Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Children of Men...Wow. (Merged--wow)

TradeTheBeal!

I liked the end. It still leaves the question of what happened. Is this world redeemed, is it even worth redemption?

You assume she's going to be safe, you assume the baby is going to live... maybe.

I thought it was terrific.

~Bang

• 3 weeks later...

I guess I missed this when it was posted. But that's never stopped me before. Forgive the bump. :)

Henry, you do realize that he was in car originally just along for the ride.... and it wasn't until dude killed the cop and his face plastered on the news that he became a fugitive he really couldn't go back to his old lifestyle even if he wanted?

Is that subtle to you? :)

Tony, then explain why he goes into that building at the end. At some point self-preservation gave way to something more. At some point, he discovered a cause.

I thought the movie had potential.... but it was a complete dud. The story was unique.... and I think people are looking for that desperately because so many crappy movies are being put out right now..... but I just thought they screwed the pooch with it.

Well, that's why they made American Beauty. :)

I'll watch this one, thanks.

Tony, then explain why he goes into that building at the end. At some point self-preservation gave way to something more. At some point, he discovered a cause.

True... that's a valid point. And I'll counter that I simply didn't buy it. I think all he wanted to do was finish what he started because he had so much vested in it.

He didn't care about the youngest person in the world dying... and I never got the sense that he cared about the child and what it meant. Not at any point in the movie.. not even when he was dying on the boat after accomplishing the goal.

True... that's a valid point. And I'll counter that I simply didn't buy it. I think all he wanted to do was finish what he started because he had so much vested in it.

I didn't get that at all. I think he HAD to go in there. I think he realized he was Kee's guardian. HE was the one she could trust. HE was the one person in the world that wasn't using her for his own agenda. As far as he knew, the future of humanity, a future he had thought was beyond hope, rested on his shoulders. He finally had a purpose and nothing short of death was going to stop him from fulfilling it.

People as apathetic and selfish as he was at the beginning of the movie don't just run into a meat-grider like that for the sake of finishing something.

... and I never got the sense that he cared about the child and what it meant. Not at any point in the movie.. not even when he was dying on the boat after accomplishing the goal.

I got the exact opposite.

Anyway, I guess that's why they make more than one movie. :)

Archived