Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I have a spiritual message to share...

footballhenry

pretty sure that's a dude ^^

How ya figure?

No ... any woman who would drink something flowing out of the back of a woodland PortaJohn clearly passes the PleaseBlitz "I wonder if she'd ... ?" test.

This is very true. :)

I think he's talking about the hole where the water is coming from? :silly: :laugh:

Teenagers are weird units. ;)

I have to say that henry's post has some very interesting and insightful parts to is. Some of it is over the top, but I think there's a lot in there that people could learn from.

I think it's pretty well known around here that while I grew up Christian, I haven't been associated with that religious tradition for a number of years now. Part of the reason had to do with the death of my Father. Another part of it had to do with things that I had experienced over the years that the Christian tradition could not or would not deal with in any way that I found appropriate.

The spirituality that I now follow has a bit in common with what is talking about, though it's not quite as far from the mainstream as some of the things henry mentioned in his original post. So let's not beat on henry as though he's the only person on the planet who believes some/many of these things.

henry, best wishes for your continued spiritual growth. Blessed Be.

Another nice thread shot down the drain by non-believers:(

Beg to differ, amigo. Twas a true believer who sullied the atmosphere most greiviously, and another believer who then responded in anger.

Are you modeling a "good Christian", appearing just to cast your habitual stone at those who believe* differently than you in the guise of lamenting lack of their appreciation for a "nice thread." Wouldn't it be more appropriate to add something of meaning?

I always like this old saying: "Religion is for people who fear hell; spirituality is for people who have already been there."

* "non-believer"--kind of a dumb label if you think about it, though popular with fundamentalist types. All people usually believe in things, they just differ. But it's one of those discrediting or dishonest simple-minded polarizing terms so popular with certain kinds of people. Like "pro-life" or "people's liberation army" :D

Are you modeling a "good Christian", appearing just to cast your habitual stone at those who believe* differently than you in the guise of lamenting lack of their appreciation for a "nice thread." Wouldn't it be more appropriate to add something of meaning?

I always like this old saying: "Religion is for people who fear hell; spirituality is for people who have already been there."

* "non-believer"--kind of a dumb label if you think about it, though popular with fundamentalist types. All people usually believe in things, they just differ. But it's one of those discrediting or dishonest simple-minded polarizing terms so popular with certain kinds of people. Like "pro-life" or "people's liberation army" :D

Great post.... :applause:

Archived