Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

cnn: Pat Robertson: God told me of 'mass killing' in 2007

chomerics

Isn't anyone else scared that this man has weekly conference calls with Bush, and the president takes ANYTHING this lunatic says seriously?

VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia (AP) -- Evangelical broadcaster Pat Robertson said Tuesday that God has told him that a terrorist attack on the United States would cause a "mass killing" late in 2007.

"I'm not necessarily saying it's going to be nuclear," he said during his news-and-talk television show "The 700 Club" on the Christian Broadcasting Network.

"The Lord didn't say nuclear. But I do believe it will be something like that."

Robertson said God told him about the impending tragedy during a recent prayer retreat.

God also said, he claims, that major cities and possibly millions of people will be affected by the attack, which should take place sometime after September.

Robertson suggested in January 2006 that God punished then-Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon with a stroke for ceding Israeli-controlled land to the Palestinians.

The broadcaster predicted in January 2004 that President Bush would easily win re-election.

Bush won 51 percent of the vote that fall, beating Democratic Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts.

In 2005, Robertson predicted that Bush would have victory after victory in his second term. He said Social Security reform proposals would be approved and Bush would nominate conservative judges to federal courts.

Lawmakers confirmed Bush's 2005 nominations of John Roberts and Samuel Alito to the Supreme Court. But the president's Social Security initiative was stalled.

"I have a relatively good track record," he said. "Sometimes I miss."

In May, Robertson said God told him that storms and possibly a tsunami were to crash into America's coastline in 2006.

Even though the U.S. was not hit with a tsunami, Robertson on Tuesday cited last spring's heavy rains and flooding in New England as partly fulfilling the prediction.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/02/robertson.predictions.ap/index.html

Evidently Robertson and Kingbrice get their info from the same God. :laugh:

(Remembering an Onion article: Secret Service records reveal that the Voice of God that W hears in the Oval Office is actually Dick Cheney playing with the White House telephone system's speaker phone.)

I can do this too...hold on...

I predict that the NE will have snow within the next 4 months. Then there will be lots of puddles around the NE in 5 months due to global warming....some call it Spring, but that's just PC jargon...I call it like it is.

Then around September there will be a massive genocide of plants, and the ground will be piled with the carcasses of plants or as some say...leaves. It will be horrid as the cries of children everywhere are put into forced labor of cleaning up the carnage of leaves.

How's that?

This is a good thing actually for those who don't like him. He will finally be revealed as a false prophet, to the world and the church, if it doesn't come true.

If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD does not take place or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him.

Deuteronomy 18:22

If he is going to make these predicitions he has to be willing to step down if he is wrong.......oh wait.....he hasn't before and he won't now so why do I even bother.

Did you know that in 1979 Robertson had a camera crew put together to go to Jerusalem to record the second coming? :doh:

As a conservative Christian I am appalled by his "prophetic" statements and assumptions. I wish he would just go away or be quiet.

Then around September there will be a massive genocide of plants, and the ground will be piled with the carcasses of plants or as some say...leaves. It will be horrid as the cries of children everywhere are put into forced labor of cleaning up the carnage of leaves.

How's that?

I don't know about prophecy but I do know that paragraph is some funny stuff! :laugh:

This is a good thing actually for those who don't like him. He will finally be revealed as a false prophet, to the world and the church, if it doesn't come true.

I'd rather he become a false prophet some other way then by being right about this

I don't know about prophecy but I do know that paragraph is some funny stuff! :laugh:

lol hey I prophesized it since it hasn't happened and it's in the future. You better give me credit when the time comes and you see it happening ;)

Anyone can make fairly obvious predictions and have some come true. I'm sure some of you have heard of John Titor, a time traveler from the future that posted on a few message boards back in '01 with a convincing story. He predicted a huge Tsunami in the East that came true, along with about a dozen or so other happenings. Eventually, he was debunked, as will happen to Robertson.

Archived