Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Jason Campbell our QB Next year???

SkinsBoss

I think the Redskins have to match any offer that comes to JC over the offseason. Who's better in the FA market and there's not a sure fire rookie from this class who'll be ready. 2007 with Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco was an amazing coincidence and rookies will look more like Sanchez and Stafford.

Wow, SnyderMustGo really nailed it.

I saw one play yesterday he must have thrown that ball 60 years perfect arc and it was like 10 yards in from of the reciever in the end zone...

I was like holy F--k when he gets his timing down with recievers we gonna BOMB the hell out of people.. Watch next year Santana is gonna have a very very big year....

This one made me want to laugh...and cry.

If he does come back what do we have to look forward to. More excuses about how he's not doing good because he has to learn a another new system in <Fill in the blank> years, he has a new offensive line that needs to develop, the system is not utilizing Campbell's strengh's, or anything that people would come up with to say its not Campbell its everything else.

I think the Redskins have to match any offer that comes to JC over the offseason. Who's better in the FA market and there's not a sure fire rookie from this class who'll be ready. 2007 with Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco was an amazing coincidence and rookies will look more like Sanchez and Stafford.

I'd be delighted if Stafford was our QB - he has had his bad moments for sure but beat us, had 5 TDs in one game and has shown himself to be tough enough to make it. Sanchez not so much so though its too early to close the book on either guy.

I must be watching different games than some of you.

That you can watch him play and think "yes! this guy is the one!" amazes me.

I have seen nothing from him to show that he will be any better than Akili Smith or Kyle Boeller or Tim Couch or any number of first round picks who ended up being nobodies.

Quite honestly, the person he reminds me the most of is Quincy Carter. The kind of guy who gives you one good play out of every ten. But people latch onto that one good play and ignore the 9 other garbage plays.

Jason Campbell has looked like he is regressing since his first game.

Watch Vince Young play: that guy is progressing with each game.

One of those two guys looks like a NFL quarterback with a bright future. One doesn't.

Maybe I need a new pair of homer goggles, because I can't see whatever it is that some of you see in JC. He looks positively pedestrian to me.

wow....post from 3 years ago sounds like whats going on today.

This argument is stale. I don't see how anybody can be excited about this guy being the focal point for our beloved Redskins any longer. Any other direction is better than the the flat, boring direction we have been going with Campbell in the lead (I use the term lead loosely).

This argument is stale. I don't see how anybody can be excited about this guy being the focal point for our beloved Redskins any longer. Any other direction is better than the the flat, boring direction we have been going with Campbell in the lead (I use the term lead loosely).

The argument IS getting stale, but mostly because of the lack of cogent plans for what we do if we get rid of him other than diatribes about how he sucks, etc. So what is the plan? Instead of sign him to a moderate contract lets say we dump him. Then what? We have a 38 year old journeyman backup QB, and a completely untested 6th round pick who, along with having been on IR all season, wasn't able to take the #2 spot from said 38 year old backup during training camp and preseason.

So we get rid of Campbell then the draft? Ok we draft OL. Good idea! But wait...instead of hoping that Collins, with his lack of mobility, can survive being behind a partially broken but rebuilding OL or that Colt suddenly becomes amazing and doesn't need no stinkin' OL, why didn't we just give Campbell that moderate contract and let him work behind the rebuilding OL? We know he is mobile, we know he is tough, and while he isn't a great QB, he isn't as bad as some people on here make him out to be.

Ok next scenario. We get rid of Campbell. Then draft a QB high in the 1st round. Uh oh. This sounds like classic Snyderrato. Then MAYBE if we're lucky they will pick up OL in the 2nd (unless there is a TE there they like). There aren't really going to be any stud OL guys in FA. A few decent ones but nothing special. So we are left with the same OL plus (hopefully), at least one OL pick before the 6th round. So now you have a couple possibilities. You, again, pray that Collins doesn't get dismembered by essentially the same OL as this year or you, again, pray that Colt becomes great and makes the OL look like all stars (this really only happens with a couple of the elite QBs in the league, but that is a discussion for another thread). Third, throw the rookie in behind this OL and hope that he doesn't 1) get killed, 2) become a bust because of the ridiculous pressure of the situation, or 3) get PTSD.

Aha, the next great scenario. We get rid of Campbell...and get a vet FA! Solves all the problems, right there. Well, not all of the problems. The most glaring being that there aren't going to be any FA QBs worth much of anything. Delhomme? Please. Garcia? He will be 40 and hasn't taken a snap the entire season. I've heard mention of Brady Quinn. He barely won his job back from Derek Anderson, for god's sake. And he isn't exactly lighting the league up. Not to mention we would have to give up a draft pick for Quinn. Are you kidding me? Great idea. Get rid of our guy who is performing, in every statistical catagory, better than Quinn, and then use a draft pick to grab Quinn. Genius.

So then my argument is this: sign Campbell to a modest contract (he isn't going to be able to ask for much money), use the next couple of drafts to rebuild our line (and grab a new RB and OLB somewhere) and THEN, once we have that in place, we can look into drafting a blue chip QB. Besides, IMO there aren't ANY "can't miss" QB prospects coming out this year.

So then my argument is this: sign Campbell to a modest contract (he isn't going to be able to ask for much money), use the next couple of drafts to rebuild our line (and grab a new RB and OLB somewhere) and THEN, once we have that in place, we can look into drafting a blue chip QB. Besides, IMO there aren't ANY "can't miss" QB prospects coming out this year.

You forget that they can trade for a backup QB they like and make him the eventual starter ala Matt Schaub. I would give Matt Flynn a serious look while throwing out Collins and Colt to the dogs because they are expendable.

You forget that they can trade for a backup QB they like and make him the eventual starter ala Matt Schaub. I would give Matt Flynn a serious look while throwing out Collins and Colt to the dogs because they are expendable.

Schaub is one of those "well whadyaknow?" things. When he actually played in Atlanta he sucked. Houston took a bit of a gamble in getting him but they also made out pretty well in the way the trade was set up, if I remember correctly. I just don't want to do anything with draft picks at all. I guess if Flynn is available as a cheap FA we could bring him in to camp and see how he does, but he hasn't done anything yet in the league. Like I said, I'd rather tender a modest contract to Campbell and rebuild the OL than just hope that an old vet (one we have or would pick up), or a young guy with no playing experience (one we have or would pick up) would survive.

Schaub is one of those "well whadyaknow?" things. When he actually played in Atlanta he sucked. Houston took a bit of a gamble in getting him but they also made out pretty well in the way the trade was set up, if I remember correctly. I just don't want to do anything with draft picks at all. I guess if Flynn is available as a cheap FA we could bring him in to camp and see how he does, but he hasn't done anything yet in the league. Like I said, I'd rather tender a modest contract to Campbell and rebuild the OL than just hope that an old vet (one we have or would pick up), or a young guy with no playing experience (one we have or would pick up) would survive.

Since 2010 is a complete rebuilding year in which 8-8 or worse is virtually guaranteed, I don't see any problems in trading Campbell for more draft picks to rebuild and then throwing out Collins or Colt to the dogs and risking injury to them before sending out new QB#3 into the fray. If they can manage to milk from either of the two(Collins or Colt) for another trade, all the better.

Oh, and they can send Antwaan out there too...

Since 2010 is a complete rebuilding year in which 8-8 or worse is virtually guaranteed, I don't see any problems in trading Campbell for more draft picks to rebuild and then throwing out Collins or Colt to the dogs and risking injury to them before sending out new QB#3 into the fray. If they can manage to milk from either of the two(Collins or Colt) for another trade, all the better.

Oh, and they can send Antwaan out there too...

Trade him for draft picks?

Who in their right mind would want him? Where could he go to play?

What has been your history evaluating QB talent on this board thus far?

The only "can't miss" seems to be the failure of your QB predictions.

Just had to pop in and throw a jab, eh? Fair enough. Most of the analysis I have read on various draft boards and, simply from what I have seen, gives me a sense that there isn't a "blue chip" QB in this class, as in one with very few questions that easily is worth a top 5 or even higher pick. But I defer to you, the certified QB guru. Who in this QB class coming out do you see as worth a top 5 or top 10 pick. And more importantly, why?

Archived