Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why haven't we fired Vinnie Cerrato yet? (Merged 2X)

skinsaddict

Vinny is Snyder's butt buddy, @$$ kisser, and slack jawed yokel. If Vinny was such a football guy, personnell guy, then why didn't any other team hire him when Marty fired him??

^^^ /end thread

after that comment i read in another thread about Vinny thinking Skip Hicks was a better back than Stephen Davis. sheesh. get him outta here.

^^^ /end thread

after that comment i read in another thread about Vinny thinking Skip Hicks was a better back than Stephen Davis. sheesh. get him outta here.

Ken Harvey said this on the post game show yesterday. :doh:

Vinny thought that Skip Hicks was better than S. Davis.

Shows what he knows about football.

Pathetic. We are stuck with Vinny and I'll tell you why. What GM is going to come here and share in the braintrust that is Dan Snyder and Vinny?

Don't tell me Dan doesn't make decisions because it's in writing at the Denver Broncos site in an article called The Autonomy of a deal - Breaking down the TJ Duckett Trade. So please read up first if you don't know.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=5872

Sundquist said that most of his conversations on potential trades usually flow through Redskins vice president of football operations Vinny Cerrato.

"Then he speaks with Coach (Joe) Gibbs and Mr. Snyder," Sundquist said. "I've known Vinny for a while, and he has a relationship with (Head) Coach (Mike) Shanahan through (the 1992-94 seasons in) San Francisco. I sit with Mr. Snyder at the Super Bowl every year; they happen to be in our box. He's always (saying), 'Hey, if you want to do deals, let's do them.'"

someone to hold the football when he tries to kick field goals at Redskins Park.

Does Snyder really do that?...I knew about the raquetball....but the image of Carlie Brown came to mind with the field goal thing...I mean I guess its his team so to each his own...just a funny image...:logo:

Pathetic. We are stuck with Vinny and I'll tell you why. What GM is going to come here and share in the braintrust that is Dan Snyder and Vinny?

Don't tell me Dan doesn't make decisions because it's in writing at the Denver Broncos site in an article called The Autonomy of a deal - Breaking down the TJ Duckett Trade. So please read up first if you don't know.

I normally agree on most things with you but I didnt read anything that made me think Danny has a true voice in that trade or any other. Gibbs has said all along that Snyder has given him the keys and has given him the opportunity to do whatever he thinks is neccessary to put together a winner. As the owner and egomaniac, Im sure Snyder wants these sort of things to be brought to his attention before they are finalized, but again, I didnt read anything that makes me belive that Snyder is the one pulling deals here.

Regardless, Cerrato needs to haul ass. However, ultimately Gibbs has to take responsibility for the whole Duckett mess. Im very surprised and disappointed that Gibbs made such a terrible decision, his worst ever IMO.

Honestly, I'm not sure what he contributes to the organization. The Skins have a Head of Scouting, a President of Football Operations...what exactly IS Vinny's role (with a straight face). There are some good talent evaluators out there. WHATEVER you decide to call him, pay him, get him in the door and let him make the decisions on players. I've heard some people talk about the one or two players on which Vinny has made a hit, but let's face it, even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.

Archived