Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Adam Shefter:Betts for Bly

Genghis Khan

Adam Shefter reports that the broncos want betts for bly.
I'm sorry but this just doesn't make sense. With the passing of Williams, the Broncos need a solid corner as bad as we do, and if Tatum Bell, Reuben Droughens, Mike Anderson, and Mike Bell can all be successful in that system, why would they give up a corner who's harder to replace? They have plenty of draft picks to spend on a running back. Won't happen.

The Redskins have the bargaining leverage here not the Broncos. They are the ones who failed to do the research on a player's desire to play for them before they traded for him.

Agreed, especially because we know that the Broncos must really be concerned about Bly being a problem for them because they're pitching this deal despite having signed Henry.

Now which one of those guys do you honestly think would be happy being the 3rd or 4th corner? If Bly comes here then say bye bye to Springs.

Truthfully, i really don't care who is happy they are all under contract. :laugh:

I know SS will be traded for a couple more picks.

lets see how to put this? um, first off all... no. second of all... definitely no. third of all....are you crazy?

one of the best things we've got going into this season is a KILLER tandem at RB. can you imagine these guys BOTH being fresh in the fourth quarter of games and down the stretch of the season? forget it. just FORGET it. they are going to criminalize people and break their will. games that are tight in the third quarter will turn into old school beatdowns. you just watch. now leave ladell alone.

i know its always win now situation every year but if Bly really wants to come to Washington and not stay in Denver... wait a year and sign him when he is a FA... but some other team is willing to give Denver something significant AND pay Bly big bucks then let them.... as long as its not us i am happy

I'd say no to this deal. Portis is coming off of an injury riddled season and shoulder surgery: I'd hate to see what the team would do if Portis goes down without Betts there to back him up.

Another thing is why do you wanna trade Betts,a guy who showed his dedication to the team by signing a contract extension when he knew he could get alot more money on the market for a guy who just see's dollar signs, Dre Bly just wants to be hear to get a new contract and thats it,I really dont think we need another guy like that (Brandon Lloyd).If the skins traded Betts that would be a slap in his face I really hope they don't make this move

hate it. Bly isn't some up and comer corner. He's about to be 30 just like Springs was when he signed with us. Betts if I recall is 27 and is hitting his prime, was one of the best RBs in the league when he started. We could probably get a high 2nd low 1st rounder for him right now, considering his salary. The only way I'd consider it as if Springs was part of the deal and we got Denver's 1st round pick and maybe a later pick along with it.

I actually think that we would regret making this trade. With Denvers running system which makes people look unbelievable Betts would potentially be a 1500+ yard back. Plus if Portis isn't 100% we would need somebody who has proven he can be a solid runner in our system, which he has proven to be. Even if Portis is 100% he often likes to come out if he is winded and there is nobody near Betts level who would take the carries. Trading Betts would solve one problem with another. We should either figure out some way to work out a trade involving moving down and picking up more picks, or just pay Springs his money and keep him.

I'm sorry but this just doesn't make sense. With the passing of Williams, the Broncos need a solid corner as bad as we do, and if Tatum Bell, Reuben Droughens, Mike Anderson, and Mike Bell can all be successful in that system, why would they give up a corner who's harder to replace? They have plenty of draft picks to spend on a running back. Won't happen.

Good point....this trade makes no sense at all. Especially after the Broncos just signed Travis Henry. I'm sure Denver would want Springs back to play opposite Bailey. They'd be pretty set if they could pull that off.

Archived