Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

H.B. Blades

emor09

Blades is a great pick this late in the draft but this has got me thinking: when are we doing something to shore up our terrible D-line (and don't tell me it's not bad, it's second worst league-wide). any thoughts on this? do we have this much faith that we can get by just stacking the hell outta the box with LBs---I know this is GW's style, i'd like to get some feedback on this topic.

This actually might be a steal.

Watched him all four years at Pitt and he is very very smart and Hits hard. Always around the ball. I think that teams might have been turned off by his height. Can definitely be a heck of a backup for Fletcher and a heck of a special teams player.

Son of Bennie Blades and nephew of Brian Blades. So he has pedigree.

Yes. I love the way he plays. He may be a little undersized (at 240 but he is 5-10 so he is thick) but he plays with passion, heart, and intelligence.

MAN LAW!!!!!!!!!

"A man can not call another man "Thick" when describing his build!"

:cheers:

i like 'em

both startz (who could add pounds and move to DE).

and blades a starter at MLB in the future.

3-4 calling?

Sartz would have to put on 40 pounds to even consider moving to DE in a 4-3... and that kind of weight gain would undoubtedly drastically reduce his athleticism.

Also, for the 800 millionth time... you guys need to learn some of the requirements for a true 3-4 defense. The only way to get some of the size we'd need is to draft a NT and shuffle around the rest of our line (Daniels, Wynn, Griffin, and Golston are the only guys who could possibly fill up the DE spot currently on our roster). We also don't really have enough size for the WLB spot seeing as we have a bunch of 230-pound guys with only Marcus being suited for the job at SLB.

Sartz would have to put on 40 pounds to even consider moving to DE in a 4-3... and that kind of weight gain would undoubtedly drastically reduce his athleticism.

Also, for the 800 millionth time... you guys need to learn some of the requirements for a true 3-4 defense. The only way to get some of the size we'd need is to draft a NT and shuffle around the rest of our line (Daniels, Wynn, Griffin, and Golston are the only guys who could possibly fill up the DE spot currently on our roster). We also don't really have enough size for the WLB spot seeing as we have a bunch of 230-pound guys with only Marcus being suited for the job at SLB.

:applause:

People tend to think, if you have a DT and 2 big DE you can do a 3-4. You need specific types of players to run a 3-4. a big 325+ At minimum NT, and then two 290+ guys at DE. then you still need pretty big OLB

I can't believe we got H.B. Blades in the 6th round. Awesome, just awesome. This guy could be a stud MLB tackling machine. He is really smart and he has the opportunity to learn from Fletcher. Just amazing.

I like our second day picks. I have to give the front office for A for today's picks. We should hurry and sign Dan Mozes, Brandon Myles, and Walter Thomas to our camp now.

Archived