Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Jason Campbell our QB Next year???

SkinsBoss

Will he be the QB next year? Probably. Is he "the future of the team"? I have strong doubts. And before you overdo your put-downs of Ramsey-- he looked a lot better at this stage of his career than Campbell does.

YEAH........RIGHT. First career start = 4 INT's Vs. New Orleans in a BLOWOUT loss. He looked completely and utterly fooled and lost. Give me a break.

YEAH........RIGHT. First career start = 4 INT's Vs. New Orleans in a BLOWOUT loss. He looked completely and utterly fooled and lost. Give me a break.

But Ramsey followed it up by a stunning 41.7 % pass completion with 0 TD's and six sacks the next week at Green Bay. He certainly looked MUCH better than Campbell at this point in his career. :rolleyes: Exaggerate much AJ or only when you try to prove a point?

I never felt this good about Ramsey. There was something I didn't like in Ramsey (his QB'ing not the person). I didn't like his pocket presence. I've seen much more from JC in these four games than I ever saw in Ramsey. But the talent around JC and the way the OL is playing is better than Ramsey had. I wish CP wasn't on IR and could play a game or two with the full offense.

I think he (JC) will turn out to be a solid starter for the skins and has the potential to be a very good QB (franchise QB).

I say yes.. I like him and think he will grow into one hell of a quaterback.

He has the size and and ONE HELL OF AN ARM. He is todays proto type quaterback

I saw one play yesterday he must have thrown that ball 60 years perfect arc and it was like 10 yards in from of the reciever in the end zone...

I was like holy F--k when he gets his timing down with recievers we gonna BOMB the hell out of people.. Watch next year Santana is gonna have a very very big year....

I like his drive and like what he says... I see he has bought into Joe Gibbs system and knows he has talant around him. He has the quiet confidence that MB has/had.. I think the players know they wont have to wait long for JC to shine..

With the season being done, all we can do at this point is evaluate our talent and see who will be here next year and who won't be a part of this team in 2007. With Jason Campbell playing right now I'd like to know if you guys believe he is our QB of the future?

I think the playcalling is such that they are doing everything they can to evaluate him and decide if he is good enough to lead this team to the playoffs and beyond or if he's just the 2nd coming of Patrick Ramsey.

At times it looks like Campbell can make the right reads and all the right throws and at other times he looks really bad, just like a young QB would expect to.

There aren't many great options availabe in FA or via trade this offseason. And drafting another young QB would only push us into mediocrity even longer.

So I'm very curious do you guys believe that Jason Campbell is our QB of the future? And if so, does he have enough to take us into the playoffs and Super Bowl in the coming years ahead?

Jason is definitely our QB next year. He has the physical skills and the work ethic. I don't think he is ever going to be the league MVP, but I think he will be an above average NFL QB for a number of years and will help lead the Skins to the playoffs at some point.

Even when he had a terrible start yesterday, he hung in there and gave us a chance to win in the second half.

I am baffled by why these kind of threads keep popping up.The man has been riding pine and looking at a clip board for the past year and a half,then when he gets in folks say ''don't be upset if he does'nt do so well,and don't flame him''yet when he doe'snt live up to your expectations,everyone doubts if he is our QB of the future(fans mostly).....I honestly think he has done well given that he has only played/started in four real NFL games,if anything i'd say blame the passblocking and receivers not getting open,I say give the kid some time to develop and learn from his mistakes..Some of you are just like Snyder(want a superbowl now)but don't want to put in the work or effort to get to that level..Have patients..sheesh:doh: !!!!!

Will he be the QB next year? Probably. Is he "the future of the team"? I have strong doubts. And before you overdo your put-downs of Ramsey-- he looked a lot better at this stage of his career than Campbell does.

Ramsey had a great first career game, but his first career start against the Saints didn't he throw something like four picks on the first four drives?

Campbell has already shown more poise and calmness(is that a word?)than Ramsey ever did.

No guarantee that he'll succeed but we have to play him and let him develop.

I am baffled by why these kind of threads keep popping up.The man has been riding pine and looking at a clip board for the past year and a half,then when he gets in folks say ''don't be upset if he does'nt do so well,and don't flame him''yet when he doe'snt live up to your expectations,everyone doubts if he is our QB of the future(fans mostly)....Some of you are just like Snyder(want a superbowl now)but don't want to put in the work or effort to get to that level..Have patients..sheesh:doh: !!!!!

:applause: :notworthy

Can Campbell be great? Will he ever be in the class of the Peyton Manning type QB? Or best case scenario is he more likely to be good enough to be in the quality of Delhomme/Matt Hasselbeck?

I believe with our team even if he isn't great, if he can be equal to a Jake Delhomme/ Matt Hasselbeck type QB then he'll be good enough to lead us?

Do you guys think he can make it to that level?

Most certainly, he's got the physical skills and the mental makeup.

I think the playcalling is such that they are doing everything they can to evaluate him and decide if he is good enough to lead this team to the playoffs and beyond or if he's just the 2nd coming of Patrick Ramsey.

At times it looks like Campbell can make the right reads and all the right throws and at other times he looks really bad, just like a young QB would expect to.

The last thing you said should answer your question. There was nothing wrong with Patrick Ramsey. We just kept screwing with him so that he never developed properly. It will be the same with Campbell if he's not given the right tools to succeed. At this point all we can do is be patient. There's no reason to think a change should be made for next year.

Ramsey had a great first career game, but his first career start against the Saints didn't he throw something like four picks on the first four drives?

Campbell has already shown more poise and calmness(is that a word?)than Ramsey ever did.

No guarantee that he'll succeed but we have to play him and let him develop.

Ditto, Also understand that he is working in a new system w/out one of the top running backs in football. I think he has looked good enough to have hope for big things next season as long as the play calling is better.

I'd put Randle el in for a half this year. Just to see what happened. Guess thats why i'm not a coach, but that would be exciting. 15-18. Can run and seems to make good decisions as to when to throw it when not too. I think he could be a better version of Kordell Stewart. I love a running qb. Such a weapon.

I must be watching different games than some of you.

That you can watch him play and think "yes! this guy is the one!" amazes me.

I have seen nothing from him to show that he will be any better than Akili Smith or Kyle Boeller or Tim Couch or any number of first round picks who ended up being nobodies.

Quite honestly, the person he reminds me the most of is Quincy Carter. The kind of guy who gives you one good play out of every ten. But people latch onto that one good play and ignore the 9 other garbage plays.

Jason Campbell has looked like he is regressing since his first game.

Watch Vince Young play: that guy is progressing with each game.

One of those two guys looks like a NFL quarterback with a bright future. One doesn't.

Maybe I need a new pair of homer goggles, because I can't see whatever it is that some of you see in JC. He looks positively pedestrian to me.

Why do I say it? His poise, confidence and maturity. He shook off a terrible 1st half to post a 113.0 rating in the 2nd half including a beautiful TD strike to ARE. He nearly came back and won the game - after playing like a 2nd year player (imagine that!) in the 1st half.

I have seen nothing from him to show that he will be any better than Akili Smith or Kyle Boeller or Tim Couch or any number of first round picks who ended up being nobodies.

What do all those guys have in common - they're all Tedford projects. Add Aaron Rodgers to that list too (taken one spot AHEAD of Campbell).

Quite honestly, the person he reminds me the most of is Quincy Carter. The kind of guy who gives you one good play out of every ten. But people latch onto that one good play and ignore the 9 other garbage plays.

This just reeks of bitterness and "let me think of a bad QB and compare him to Campbell"

One of those two guys looks like a NFL quarterback with a bright future. One doesn't.

Vince Young has played the whole season practically, Campbell hasn't. If you want to sit and gripe about Campbell at least do a little research. Take a look at Young's 1st couple of games, or Steve McNair's. Quit acting like a child who got his favorite toy taken away.

Maybe I need a new pair of homer goggles, because I can't see whatever it is that some of you see in JC. He looks positively pedestrian to me.

Bitterness clouds one's perception.

*Taking homer shades off..*

Question....Has Vince started all year or has he been on the bench looking at a clip board for the majority of his career???Campbell is 4 games deep into his NFL career and people already want him to be cast into 1st round Bust hell,let the man develop and learn from his mistakes..You just can't please some fans !!!

*Putting homer shades back on..*

Archived