Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Children of Men...Wow. (Merged--wow)

TradeTheBeal!

Well, I thought the character development, while streamlined, was brilliant. How Owen went from not having a life worth living to finding a cause worth dying for was subtle, yet very effective. Also, the end was strangley uplifting. His actions in the boat at the end, the things he said, were again subtle yet quite moving.

I thought the social commentary was again very effective without being overly preachy or judgemental.

And of course the action scenes were spectacular.

But maybe that's just me. The movie DID rate 92% fresh, and now I see why. Excellent, excellent film.

I'd go deeper into my brilliant analysis :) but I can't without spoilers.

So I'll leave it with I really did like it.

To whatever mod NNT'd me.......

I post a harmless thread about a movie that I thought stunk and you merge it in the "This Movie is Awesome" thread and then slap me with a NNT. That's ridiculous.

I'm sure there's an elementary school missing a hall monitor right now

Why don't we just have one huge thread about the Redskins? Screw message boards. Unbelievable....

I post a harmless thread about a movie that I thought stunk and you merge it in the "This Movie is Awesome" thread and then slap me with a NNT. That's ridiculous.

Why don't we just have one huge thread about the Redskins? Screw message boards. Unbelievable....

dont let them get you down, it will only lead to more dissapointment in your life, things dont change - so screw it, there are more important things in life to worry about

did you happen to notice your posts dont count here:cheers:

welcome_to_internet_loose_bitches.jpg

dont let them get you down, it will only lead to more dissapointment in your life, things dont change - so screw it, there are more important things in life to worry about

did you happen to notice your posts dont count here:cheers:

welcome_to_internet_loose_bitches.jpg

Man I wasn't sure how I was going to get by this obstacle in my life, but your post set me straight. Thanks, now you can go back to making the world safe.

The movie still sucked as far as comparing it to all the hype it got.

Man I wasn't sure how I was going to get by this obstacle in my life, but your post set me straight. Thanks, now you can go back to making the world safe.

Nope, you may not have "got" it. But it did not "suck".

Frankly, very few ES threads are harmless :laugh:

j/k

Yes, the rule was applied precisely as it's described.

The original thread had exactly the same title as yours with the exception of the word "wow" at the end. So I'm, not sure why you figure why you would receive special consideration over any of your fellow members.

The implication that yours was maybe worth a new thread because you had a "different" opinion is silly and wrong. First, there were several posters in ther original thread didn't like the movie. :)

Second, would you expect we have maybe three threads for each topic? One each for the yay, nay, and in-between crowd? :)

Maybe if you had PM'ed some mods and politely appealed the circumstances, instead of blaming, insulting, and soundling childish you may have recieved a NNT reprieve, though the merge would have remained.

In closing, when you are able to return, I suggest you read the rules again to see which one now is being employed. :)

P.S. We will forward the declined mod applications to the hall monitor position opening you mention. Thanks for the tip! :cheers:

youre right, the movie did suck my friend - i'm still tired even though i napped through the whole second half!!!!

Frankly, very few ES threads are harmless :laugh:

j/k

Yes, the rule was applied precisely as it's described.

The original thread had exactly the same title as yours with the exception of the word "wow" at the end. So I'm, not sure why you figure why you would receive special consideration over any of your fellow members.

The implication that yours was maybe worth a new thread because you had a "different" opinion is silly and wrong. First, there were several posters in ther original thread didn't like the movie. :)

Second, would you expect we have maybe three threads for each topic? One each for the yay, nay, and in-between crowd? :)

Maybe if you had PM'ed some mods and politely appealed the circumstances, instead of blaming, insulting, and soundling childish you may have recieved a NNT reprieve, though the merge would have remained.

In closing, when you are able to return, I suggest you read the rules again to see which one now is being employed. :)

P.S. We will forward the declined mod applications to the hall monitor position opening you mention. Thanks for the tip! :cheers:

i think its so cute how you guys still merge threads even though they dont really count :2cents:

i think the horse is dead now that i've beaten it to a bloody pulp

tailgate20013.jpg

After reading this thread, I decided to just now watch this movie.

I absolutely loved this film. I can see how some may be let down by the ending, but I found it the best possible way to end it. Any other way would've left to much to question IMO.

I found it interesting and wise that they never felt the need to explain what the cause was in the first place. I love it when movies "get it" and don't feel the need to spell everything out for you.

I saw the movie and loved it. I wanted to say so.

I knew it was an old movie, so I logged on, hit the search button, and entered "Childen of Men."

Lo and behold! There's a thread on it!

I posted in it.

It's really unbelievable how simple it is to follow the rules you agree to when you register as a member here.

I saw the movie and loved it. I wanted to say so.

I knew it was an old movie, so I logged on, hit the search button, and entered "Childen of Men."

Lo and behold! There's a thread on it!

I posted in it.

It's really unbelievable how simple it is to follow the rules you agree to when you register as a member here.

Congrats on being a productive member of society.

I learned my lesson. I should have hit the search button and next time I'll do that. I didn't think my smart alec comment warranted a seven day ban, though. You have 12,000 posts and I'm betting that somewhere in there, you've broken a few "rules".

The movie was still the same 30 minute story for over two hours.

"Until the End of the World" was much better.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know what you guys are smoking.

It was a great movie - until the end. The ending was a lame duck ending. I couldn't believe it. Its like if LotR would have ended at the end of the Fellowship of the Ring. Yeah, ok they got there, but now what?

Had the movie just not ended and actually continued, it had potential to be great.

Not to mention, I blame Julianne Moore. Every movie she does is terrible and always lets me down. And I don't know - its not that she's a bad actress, I think in terms of acting she does pretty well.

The Forgotten, Freedomland, and now this. All movies I was excited when I saw previews and all movies sucked. (The Forgotten was probably the second worst movie I have ever seen in my life, next to Contact).

<sigh> Note to self: Never watch any movies with Julianne Moore again no matter how good it looks

Well, I thought the character development, while streamlined, was brilliant. How Owen went from not having a life worth living to finding a cause worth dying for was subtle, yet very effective.

Henry, you do realize that he was in car originally just along for the ride.... and it wasn't until dude killed the cop and his face plastered on the news that he became a fugitive he really couldn't go back to his old lifestyle even if he wanted?

Is that subtle to you? :)

I thought the movie had potential.... but it was a complete dud. The story was unique.... and I think people are looking for that desperately because so many crappy movies are being put out right now..... but I just thought they screwed the pooch with it.

The only interesting character in the movie was Micheal Keaton's.

I guess I'm kind of in the middle between the gushers and the haters. I didn't think it was nearly as good as some of you would like to think it is, but I also didn't think it was a complete dud.

Character development - I agree with Henry about Owen's character, he did have some nice progression. It took them awhile to fill us in about his background when we probably would have been more suited to know about it right away, but they did give it to us. Still he was somewhat of a hollow character - although I think that might have been by design. The rest of the characters however were very poorly developed.

Action - the action scenes were amazing; the cinematography brilliant. There were several scenes that were one complete shot, which in the context of the scene were brilliant. Very well done.

Plot - very interesting and completely underdeveloped plot line. I felt like the director sacrificed some explanations for cinematography and action shots when I would have liked to have more background. I think he did a pretty good job filling us in, but I would have liked more.

All in all, I'd give it 3 out of 5 stars.

Archived