Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

H.B. Blades

emor09

Would you guys want this guy? he is a tackling machine. he is slightly undersized, but he could hold down the middle for us. i think if we have HB, Rocky, and Marcus our LB core would be secure until Marcus retires, but we will be young with HB and Rocky.

what do you guys think of Blades?

Would you guys want this guy? he is a tackling machine. he is slightly undersized, but he could hold down the middle for us. i think if we have HB, Rocky, and Marcus our LB core would be secure until Marcus retires, but we will be young with HB and Rocky.

No thanks we already have one undersized MLB and we see how that is working out for us. :(

Blades was Big East Defensive player of the year. 2nd time he's won i believe.

Pitt is my alma mater's rival, so ive seen Blades play a lot. He is the real deal. Im not sure where he would go in the draft, but if we can make a move to get him in the high-middle rounds, i think he'd be a nice addition.

well, NCAA Football '07 for the XBOX 360 likes him, so i like him too

:gaintsuck:dallasuck

ummm who is he?? what team does he play for?

Um, he's a All-American.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2695097

And was named the Big East defensive player of the year:

http://www.bigeast.org/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/120606aac.html

Here's his bio from the Pitt website.

2006 Scouting Report: Pitt's unquestioned defensive leader who has his sights set on national honors this year...enters his third season as a starter...moved to middle linebacker for the 2005 campaign and was one of the nation's most productive defenders...is on everyone's All-America list heading into his senior season...preseason candidate for the Butkus Award, Bronko Nagurski Trophy, Rotary Lombardi Award and Ronnie Lott Trophy...owns an impressive package of intensity, instincts and strength...those qualities aren't surprising considering his bloodline...is the son of Bennie Blades and nephew of Brian and Al Blades... Bennie, Brian and Al all starred for the Miami Hurricanes and played in the NFL...H.B. opted for Pitt over the home state Hurricanes and has carved out his own impressive gridiron legacy...has played in every single game the last three seasons (36).

2005: Selected first team All-Big East for the second consecutive year... named a Pitt team captain...moved to middle linebacker from Sam linebacker prior to the season and responded by compiling a Big East-high 121 tackles...ranked 13th nationally with an average of 11.0 tackles per game...had a career and game-high 20 tackles at Louisville and added a forced fumble and fumble recovery...earned the Big East's Defensive Player of the Week honor after recording 11 tackles, a 38-yard interception return for a touchdown and a fumble recovery versus Syracuse... also named the coaching staff's Defensive Player of the Game for his Syracuse performance...had a game-high 14 tackles at Nebraska with two TFLs and a sack...had a game-high 13 tackles versus Notre Dame...had a game-high 12 tackles against South Florida...had a game-high 12 tackles versus Connecticut...had 11 stops at Rutgers...had a game-high 10 tackles versus Youngstown State...had a team-high nine tackles versus Ohio.

• 3 months later...

You guys will love this....except McMetal who will hate it.

Posted at 2:53 PM ET, 04/29/2007

Who's Your Sixth Round Daddy?

So they stuck with LBs and took Blades, like I thought. He comes from a bigtime family - his dad Bennie, was a stud back in the day and his uncle Brian, was a quality player too. He was very productive at Pitt, but is not very big.

Like Sartz, he could come in and be a teams guy right away and gives them another athletic depth guy on defense. Right now they only havce Lemar Marshall and Khary Campbell as reserves, and they want to develop young backups there with the potential to play more regularly if need.

And again, I can't say this enough. Even if the Skins still get Briggs, keep your eye on Marcus Washington's hip and Rocky McIntosh's knee. Both conditions could get tricky.

Posted by Jason La Canfora | Permalink | Comments (12)

Other Blogs' Comments: Technorati

Posted at 2:41 PM ET, 04/29/2007

Damn, I Really Wanted To Cover A Dude Named Rufus

Oh well, the Vikings stepped in and took my guy.

Well, Blades is still there for the moment and the Delaware TE. Maybe a D Lineman.

Oh the excitement.

I'll still say Blades if he is there.

Posted by Jason La Canfora | Permalink | Comments (12)

Posted at 2:32 PM ET, 04/29/2007

The LBs Are Still There

I wouldn't be surprised if the SKins turned around and took an LB again. Alexander and Blades are still there - Blades is rated slightly higher - although they might also try to go D Line here and come back with one of the LBs thinking they might still be there with the second-to-last pick of the sixth round (the Bears pick from Archuleta).

Skins are up in a few picks with the 5th round just about over.

Posted by Jason La Canfora | Permalink | Comments (10)

Nice pull from the beat reporter. Picking a guy in the 6th round.

our mlb is fine

we dont let anyone rush in the middle

its always andre carter and holdmans side

Did you watch the Redskins lat year? I guess Tiki and Travis Henry weren't running up the gut. Wasnt just those two games either, Marshall got pushed around all year.

Archived