Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs at GT pro day

lavar1156

It is truly significant that DS and Gibbs both attended the Calvin Johnson workout yesterday at GT. I can't remember when ... if ever ... Snyder went to one ... apparntly Snyder and Gibbs agree that getting a No. 2 receiver of the likes of CJ is even more important than the defensive needs at this point. My faith has been confirmed.

Dont forget to mention, Al Saunders was there, Jack Burns was there and good ol Vinny was present also.

Say what you want, but i really don't think the whole damn offensive staff would have gone down there if they weren't seriously looking at this guy. He is a physical specimen and maybe their thought process is if we can outscore people with a lineup of

JC

Portis/Betts

Moss

Johnson

ARE

Cooley

then maybe if our defense can play up to 80% of what it was 2 years ago with essentially the same players as 2 years ago we might be ok. I dont see them trading up but if he's available at 4 is it out of the realm of possibility that we may have something Tampa wants?

I dont even understand why we would be at his proday, I hope that this is to scare some teams that sit behind us. On draft day if CJ is still on the board at 6 and some other teams might be scared that we would take him and would sell the barn to get him. We have Santana, Randle el, Cooley, and Lloyd. Our receivers are fine. We need D help. I wouldn't even mind if the FO suprises everyone and drafts LaRon Landry. (that is why we were at LSU proday, not for Jamarcus)

I have always been under the impression that you take the best player available when you pick. If we took CJ, I would not be upset, I know we would have too many recievers, but he is going to be a HOF caliber player. I still wouldn't mind to trade down.

its stupid posts like this that drive me nuts. hes a hall of fame caliber player???? THE DUDE HASNT PLAYED A DOWN YET!!!! thank god its friday or id be ripping my own face off at this point.

Brando ... take a break ... go shopping at the mall or something ... if I told you a month ago that the entire FO including the owner of the Skins would go to CJ's "workout" as if it were a religious pilgrimage ... you would have told me I was insane. I wasn't and I'm not ... the Skins want CJ and want him bad ... Dan is on the case. Get used to it.

Brando ... take a break ... go shopping at the mall or something ... if I told you a month ago that the entire FO including the owner of the Skins would go to CJ's "workout" as if it were a religious pilgrimage ... you would have told me I was insane. I wasn't and I'm not ... the Skins want CJ and want him bad ... Dan is on the case. Get used to it.

ill bump your post when we see him in a bucs uniform next year in tampa...........again.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/news/story?id=2800281

The more I think about it the more I wouldn't mind seeing Calvin Johnson in burgundy and gold. A player of this caliber doesnt come around very often.

No offense to you, but it doesn't matter if a bunch of fans on ExtremeSkins want Calvin Johnson in B&G.

We have absolutely zero chance of landing him at #6 after his pro day. Unless JG wants him in the B&G, he will likely go to one of the teams in the top 3 or 4.

:2cents:

U always take the best player (athlete) on the board regardless of your position needs

so i guess if peterson or one of the QBs falls to us, we take them too correct? funny thing is, not a single poster on this entire board has talked about the posibilities of one of the other bigtime players falling to us, only mancrush love affair already in the hall of fame Calvin Johnson. you dont take the best player available, thats stupid if you already have a great player at that position.

Are you kidding Brando ... CJ will never last til 4 ... the Bucs will never get close to him unless they enter the trade-up auction which they won't. Only a crazy man will trade up to 1 or 2 where it will have to be to have a shot at CJ ... thank the Lord the Skins' owner qualifies .... Listen to Fakeman!

Are you kidding Brando ... CJ will never last til 4 ... the Bucs will never get close to him unless they enter the trade-up auction which they won't. Only a crazy man will trade up to 1 or 2 where it will have to be to have a shot at CJ ... thank the Lord the Skins' owner qualifies .... Listen to Fakeman!

if the raiders do in fact trade moss to the packers for rodgers and a draft pick, expect to see CJ in the black and grey.

so i guess if peterson or one of the QBs falls to us, we take them too correct? funny thing is, not a single poster on this entire board has talked about the posibilities of one of the other bigtime players falling to us, only mancrush love affair already in the hall of fame Calvin Johnson. you dont take the best player available, thats stupid if you already have a great player at that position.

Santana Moss is a great player? Or has one or two great games a year?

.....................own3d.

Not so Brando ... I've been advocating that if Peterson falls to 6 ... which is likely given the CJ situation ... the Skins should trade one of their top backs (I won't mention any names) and grab him ... but I don't see the Skins staying at 6 ... they wuill move up to get their man!

If he is still there at 6 I think that we should trade down. I know that a lot of you say take the best player. I agree with that to a point. our D line needs a lot of help. We should be able to get some realy good offers if CJ where to still be on the board we could take care of a lot of needs on that weak D line.

without D line help in a large magnitude - our team will remain mediocre...

count on it.

19 sacks and one of the worst against the rush - wow... let's get a WR - that's what we need right now

teams were running over us - we move up the safeties to stop the run - boom - passing attack begins

we blitz to stop the pass and they run away from it - boom - big runs or slant passes that turn into big plays because they threw into the void caused by the blitz that happened because we could not generate a pass rush with our front four

we can't cover tight ends because our linebackers are having to come up and stop the run and the safeties are having to play up as well

since we lost most of our Dline in the early nineties this team has gone downhill - not the only reason but one of the main ones. Without solid line play on both sides of the line the rest of the skill players suffer

If you don't have an OLine - you can't run or pass block right? (look at the Texans)

If you don't have a Dline - you can't rush the passer or stop the run (look at the Skins)

Now - look at the teams who are competing for playoff spots all the time - they built up from the lines and keep them together. Where was some of the biggest money spent in the last two years? OLine and Dline free agents.

Look at all the busts in WR from the last three drafts alone... tons of 'em.

Trade down a few spots - pick up a BIG DT in the middle to help put pressure up the middle, demanding double teams and helping out the ends by keeping them from being double teamed.

We won't have a chance at CJ, Quinn, Peterson or Jamarcus. I don't believe we will trade up for any of them. The moves we are making seem to dictate defensive moves - primarily DLine. Thank God.

Ok, first off, there is no way Calvin Johnson gets to number 6. Heck, I would be shocked if Matt Millen can keep himself from running up to the podium to draft him at number 2 :D

Second, this is a BRILLIANT move by Gibbs. He went to watch CJ. He knew full well that Snyder would go see him, so Gibbs went and scouted him separately. Why, you ask? Because the rest of the NFL thinks we're crazy. Just crazy enough to draft CJ even though we have needs at defensive line.

What does this mean? It means that the pressure is on whomever wants to trade with us and get Calvin Johnson. Means a 1st and 2nd rounder :D

And personally, I would be fine with the Skins taking Calvin Johnson. Randel El and Loyd will be out of here within 2 or 3 years as cap casualties. Calvin Johnson would give Jason Campbell a number one receiver for the next 10 years :applause:

Archived