Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Blondie's OFFICIAL Game Thread - REDSKINS @ SAINTS

TK

gamedayredskins_%20saints.jpg

STREAM SONNY, SAM, & LARRY HERE!

espnradio.gif

This is THE place for you to discuss the game during the game.

Remember, keep it clean. If you need to, use the Report Post function. It looks like this report.gif and can be found in the upper right hand corner of each individual post.

FYI if the TV feed is out of synch with the radio stream, pause the TV with your DVR or your TiVO & synch them that way.

While waiting for kickoff, take a few to checkout the FREE digital access to the Game Day Roster Card distributed to the media. It's exclusively for Redskins.com registered members. And checkout the Pre Game Report for some light reading. :)

Want in game stats? Get 'em <A href="http://%3cb%3e%3cfont%20color=%22/#ff8c00">http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20061217_WAS@NO" target=_blank></B>HERE.</FONT>

<A href="http://mag1.olivesoftware.com/ActiveMagazine/getBook.asp?Path=RSK/2006/08/15&BookCollection=RSK_AM&ReaderStyle=Normal" target=_blank>yearbook2006thumb.jpg

icon6.gif

SERIES HISTORY

The Saints and Redskins are playing for the 21st time, with the Redskins leading the series by a 13-7 count.

New Orleans has won the last two meetings. The most recent matchup was in 2003 at FedExField when the Saints defeated the Redskins 24-20. Quarterback Aaron Brooks scored twice to lead New Orleans to victory. The last time the two teams met in New Orleans at the Superdome was in 2001, when the Redskins handled the Saints 40-10.

icon6.gif

NEWS & NOTES

• A Redskins' win over the Saints would:
    -- Improve the Redskins' road record to 2-5 this season
    -- Give head coach Joe Gibbs an all-time record of 6-1 vs. the Saints
  • Saints head coach Sean Payton has served as an assistant coach for three NFC East teams: Philadelphia Eagles (1997-98), New York Giants (1999-2002) and Dallas Cowboys (2003-05).
  • The Redskins are 16-4 (including postseason) when playing indoors under head coach Joe Gibbs. This season, the Redskins have split their first two games indoors, defeating Houston 31-15 in Week 3 at Reliant Stadium and losing to Indianapolis 36-22 in Week 7 at the RCA Dome.
    After the Saints, the Redskins travel to St. Louis to play inside at the Edward Jones Dome.
  • The Redskins' defense has yielded just four rushing touchdowns all season, tops in the NFL.
  • Quarterback Jason Campbell grew up in Taylorsville, Miss., which is roughly 1.5 hours from New Orleans. Chris Samuels grew up in Mobile, Ala., which is about an hour from New Orleans.

FAMILIAR FACES FAMILIAR FACES ON THE SAINTS

• Strong safety Omar Stoutmire played for the Redskins in 2005.
  • Quarterbacks coach Pete Carmichael, Jr. served as quality control coach for the Redskins in 2001.
  • Defensive backs coach Tom Hayes served as secondary coach for the Redskins from 1995-99. .

icon6.gif

<A href="http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=13340" target=_blank>NFL, Redskins Wives Lend a Helping Hand

By Gary Fitzgerald

Redskins.com

December 16, 2006

Wives of National Football League athletes from across the country gathered in Louisiana this weekend, picking up hammers and setting to work to help build two new houses with Ginger Ford Habitat for Humanity in Hammond, La.

IMG_4468sm.jpg

Leslie Daniels and Ashley Brown lift a board as they help build a house in Louisiana. (Photo by B.J. Corriveau)

The build was made possible by a $360,000 grant from the Washington Redskins and the Washington Redskins Charitable Foundation.

Hammond, La., is located about an hour northwest of New Orleans. Redskins players' wives in attendance included Emma Dockery (wife of Derrick), Lili Springs (wife of Shawn), Leslie Daniels (wife of Phillip) and Ashley Brown (wife of Ray).

"We are so pleased to welcome these women into our community," said Blair Edwards, executive director of Ginger Ford Habitat for Humanity. "Their support goes beyond money, as they have traveled from across the country to give their time and labor to help us rebuild."

The Washington Redskins fully funded four new homes through Operation Home Delivery, Habitat's hurricane recovery project.

"While it's gratifying that as of this weekend our grant has been used to build four houses, it's more satisfying to know that we've helped rebuild the lives of four families," said Redskins owner Daniel M. Snyder. "We applaud the Redskins players' wives for pulling together the wives of other players to help make an impact on the lives of families in the New Orleans area."

Through Off the Field, an NFL player's wives association, wives of NFL players from the Redskins, the Saints, the Dolphins, the Bears and the Broncos were represented at the build site this weekend, where they will work on two of the four homes that the Redskins' contribution made possible.

Off the Field first became interested in Habitat's mission after Hurricane Katrina. Seeing the devastation on the news, the wives began connecting with each other, convinced that they had to find a way to help.

The Redskins met their effort by granting Habitat for Humanity $360,000 for Off the Field's hurricane relief efforts. Off the Field is using that money to build four houses with hurricane-affected families.

IMG_4464lily.jpg

Lily Springs, wife of Shawn Springs, works on building a home. (Photo by B.J. Corriveau)

"It is our privilege to be able to make a difference in the lives of people that were affected by Hurricane Katrina," said Emma Dockery, spokesperson for Off the Field.

Off the Field is comprised of wives of active and retired NFL players. Its mission is to use their network of women to enrich the lives of those in surrounding communities.

Ginger Ford Habitat for Humanity is an independent, nonprofit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry that partners with people of all beliefs. Ginger Ford Habitat for Humanity has been an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International since 1992 and has built 11 homes with five more currently under construction.

The Washington Redskins Charitable Foundation, the non-profit philanthropic arm of the team, combines the influence and popularity of the Washington Redskins with the resources and assets of 33 Washington area corporations.

Founded by Redskins owner Daniel M. Snyder, the Charitable Foundation is guided by its Leadership Council that consists of 33 CEOs who help shape and define the philanthropic efforts of the Redskins to achieve a measurable impact on communities throughout the region in the areas of literacy, youth development, education, community service, health and wellness.

POST GAME LINKS

<A href="http://player.redskins.com/" target=_blank>pogthumb.jpg<A href="http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=22797[/url" target=_blank>

icon6.gif

icon6.gif <A href="http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=9997" target=_blank>Watch the Post Game Press Conference Live!!<A href="http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=22797[/url" target=_blank> icon6.gif

Checking in.

It is currently:

15°F

RealFeel®

-1°F

Winds: NNE

here in balmy Kimball Junction,( just outside the tropical ski resort town of Park City), Utah. It is snowing lightly,( after white out conditions during the night),and another storm is expected to roll through in the next few hours. Winter Storm warnings are in effect with up to 15 inches of the white stuff expected. Gee. Where's my sunscreen? ( This obviously means no traveling today for me), However, :) the game is being shown locally, so I'll be watching the game and the game thread today from the comfort of home, ( fireplace going of course). A rare treat. Let's get this tailgate started. :)

xtremetailgate.jpg

I'm in the "I'd rather lose today" group. I can never ROOT against the Redskins, so I'm just going to avoid the game. We could win today 41-0 and it wouldn't do anything for me. I'd rather just move up in the draft at this point. Although, I do want to see JC do well.

And I don't really care, but for those who do....a win today REALLY helps Dallas. Just sayin' :)

Word.

I was watching "Redskins Pregame" on FOX 5, and some random nobody television personality said we easily get blown out today....

No love.

Like we even deserve it at this point :-)

it was Bram Weinstein and we could easily get blown out.. if this defense cant get off the field, the saints will have a field day and easily score 40+ pts.. what tells you right now, we can keep this game close after the brutal killing they did to dallas and have been one of the most consistent teams in the league

I'm calling it right now, Brandon Lloyd gets his first TD as a Redskin today!

I'd also like to say "Thank You" to the wives of our players for going to N.O. and helping down there.:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

I think so too. I want B. Lloyd to have a big game! I know Campbell does he tries to connect with Lloyd as often as he can.

:point2sky

Checking in.

It is currently:

15°F

RealFeel®

-1°F

Winds: NNE

here in balmy Kimball Junction,

Its a bit chilly here in Upper Cartersville Ga. also, 68 sunny with a slight breeze causing our wind chill of 67. Hopefully it will warm up by half time. :laugh:

P.S. I saw snow once on TV, looks sorta pretty but I wouldn't want to have to shovel it or anything like that.

Archived