Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

cnn: Pat Robertson: God told me of 'mass killing' in 2007

chomerics

Same can be said of every thread revolving around religion. See how many times Ashburnskinsfan and CrabR chime in with derogatory remarks. :2cents:

Its funny, and i agree with you, but that athiests only thread was started because at the time, there were 10 different threads on the front page of the tailgate dealing with religion. I think 1 of them got hijacked by an athiest (probably Ashburn :paranoid: ), just 1, and someone said basically "hey, if you dont like it, maybe you should start your own thread for athiests and stay out of this one."

As soon as the athiest only thread started, it was hijacked by the 11th post and the other threads all died because the bible-thumpers lost interest in them in favor of "spreading the Word." :laugh:

I'm wondering did he call himself a prophet?

He didn't. He just said he speaks directly to god and god tells him what the future holds. Wait a minute, that sounds an awful lot like a prophet.....

They just dont like religy people throwing their beliefs in their faces. Which happens a lot.

Yeah, well, UFO believers dont have a huge political base that controls much of the legislative process in this country. UFO believers are also a much rarer breed than religious people. You dont see a crackpot with a telescope on every street corner. Churches, you do.

In my experience, religion people dont know the first thing about how athiests think. You should do a search on this site for the "Athiests only" thread and see how it was immediately and repeatedly invaded by religious folks (for like 20 pages of posts) trying to force thier beliefs on people.

I agree. But you have vocal and non-vocal varieties of every sect of anything a person can be.

:laugh:

Look up the threads ive started. I dont take much of anything seriously.

:applause:

I don't think a religious person can understand what exactly it's like to be looked upon as a hell-bound heathen no matter how you act because of what you believe. We may scoff at your beliefs at times thinking it's a crutch, opiate of the masses or what not, but that's a lot different than having ultimate judgement passed on you and being preached to because of your belief system. I'm sorry but many, not all, religous folks come off as condescending, holier than thou know it alls who think they're better than you because they know god and you don't. That's really annoying after awhile and there are so many out there and it comes at you from every freaking angle that it is frustrating. Like PB said, you can't ignore how heavily religion influences politics and law making in this country, more recently very fundamentalists versions, too, and how alarming that is to us non-believers who see these fundamentalists attempting to use the law to enforce their beliefs.

The thing is, ever since 9/11 most politicians on both sides have been saying "We are going to get hit again....someday"

It's just a way to cover their own asses, and to keep people scared.

Will we get hit again someday? Probably. But as long as the politicians can make it into an political issue that sways people to one side or the other, it will be over-emphasized, and exaggerated to the point that they would have us believe that we are/were being hit by terrorists on a daily basis.

The thing is, ever since 9/11 most politicians on both sides have been saying "We are going to get hit again....someday"

It's just a way to cover their own asses, and to keep people scared.

Will we get hit again someday? Probably. But as long as the politicians can make it into an political issue that sways people to one side or the other, it will be over-emphasized, and exaggerated to the point that they would have us believe that we are/were being hit by terrorists on a daily basis.

I did hear that the terror alert was raised from Burnt Sienna to Mango

I don't think a religious person can understand what exactly it's like to be looked upon as a hell-bound heathen no matter how you act because of what you believe.

Actually I can. And so can most of my Christian friends. I used to be you 4.5 years ago.

He didn't. He just said he speaks directly to god and god tells him what the future holds. Wait a minute, that sounds an awful lot like a prophet.....

I would think most Christians think God speaks to them is different ways.

Again I'm not saying he is a prophet, but If there were a prophet in midst of most christians... they wouldn't recongize him/her if they came straight down from heaven in front of them. Most religious christians think there are only pastors & evangelist left.

Not to mention most christians don't know the difference between an OT & NT prophet. They are not exactly the same thing.

I don't think a religious person can understand what exactly it's like to be looked upon as a hell-bound heathen no matter how you act because of what you believe. We may scoff at your beliefs at times thinking it's a crutch, opiate of the masses or what not, but that's a lot different than having ultimate judgement passed on you and being preached to because of your belief system. I'm sorry but many, not all, religous folks come off as condescending, holier than thou know it alls who think they're better than you because they know god and you don't. That's really annoying after awhile and there are so many out there and it comes at you from every freaking angle that it is frustrating. Like PB said, you can't ignore how heavily religion influences politics and law making in this country, more recently very fundamentalists versions, too, and how alarming that is to us non-believers who see these fundamentalists attempting to use the law to enforce their beliefs.

Who is preaching at you everyday? If someone is doing that walk away. I really don't understand this. Maybe 3 times in my life has anyone come up to me trying to convert me to be a christian. No body has ever told me I was going to hell... even though I was.

politics: I think this can go vise versa. Christians will push there political beliefs into the law.... Just like people with your beliefs do. This is a democracy.

At the beginning of 2006, Robertson "prophesied" that God had told him he would smite the US with hurricanes, and that there may be a tsunami in the US...End Result:2006 was the first year of the decade in which NO HURRICANE landed on US soil.

Ergo, Pat Robertson's full of S**T.

ok in all fairness Darrell Green decided not to go running as fast as the year before, so there were no hurricanes. Pat didn't know that. He thought darrell Green would follow the same workout regimine....

...for all of you who don't get it...I am saying Darrell Green is so fast he leaves hurricanes in his wake...ok...bad joke :doh: , but I'm leaving it up :D

Who is preaching at you everyday? If someone is doing that walk away. I really don't understand this. Maybe 3 times in my life has anyone come up to me trying to convert me to be a christian. No body has ever told me I was going to hell... even though I was.

politics: I think this can go vise versa. Christians will push there political beliefs into the law.... Just like people with your beliefs do. This is a democracy.

No one is. It's his own false delusion. He has been reading Karl Marx too much.

It's pretty easy to see why that would be. I don't believe in UFO's, but I have no compulsion to loudly proclaim this fact everytime someone brings up a UFO, nor do I feel the need to persuade UFO adherents that they are wrong.

Ridikulous!!!

sure watching the weather, who can't do that. the forcasters screwed up the second Denver snow storm. I spent a couple hundred dollars to reschedule plane tickets and left 2 days early for nothing

Dean,

There is more to Wx Obervations then you think. Besides, do you know how hard it is to forecast a complex system like that?

Archived