Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bills could try to move up to #5 or #6 (draft)

Bizkiteer

Completely forgot about that. If for some strange reason the Browns don't take Peterson, look for the Bills to reel and deal.

I'd think that the Browns would be looking for a QB? Especially after getting Lewis from the Ravens. He's probably got them convinced that he can be a primary back for at least one more year.

I'd think that the Browns would be looking for a QB? Especially after getting Lewis from the Ravens. He's probably got them convinced that he can be a primary back for at least one more year.

browns wont draft a qb that high with a coach on the hot seat

browns wont draft a qb that high with a coach on the hot seat

I dunno about that dude. Alot of the criticism on Romeo Crennel came from the QB problems with Charlie Frye and Derrick Anderson. Considering that Brady Quinn is a Cleaveland native, I could forsee them drafting him. If Quinn turned out to be a huge success, he could easily save Crennel's job.

I would like the trade, our 6 for thier 12 and 43.

would anyone do our #6, a 4th round next year and Betts for their 1st 2nd & one of their 3rd roundersthis year?

That would drop us 6 spots inthe first give us 2 other day 1 picks, and only cost Betts and a 3rd rounder next year (do we even have one or is that Denvers now?)

Buffalo moves up 6 spots, and can still get a back or a better player than they would at 12, Betts as their starting or backup RB, a 3rd round pick next year and only gives up a 2nd round ths year and still has 3rd round pick from Baltimore. In a sense, they get a higher pick, and Betts for their lower pick and a 2nd rounder.

Marv Levy and the Buffalo front office are the only people in the NFL Vinnie is capable of fleecing. This is the best trade partner out there and that #12 and #43 for #6 scenario is about the most desirable offer I have heard. Problem is, I don't think Petersen lasts until #6.

How is the 12 and 43 for 6 a fleecing? Based on ex ante analysis, its about even. Of course, it doesn't really matter what they give up. If they get a stud and we get a bust, they could be giving us their 1, 2 and 3, and in the end, everybody will say we got hosed. Conversely, we trade for their first and just their third but find a stud and a solid player while they get a bust, everyone will be saying we fleeced them. But all that would be analyzing an ex post situation, so saying anyone is fleecing anyone given the proposal is meaningless.

Sounds like a good deal but I still think the Browns might take Peterson I really dont think Jamal Lewis is the answer to their running back position but if they decided to take Brady Quinn things could get very interesting because I don't think Tampa Bay or Arizona would take Peterson.I think we're in a really good position with the sixth pick. I really think we will trade down its gonna be very interesting on draft day.

I wonder whether if any "prime" DTs and DEs would still be left at #12 and #43. At #12, what decent top-tier talent would be left? ...LaRon Landry?

After suffering through this last season, I really feel the fans should be able to expect one elite player coming to Washington-- not a package of 2nd-tier candidates who will take time developing.

So if the well of prime DTs and DEs seems to be running dry at #12 -- I'd take a hot prospect at safety or cornerback, before settling for the 'leavings' at the D-line (most likely Carricker, and second-rounders).

I dont really like a trade with the Bills unless we package pieces to move back up. From all the info I've read, it seems as if the Cards (if Thomas is gone), the Vikes, the Dolphins, and the Niners all at bare minimum would seriously consider going DL with their picks. Even Cleveland and Detroit might do so. With that understood the only guy whose got a better than 50/50 shot of being there at 12 in my view is Carricker and he's the guy I like THE LEAST among Okoye, Branch, Carricker and of course Adams and Anderson. I do not want to come away from a miserable season like we did, and only get Carricker for our trouble. I don't see him as a high upside guy. I doubt he'll be a big time bust, but Im seriously doubtful of him ever being any better than average-above average. I'd much rather get Okoye, or Adams or Anderson or Branch. To me the furthest back we can pick is 10th w/o taking a massive risk of losing out on all four (and that presupposes that a max of only one of them is gone by the sixth pick). Trading down to 12 is a non-starter in my view unless we trade back up and I hope the team feels the same way.

If we're picking 12 or below, I don't understand why someone wouldn't be content with Carriker. He may not have the "wow" factor or the ceiling of the other lineman, but he also is the least likely to bust. There's something to be said for that when you look at a draft like this:

http://www.drafthistory.com/years/2003.html

Carriker is at worst, an Aaron Smith type (Pittsburgh). I'll take that plus a few picks.

Funny how 10 people will say Carriker will be a bust and want Adams. Then another 10 will say Adams is a bust and want Anderson. Then 10 more will say Anderson is a bust and want Branch and then those 10 will say Branch is a bust and want Okoye. And so on and so on. If they all were supposed busts, the NFL, the scouts, the media and the draft experts wouldn't have them rated so high. It's basically up to the player to make himself great or a bust. Not anyone else.

Adam Carriker is not rated that high. but yes - your point is taken.

If we're picking 12 or below, I don't understand why someone wouldn't be content with Carriker. He may not have the "wow" factor or the ceiling of the other lineman, but he also is the least likely to bust. There's something to be said for that when you look at a draft like this:

http://www.drafthistory.com/years/2003.html

Carriker is at worst, an Aaron Smith type (Pittsburgh). I'll take that plus a few picks.

More like at best an Aaron Smith type, which is a good thing - FOR A 3-4 D-End.

He is TOO small to play DT, and doesn't have the explosiveness off the edge to do anything but take up blockers for 3-4 linebackers.

The scouting services for Sporting NewsWarroom (which I have found to be the best over the last few years) say this about Mr. Carriker:

Adam Carriker

DE, Nebraska War Room analysis

Strengths: Is tough and competitive. Plays with knees bent and uses hands to lock on offensive linemen, get arm extension and hold ground at the point of attack. Shows the speed to chase down running backs when unblocked on the backside. Works hard to make tackles downfield. Shows quick hands to beat offensive linemen with arm-over moves. Showed a variety of pass-rush moves in one-on-one drills at the Senior Bowl. Has ideal size for both strongside 4-3 end and either 3-4 end.

Weaknesses: Lacks explosiveness off the snap to threaten the corner as a speed rusher. Doesn't redirect quickly, hindering ability to move through traffic. Doesn't use hands well to protect legs from cut blocks. Is tall, hindering his ability to get low and shed blocks. Bites on play-action fakes, allowing quarterbacks to roll around him and throw to tight ends.

Bottom line: Carriker, as an end/tackle 'tweener, is a tough prospect to grade. As a limited athlete and playmaker, he is a second- or third-round value for a 3-4 team needing an end. He has just enough athleticism, arm length and drive to work well as a 4-3 two-gap tackle; if a team projects him there, his talent is more like a fifth-rounder.

If we were to get a strong side DE I'd want Anderson or C. Johnson, or

V. Abiamiri, all drafted at their respective draft values not just wherever we are.

The scouting services for Sporting NewsWarroom (which I have found to be the best over the last few years) say this about Mr. Carriker:

No offense dude but that is an absurd analysis. I'd bet my left nut that he doesn't fall out of the top 20. Players that dominate at the Senior Bowl almost always go on to make solid pros.

And BTW, Sporting News is the rag of rags and IMO one the worst draft resources out there. You want a quality draft guide - pick up profootball weekly. Far and away the most comprehensive and accurate resource available.

Quinn will go to cleveland. Crennel knows more about Quinn than anyone else. Hell Weiss prolly been preparing him in clevelands O for the past couple years. Write it down. A.peterson or CJ will be there at 6 guaranteed. I predict we will move down a couple of slots with the texans. Then at 8 we will re evaluate, and possibly drop a few more slots to acquire more picks between rounds 2 and 3.

Quinn will go to cleveland. Crennel knows more about Quinn than anyone else. Hell Weiss prolly been preparing him in clevelands O for the past couple years. Write it down. A.peterson or CJ will be there at 6 guaranteed. I predict we will move down a couple of slots with the texans. Then at 8 we will re evaluate, and possibly drop a few more slots to acquire more picks between rounds 2 and 3.

CJ will not get past TB. If Cleveland takes Quinn, Peterson will drop to us at #6 (trade with Buffalo). If Quinn slips to #6 (trade with Houston, Miami, Minnesota).

TB has 5 QB's on the roster, They already have a TB in Cadillac. They have a 35 yr old reciever (Galloway), a soon to be 30 yr old WR with a steroid/injury problems (Boston), an underacheiver (Hillard) and injury prone (Michael Clayton). CJ is a no brainer here. And no, they won't take a D-linement IMO as there are too many question marks about the high rated one's already. If we are questioning taking Adams, Branch or Anderson at #6, TB won't even look at them at #4.

As you CJ lovers say, he's a no brainer and I think TB scoops him up.

I would actually think about trading for their 1st and their 2 3rd round picks. We do have a lot of needs to fill. Assuming we trade Springs for a 4th round pick, we could pick up Okoye in the 1st, Yanda and Buster Davis in the 3rd, and Tim Crowder in the 4th.

The Buffalo trade really seems like a perfect fit. The Skins could grab Carriker or Okoye with the 12, and then hopefully get a top guard with the 43. There would also be the chance to possibly trade down again with that 12 pick.

Archived