Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Red Meat Price Alert

Mark The Homer

Dude, I was at Sam's Club this afternoon, and you can't imagine my shock when I saw whole tenderloins going for $9.94 a pound. I haven't seen prices below $12 in at least six months, maybe a year. I've seen them as high as $17 recently. But $9.94?

Then I saw whole rib roasts going for $5.64 a pound. $5.64??? $5.64. Not a typo. Choice grade. Yeah, rib roasts. You know, Delmonico? Rib Eye? Whatever you want to call it. Hell, at that price, they may as well just give them away. Needless to say, I bought one of each. I might go back tomorrow and get some more. If you have a big freezer, you might think about heading out there. Like today. These prices won't last with energy prices headed north.

I thought you liked Tartare ? :(

I love tartare. But its one of those things that I eat knowing that I will physically pay for it later. I have no idea of why, but all forms of red meat make me incredibly sick. Like poop/projectile vomit sick.

So, as much as I love it, I eat it very sparingly.

I'm in Vegas at PMA and one of our vendors brought us In N Out Burgers, fries and shakes for lunch today. I kept hearing about how I had to try a burger because it was so good. The burger was so yummy, but it made me sick. :(

I love tartare. But its one of those things that I eat knowing that I will physically pay for it later. I have no idea of why, but all forms of red meat make me incredibly sick. Like poop/projectile vomit sick.

So, as much as I love it, I eat it very sparingly.

I'm in Vegas at PMA and one of our vendors brought us In N Out Burgers, fries and shakes for lunch today. I kept hearing about how I had to try a burger because it was so good. The burger was so yummy, but it made me sick. :(

If it's been like that your whole life, you may have a severe allergy to something that is in the meat. Or you could have IBS, and red meat is what sets it off.

If it hasn't been with you your whole life, then it could be your colon is acting up for whatever reason.

That sucks about getting sick off In N Out. That's far and away my favorite fast food burger. Anytime I go to San Diego to visit my brother I eat there at least three times.

Guest sk1nzHEAD
Red meat makes me sick. Yes, literally sick. No burgers, kabobs or steaks for me.

:(

I'm allergic to poultry :(

red meats all I got!! (and pork)

If it's been like that your whole life, you may have a severe allergy to something that is in the meat. Or you could have IBS, and red meat is what sets it off.

If it hasn't been with you your whole life, then it could be your colon is acting up for whatever reason.

That sucks about getting sick off In N Out. That's far and away my favorite fast food burger. Anytime I go to San Diego to visit my brother I eat there at least three times.

Fortunately I've been able to enjoy steaks up until the last year or so. Now I just can't eat it. :(

This whole IBS and food allergy theory is scaring me. Its strange how you can go your whole life eating everything that you want and then one day things change and you have to eliminate it.

In N Out is yummy. I had a double with onions and cheese and it exceeded my expectations. I just know that I can't have anymore of it.

I don't buy meat that often (and thus don't have a general baseline price to compare), but I'm pretty sure the the store I work at routinely has sale prices that even beat those prices...and they custom cut them for you. Its a little hike for you (Clinton, Waldorf, Prince Frederick), but if other people are looking for some high quality meats, its definitely worth it. ;)

nicksofclinton.com

That's a lot of dead cow flesh. What's that thing with the Japanese writing?
Oh. Uh, that's just a mayonnaise wrapper. In another thread I mentioned I was researching the most delicious mayonnaise in the world. I found it. It's called Kewpie Mayonnaise. They sell it at the Lotte Market asian store in Aspen Hill, and also Maruichi Market on Rockville Pike. I strongly recommend it.

Oh. Uh, that's just a mayonnaise wrapper. In another thread I mentioned I was researching the most delicious mayonnaise in the world. I found it. It's called Kewpie Mayonnaise. They sell it at the Lotte Market asian store in Aspen Hill, and also Maruichi Market on Rockville Pike. I strongly recommend it.

Huh. Looks like fantastic mayo. Too bad all those people who have turned 101 can't eat it anymore.

:hungry:

I have heard that meat prices are going to be going up in the future due to an increase in price of corn (which cow feed is cheifly made from). The demand for corn is going to increase as the US turns to ethanol (made from corn) as an alternative energy source.

So eat up.

:hungry:

I have heard that meat prices are going to be going up in the future due to an increase in price of corn (which cow feed is cheifly made from). The demand for corn is going to increase as the US turns to ethanol (made from corn) as an alternative energy source.

So eat up.

PleaseBlitz, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the situation is much more dire than you have conveyed. Not only with the price of beef and corn go up, but also....

....not to mention, Pop-Corn, Corn-Dogs, Corn-Bread, Creamed Corn, Cornish Hens, Corn-row hair braids, Corny Jokes like this.....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived