Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Definitive 200

Dan T.

How does Hendrix's Are You Experienced not make the top 10. People forget that he made it in the UK back in 66 before finally scoring in the US charts in 67. Love them or hate them, his first few hit recordings there did more to influence rock than anything else on that list. He's the biggest reason the Beatle's sound changed so dramatically overnight. Without Hendrix or the Byrds album Fifth Dimension (released in '66), there would've never been any Sgt Peppers.

Also, I'd put Zeppelin's first album up there instead of IV, which is actually one of their weakest albums but gets all the nods because of Stairway to Heaven and Rock 'N' Roll.

Lastly, what's the fascination with Exile on Main St.? The preceding LP Sticky Fingers was far better, as was much of the material they made when Brian Jones was still alive.

Are You Experienced at 41?

You gotta be ****ing kidding me. Top 20 at least.

Exile on Main St. at #6???

What???

Okay I like the Rolling Stones and I really like that album but #6 of the definitive 200? No. Just...no.

Also, Marvin Gaye: Whats Goin' On?

Needs to be higher on that list.

He's on The Definitive 500...

493. Coolio - Return of the Gangsta (2006)

494. Yngwie Malmsteen - Concerto Suite for Pork Chop and Scalloped Potato

B000050I48.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

495. The B Sharps - Eponymous

b_sharps.gif

they ranked him just above a simpsons spoof, and below COOLIO??? and why isnt Rising Force there? that is just sad.

With the following bands:

Who

Guess Who

Yes

The The

The Band

Don Was

We could construct an Abbott and Costello routine rivaling "Who's on First?"!

Don't know if you are into cartoons, but the Animaniacs did one that was insane. Just really funny.

"Concerto for Pork Chop and Scalloped Potato" Cause, he's fat now, get it?

Man, I crack myself up sometimes.

either way, he should definatly have made the list. i can't believe they would have will smith on there, but appearantly yngwie isn't good enough. bull****. this list has lost all merit.

Archived