Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your Respective(to be politically correct) Holiday Plans

Commander_N_Chief

With the holiday season already just a bit underway and so many great days left to go; what will everyone be doing to celebrate?

For me, we've already had our company party, tonight I have my church's Christmas party. I'll spend Saturday with my friends and exchange a few gifts and watch a couple of movies at my house. I'll be on hand at my church again for our Christmas play, delivering cookies and coffee to the cops, firemen, and EMTs on Christmas Eve; as well as doing a bit of volunteer work down at a homeless shelter. Christmas will be spent with my family opening a few gifts and kicking back for the night. Nothing else planned until I head to NYC for the ball dropping.

Lets see:

1) Tomorrow 5AM Leave Greensboro for 10 hour drive to IN to meet my GF's mom for the first time...

2)Sunday 4AM leave Indiana for St. Louis to see the SKINS KILL THE RAMS

3)Monday 5AM leave St. Louis for Little Rock, AR to see the parental units and my brother.

4)Thursday or Friday Come back to Greensboro...

5) Spend rest of Winter Break playing World Of Warcrack... er... Warcraft...

Lets see:

1) Tomorrow 5AM Leave Greensboro for 10 hour drive to IN to meet my GF's mom for the first time...

2)Sunday 4AM leave Indiana for St. Louis to see the SKINS KILL THE RAMS

3)Monday 5AM leave St. Louis for Little Rock, AR to see the parental units and my brother.

4)Thursday or Friday Come back to Greensboro...

5) Spend rest of Winter Break playing World Of Warcrack... er... Warcraft...

Where in Indiana, if you don't mind my asking?

As for me, I plan to open more presents than I deserve and eat more than is healthy. That's the American way. ;)

OOh.. great fun!!

My civilian company gives us off from 22 December-3 January. So I get to instead get up at 0630 and head to my AF Reservist job and work 8 hours a day down there..

Friday night the opera "Light in the Piazza" at the Kennedy Center with my ex (still very good friends and she is the hottest woman I ever dated). dinner at the restaurant on the top floor which is gorgeous.

saturday maybe the Maryland basketball game with a friend, although I don't want to go. movie party that night. sunday going over to another friend's new place for the Skins game.

Monday volunteering at Walter Reed in the morning. date that night where she is cooking and I am bringing the wine. Other than that just defending the country :laugh:

better to work and earn money rather than spend right? :(

I just got back from our semi-catered holiday luncheon here in the office.

Friday night my roommates and I will be celebrating the Winter Solstace with a small ritual and then a very nice dinner out after work.

On Saturday we will exchange gifts and spend time with my roommate's family as part of our Yule celebration.

On Sunday I will drive down to Connecticut and spend Christmas Eve with my mother and two brothers, including a church service at the church where my mother is the organist and a small party at the Pastor's home.

On Monday morning, my brothers and I will go over to the church my family used to attend for Christmas morning services, then stop briefly at my father's grave on the way home. We'll open presents with my mother when she gets home from her service, then head off to my aunt & uncle's home for the larger family gathering before I head back here to Massachusetts to be back at work on Tuesday morning.

On the evening of Friday, January 5th we will be getting together with the local medieval group for a 12th Night celebration; a recreation of the medieval festival celebrating the end of Christmas and Epiphany (the visit of the Wise Men).

That should be about the grand total of the festivities planned, so far as I know.

On the evening of Friday, January 5th we will be getting together with the local medieval group for a 12th Night celebration; a recreation of the medieval festival celebrating the end of Christmas and Epiphany (the visit of the Wise Men).

Celebrate my birthday for me while you're at it. ;)

had a fun office week last week, division gettogether on monday, department luncheon on thursday, more office stuff friday. Pretty dull week for now, but being off on friday, and then tuesday/wednesday is nice. Christmas party at my house on sunday, so the whole weekend will go preparing for that.

Had the office party already.

Xmas Eve is dinner at my parents house (delayed until 5pm so I can watch the skins game)

Xmas day is with the entire family

Then I get to work for 4 days (life of an accountant at end of year)

Friday, 12/29 we're trekking down to DC

Saturday we're going to the Giants/Redskins game

NYE we're driving back & figuring out our plan on the way......

Very much looking forward to the holiday....

Usually we end up traveling but this year it has worked out to where we will be home for Christmas. Even better....a few weeks ago my company announced that they will shutdown for the week between Christmas and New Year. Since it was only a 3 day work week anyway, and because we exceeded the budget for the year, we're taking the rest of the week off.

We'll have a few guys from the firehouse over with their families on Christmas day...everyone will be gone by 5pm. I'll settle in to my recliner and watch football for the rest of the night.

Then for the week off...probably do day trips with the kids...go to the movies, or maybe NYC for a day. No plans...just winging it.

We had the wife's fam get together last saturday. This saturday wife, son, son's gf, and I are flying breckenridge for a week of skiing and will celebrate

christmas there. Wife has new years week off so we're going to make some spontaneous getaway plan when we get back. perhaps some scuba diving in the keys.

I'm going to party like it is 1999 :laugh:

Actually, I think my Christmas goes something like this. . .

4:00am Wake up, hung over and wonder what the plastic baby Jesus is doing in my kitchen

4:10am Try to fall back to sleep. . .

6:00am roll out of bed and pour listerine down my throat to get rid of the morning aftertaste

6:05am realize there is someone passed out in my bed and try to figure out A. who she is, and B. if I used a condom

6:30am Drive to dunks and get my morning coffee

6:45am Sit on the couch, scratch myself and wonder WTF happened last night. . .

7:00am Make breakfast, and check ES to see if anyone is as hungover as I am

7:15am Wake up the person in my bed and ask her if she wants breakfast

7:30am Say goodbye to the girl who says "wow, we can really drink a lot huh"

8:00am Go to my parents house and wake up the rest of my family.

9:00am Open presents, and wonder WTF were they thinking when they bought this?

10:00am Go back to house and take a shower, call friends to see if they are still alive

11:00am Get dressed to go to aunts house and get ready to eat like Sally Struthers with the munchies

12:00pm Eat shrimp and lobster like it is the last meal I will ever eat

2:00pm Chow down home made ravs, roast beef, lasagna, and turkey

2:30pm Puke my brains out in the upstairs bathroom

2:45pm Chow down more food

4:00pm Complain that I can't possibly move and sprawl all over the couch.

6:00pm Head home and see if anyone is up for a night of drinks

8:00pm Plot what to do with Baby Jesus

11:00pm Find my friend who is a cop and likes to sleep in his car at his "relaxing" spots

11:15pm Superglue baby Jesus to the top of his squad car

12:00am get a 1/5th of JD and head to microcenter to wait out all night long

1:00am get drunk at microcenter

3:00am pass out

6:00am wake up to find 500 people standing behind me waiting in line for a $800 42" plasma at microcenter

Yes, that is my plan for Christmas. . .any takers :D

Archived