Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ipod trouble (updated...not that anyone cares)

Spaceman Spiff

I can't turn my ipod off for some reason. I messed around with Monster cables iCarPlay earlier and it screwed my ipod. I can still play music and everything but when I hold down the pause/play button nothing happens.

I reset the ipod and even restored the factory settings. Still doesn't work.

Anyone know of any tricks or anything? I really need it for tomorrow.

THe one I gave my son for Christmas did that, but turned off after a reset.

What a pain in the ass that thing has been

Last Apple product I ever buy

I refused to buy one mainly because I did not want iTunes messing around with my mp3 organization on my computer.

Plus I like how your battery will die soon enough. Down with iPods!

1) I've never had a problem with battery death.

2) You can actually replace the battery, it's just not simple.

3) Don't be THAT guy. You know, that guy who decided he's going to hate on something trendy just because he thinks its cool to be anti-establishment. It's very high school.

I had one that all of a sudden would not turn on. I sent it back to apple and they then sent me a new one. Had the replacement for about a week and the battery got so damn hot that it almost burnt my hand. I left it alone for a day and it works fine now exact the damn battery wont fully charge and it dies quickly. I'm about to send that back to. Stupid Ipod

Happened to me once, it was an easy fix.

Press and hold the Menu and Center (Select) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 10 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.

It reboots the software and clears up the problem.

I refused to buy one mainly because I did not want iTunes messing around with my mp3 organization on my computer.

Hey Sachin-have you heard of Sharepod? Freeware program that lets you manage your ipod without having to deal with the music library and other bloat of itunes. I got an ipod for xmas and have only used sharepod on it. so far, I've got about 6 gigs filled up, with no issues except for when I tried to add a video(I guess it's only good for music)

The thing is, I have an aversion to Itunes too, but I"m convinced that no other mp3 player on the market has anything as easy to use as the clickwheel. It just makes it really easy to manage gigs of music.

Not to hijack, but I have noticed on my Ipod I now have over one gig of "other" on there, and I have no idea what it is.

Any ideas? And how can I get rid of it?

when your Ipod is connected to your pc you can browse it from the Microsoft disk explorer... right click start-> select explore -> at the C: level look for your ipod

Once their you can just remove files which you've added which you are currently seeing as other.

Archived