix teh D next year.

Trade up for this guy! I've been saying for MONTHS that CJ is a once in a decade talent!

I agree 100%.

I can't even imagine what the tandom of johnson and moss could do for us.

With the running threat of portis and betts, the play action would be insane.

Throw el in the mix with the gadget plays.....

ooooo weeeeee i'd say wed be a contender.

Anyone read the news about a possible trade with the Raiders for their 1st Round? I hope its not true. The link is on yahoo and it concerns a possible trading of Jason Campbell. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtGVH4lqhJq5W1FRZySJwNtDubYF?slug=cr-russell031407&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

JLC shot that down today, saying those he talked with at Redskin Park said they were not interested in Russell,and if anything they would trade down

Sorry for being a Johnny-come-lately on this, but is there any real chance that he is still available at number six?

Extremely doubtful, but if he is, I see us making a trade instead of picking him. I think he is going to be a great player and would love to have him, but we have other glaring weaknesses that we need to fill. Picking up some extra picks would definitely help up with some depth problems we have had in the last few years. Wide receiver is one of the positions that we are pretty darn solid at.

All of that being said, I really do not think he is going to be around at #6.

Archived