Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs at GT pro day

lavar1156

ive been watching football for awhile, but i only started really paying close attention halfway through 04.

and dont you think if gibbs valued a tall receiver, like he had in monk, he'd go out and try and get one?

They do not come on the market . Teams lock up the tall WRs with speed. The only guy we could of had was TO. But he is a cancer.

Height and speed can not be taught. And both are huge advantages.

They do not come on the market . Teams lock up the tall WRs with speed. The only guy we could of had was TO. But he is a cancer.

Yah - just look at Peppers. I love it when Carolina throws him the ball in Red Zone situations - he is completely, hands-down, unmatched.

Why they do not use ST in that situation - is beyond me. Remember when he out-jumped Randy Moss in the center of the field? He had 6 inches on him...easy.

and all you guys begging for this tall receiver to just air it out to, thats what the giants thought when they got plaxico and eli. and eli still sucks because you cant just heave the ball and hope the guy catches it. he wont be playing college with DBs that blow monkeys. and on a side note, i dont think CJ matched up with anybody worthy of actually defending against him. why dont we wait and see how he does matched up with good CBs and see what hes like then instead of crowning him king because he torched 4 defenders at some podunk school who's playbook now is the value chart at mcdonalds.

Calvin Johnson is not just another tall WR, name another WR in thats 6'5" and can run a faster 40 time

um, i find it insanely impossible to believe that joe and danny havent been able to find a tall receiver in the 3 years gibbs has been back. horrid excuse, please find another that makes more sense.

and we could have signed drew bennet, hes 6-5, proven he can put up solid numbers, and we didnt make a play for him at all.

um, i find it insanely impossible to believe that joe and danny havent been able to find a tall receiver in the 3 years gibbs has been back. horrid excuse, please find another that makes more sense.

and we could have signed drew bennet, hes 6-5, proven he can put up solid numbers, and we didnt make a play for him at all.

I said a tall WR with speed/ I know this is a message board. But seriously you need to watch football for more than 2 1/2 to understand it.

I am not saying you have to have a tall WR. But it helps. I do not understand what you are trying to debate.

We cannot escape our destiny.

what gibbs needs to do, is go to africa, and find one of these guys thats like 7'8, bring him here and bulk him up, and have him learn how to catch. thats it, he doesnt need to learn moves or routes, he can go on the same route every time, and we can throw to the sidelines, that way he wont get hit. no one will out jump him, and he'll be a monster 3rd down threat.

you guys have seen The Air Up There right? just like that. haha

I said a tall WR with speed/ I know this is a message board. But seriously you need to watch football for more than 2 1/2 to understand it.

I am not saying you have to have a tall WR. But it helps. I do not understand what you are trying to debate.

i am trying to debate that you dont need a very tall receiver to have a complete offense. we have short speedy receivers, a tall TE and a tall FB all capable of catching the ball. this whole red zone threat nonsense is stupid because we have 2 guys at 6'3 capable of catching the ball in the redzone. i dont remember mike sellers getting double teamed when he caught 7 TD passes in the redzone.

me watching football for 2 seconds or 20 years has nothing to do with the fact that calvin johnson is not something this team needs right now. as much as you guys would like to think hes the missing piece, hes not at all.

Calvin Johnson is not just another tall WR, name another WR in thats 6'5" and can run a faster 40 time

What was 40 time for Randy Moss? I see CJ's early career shaping up much like Moss' did (without the attitude problems and distractions).

i am trying to debate that you dont need a very tall receiver to have a complete offense. we have short speedy receivers, a tall TE and a tall FB all capable of catching the ball. this whole red zone threat nonsense is stupid because we have 2 guys at 6'3 capable of catching the ball in the redzone.

imagine having Calvin Johnson one side and Moss on the other, a nightmare for any team's secondary. this would make it a lot harder for teams to blitz Campbell IMO

imagine having Calvin Johnson one side and Moss on the other, a nightmare for any team's secondary. this would make it a lot harder for teams to blitz Campbell IMO

imagine having the entire NFC pro bowl team be the washington redskins.

how about imagine our defense not giving up 600 yards a game, thats something id like to imagine.

how about imagine our defense not giving up 600 yards a game, thats something id like to imagine.

Image...playing Madden 2008...with CJ...and Moss...to throw to...and then handing off to Portis...spelling the back...with Betts...and then when they least expect it...hitting up your boy Cooley...

I would say that you're a dreamer,

But you're not the only one...

:dallasuck

Image...playing Madden 2008...with CJ...and Moss...to throw to...and then handing off to Portis...spelling the back...with Betts...and then when they least expect it...hitting up your boy Cooley...

i play with the jaguars, they already have the tallest receiving corp in football if im not mistaken haha.

besides, as much as i hate saying it taylor/jones-drew > portis/betts

i play with the jaguars, they already have the tallest receiving corp in football if im not mistaken haha.

besides, as much as i hate saying it taylor/jones-drew > portis/betts

just shows you that you dont know how to play madden:doh:.. who doesn't play with the redskins

just shows you that you dont know how to play madden:doh:.. who doesn't play with the redskins

I rape people with the Redskins...but I will say...Campbell is either HOT...or COLD...

Santana destroys people...as does Sean Taylor.

Hint: Use S Taylor as your "2nd" KR...whereas he is the lead blocker for Santana...use him to open lanes...

i cant play with campbell or brunell, both are so slow that if you play anyone whos any good and they bring a blitz of any kind (or if you play a team with sick ends peppers/freeny you get pwned). i like using the jags cause no one else uses them, they have a solid D, i run the ball 70% of the time, and taylor/jones/jonesdrew are a nasty combo.

I rape people with the Redskins...but I will say...Campbell is either HOT...or COLD...

Santana destroys people...as does Sean Taylor.

Hint: Use S Taylor as your "2nd" KR...whereas he is the lead blocker for Santana...use him to open lanes...

then xbox does it differently than PS3, because the teams get updated based on their performances, and moss dropped from a 99 the day i got the game, to an 89, which is just solid, nothing awesome. the 5-11 redskins represented on xbox are a tough team to play with.

and would drafting Branch or DE really change the defense that much? None of the top DTs or DEs could step in right away and contribute at their positions like CJ IMO

You know you guys are going to be kicking yourself when CJ gets drafted by one of our NFC East rivals.

Would you want CJ to be a Dallas Cowpuke?

Would you want CJ to be a Philadelphia Pheagle?

Would you want CJ to be a New York Midget?

I certainly don't he should be in Burgundy and gold. We must try to get CJ if we can. Defense can wait one more year.

You know you guys are going to be kicking yourself when CJ gets drafted by one of our NFC East rivals.

I certainly don't he should be in Burgundy and gold. We must try to get CJ if we can. Defense can wait one more year.

he will be gone long before we draft

IF he falls to us we wave him around like a carnival barker and pick and choose who we want to trade with.

Step right up! Everyone's a winner, folks!

~Bang

Archived