Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

espn: Brunell's Redskins future uncertain after surgery

Brandon Lloyd Christmas

If Campbell goes down do to an injury, I'd much rather have Brunell replace him than Collins.

That is because, unlike many of the rude and inconsiderate posters in this thread, you have a brain with actual football knowledge and choose to use it. Brunell is our best chance if Campbell goes down, but the haters are too ignorant to see the forest through the trees.

dump both!

neither should be welcome back.

the skins need to get rid of the loyalty to washed up players. the only reason collins was here, was because AS came here. and he supposedly knew the system. could have fooled me! LOL

Firing players on a whim is a great way to make sure players don't feel like this team means anything to them. If you want to build consistency and chemistry on a team, you have to keep guys like Collins. You can't just randomly hire and fire guys in this league, or free agents will start to keep their distance.

That is because, unlike many of the rude and inconsiderate posters in this thread, you have a brain with actual football knowledge and choose to use it. Brunell is our best chance if Campbell goes down, but the haters are too ignorant to see the forest through the trees.
:applause:

I think most of the rude and inconsiderate posters in this thread dont hate MB...just hate the fact he is paid as a #1.

Which he is not. But he is one hell of a backup QB...think Jeff Garcia stepping in once McNabb went down, not flashy-consistent, minimal turnovers. Everything you want in a backup

"The former Auburn standout, who compiled a 2-5 record as the starter, had some rough spots, but also demonstrated great athleticism and a very live arm."

AKA- Inconspicuous Pasta-Belly cheapshot

I dont think so at all. I thought it was a pretty fair assesment of Campbell's play.

Brunell is not a great backup, he needs to retire. I would be really supprised if he doesn't esp with this surgery and the fact that he is way old now. I say keep Collins and bring someone else in. He is no Jeff Garcia, not anymore anyway.

"The former Auburn standout, who compiled a 2-5 record as the starter, had some rough spots, but also demonstrated great athleticism and a very live arm."

AKA- Inconspicuous Pasta-Belly cheapshot

Actually, Len P. liked Campbell very much. Unlike most, he had Campbell ranked as the 2nd best QB in that draft.

Also, what's so unfair about that statement? Campbell did have some rough spots. What's encouraging though is that he seemed to immediately learn from them (i.e. trying to throw the ball away when getting sacked, throwing the ball in a position where it could get intercepted, etc.) and not make those mistakes again. VERY encouraging.

no matter how rude or polite i am, mark brunell is still currently a bad quarterback (now a bad quarterback coming off of major shoulder surgery). we could probably do better than him in FA, unless youd like to watch screen passes and sacks when campbell goes down. did you see how horrendous he looked when they put him into the last giants game? it wasnt even funny, it was sad. dude needs to retire or take a major pay cut. if anything he should stick around to mentor jason, hes most likely a smart guy and we could use his knowledge, just not his arm.

I dont know if Brunell will want to stick around or not, but if you look at is from his standpoint I dont know if he would be able to find another job or not. Also I know that the team is going to want to restructure his contract and it is going to have to be a big restructure that he may or maynot be interested in doing. He is being payed way to much to be a backup. If he wants though he could help the teams cap number a lot.

its so easy to talk smack about a person who cannot retaliate

some of these posts are too much.

are you freaking children ?

Its one thing to complain and ***** about him. I do that myself.

Its quite another to make personal attacks out of hate. Especially when you wouldnt do it to his face.

its so easy to talk smack about a person who cannot retaliate

some of these posts are too much.

are you freaking children ?

Its one thing to complain and ***** about him. I do that myself.

Its quite another to make personal attacks out of hate. Especially when you wouldnt do it to his face.

Guess someone doesn't find humor in labia jokes.

Gibbs needs to bite the bullet and dump a couple of guys, even though he likes them so much.

Keeping a washed up Brunell at a 6+ mil cap figure (or 'restructuring' so he can have a much bigger release fee in a year), which also means in 08 we are going to be looking for TWO new back-ups=dumb.

Ditto keeping Springs so we can hope he learns a new position and learns how to stay healthy, while becoming one of the highest paid Ss in the league.

Releasing the two of them now clears 14 mil in cap room for 08.

Gibbs needs to bite the bullet and dump a couple of guys, even though he likes them so much.

Keeping a washed up Brunell at a 6+ mil cap figure (or 'restructuring' so he can have a much bigger release fee in a year), which also means in 08 we are going to be looking for TWO new back-ups=dumb.

Ditto keeping Springs so we can hope he learns a new position and learns how to stay healthy, while becoming one of the highest paid Ss in the league.

If this is true, then we can cut AA and Lloyd also and come out even in '08.

Seriously, WTF??? Why would we need two new backups in '08 if we keep Mark this year???

And, please, what the hell are you talking about with your Springs comment??? Who said anything about teaching him a new position??? And he is a CB, not a Ss, and he is no where near the highested paid in the league??? :doh1:

seriously, the fact hes signed through '10 is paiiiiiiinful to the max. wont he be 40 years old at that point??? who gives an old guy a contract that ridiculously long? oh yeah, us!

The contract is for that many years so the cap hit from the bonus is spread out longer and thus less per year. His contract was a de facto 3 year deal, much like what was done back when we re-signed Stephen Davis.

Seriously, WTF??? Why would we need two new backups in '08 if we keep Mark this year???

And, please, what the hell are you talking about with your Springs comment??? Who said anything about teaching him a new position??? And he is a CB, not a Ss, and he is no where near the highested paid in the league??? :doh1:

Yeah, I was referring to all the talk about moving Springs to S. You've heard nothing about that?

And, if you keep Brunell for 07, you would need to replace him in 08.

If you don't understand what is being posted, maybe think about it before you start with the insults.

Watch and see what we do with our late round picks. If one of them is a QB, either Brunell or Collins will be gone. Actually, I don't see the need for 2 aged vet QB backups anyway. One of them should get the boot.

i think we will trade down and address the need for a quality back up during the draft. not ness draft a qb, but maybe trade down and get a soon to be free agent QB(ala a ducket deal). but we will need quality at that possition. backup QB that is. for clarity sakes.

i still think they both ainth worth the money they will get.

sbb

Archived