Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

EAGLES @ REDSKINS postgame thread

Pete

I do not agree completely. This is a new OC. It does take time to develop--hell up to a year. It has shown throughtout his years of coaching. 4th and 2 and you kick a ******* FG?

Joke.

haha, you and your jokes...i understand what your saying, i was just hoping, like most skins fans, for some instant gratification. yeah..the FG thing did bite..peace.

Gibbs has said that he has the final word on those 4th down plays. That was Gibbs playing scared, I believe.

Correct. That was what I was trying to imply.

I do not think Gibbs has to go but, he has to man the **** up. If not..

JG should become the new GM, get rid of Vinny Cerrato, Gregg Williams gets replaced, and we get a young gun HC who has balls.

2006 Redskins...3-6 with Brunell (.333), 1-3 with Campbell (.250).

We got what we asked for and things got worse...

And we all knew that it was a possibility when starting a young QB for the first time. The most important thing about this game as far as Campbell goes is how he came back after throwing those 2 early INTs. Instead of collapsing like many young, inexperienced QBs would, he shrugged it off and made some great plays in the 2nd half to help us almost get the win (1st and goal at the 3rd and we can't punch it in? sigh). Did those INTs cost us? Yes. But we got to see that JC won't fold after making mistakes and will keep his head in the game.

1st and goal on the 3 with a chance to win...and we get cute. enough said, i'm so tiered of al saunders
This should have a thread all it's own. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Betts rushes for what 170 yards or something, right? Why was he not used to go for the TD? If I learn nothing else about this train wreck I must know why we didn't use Betts there.:doh::mad::(

I do not agree completely. This is a new OC. It does take time to develop--hell up to a year. It has shown throughtout his years of coaching. 4th and 2 and you kick a ******* FG?

Joke.

it was 4th and 2 at the beginning of the 2nd half. You HAVE to take the points there. It's totally a momentum killer to drive that far and get nothing. I bet most coaches in the NFL kick the FG there.

I know this is a concept most of extremeskins cant grasp, and its understandable because the season has been very frustrating. But lets look at the positives.

Our offense has a whole lot of potential. We have a qb out there who has the opportunity to be our first franchise qb in a long long time.

We have two really good running backs.

We have a really good receiving corp.

is that a kicker? did a kicker for the Skins really get four chances and make all four?

We never have a kicker or quarterback....now we have two franchise guys and that is HUUUUUUGE for us. I know you cant tell now, but having those two stick around for a while will do wonders for this team.

Defense, it has a lot of problems most definitely, but there is some talent there and we if add through the draft and pick up just a couple solid free agents...no huge names or one at most, then we got a shot to be really good next year.

With Campbell in, we officially switched to rebuilding mode...whether or not any of you negativos believe it or not...we may be righting the ship....

Gibbs also said hes sticking around till he gets it right...and bash Gibbs all you want...but the guy is a winner and he doesnt quit till he gets it right.

Our biggest problem is what we do in the offseason...if we relax...draft all defense and an olinemen or two to groom....we will be headed into next season ready to rumble. Our offense is going to be awesome and if you cant see that you should switch to soccer....

it was 4th and 2 at the beginning of the 2nd half. You HAVE to take the points there. It's totally a momentum killer to drive that far and get nothing. I bet most coaches in the NFL kick the FG there.

At 4-8.

What do you have to lose, seriously? I understand what you mean but, a winning team should have that mentality. Not a team who's wins were lucky and loses were deserving.

gibbs suck. gibbs suck.

When are u gonna wake up and realize that its GIbbs that is messing up the redskins! i am not gonna give free passes to Gibbs anymore.

what he did in the past is in the past. great. hooray. awsome. he got in to the hall of fame for what he did in the past. he was rewarded.

now is now. what he is doing now is just laughable. it is embarrassing to say the least.

sure, we can say its not gibbs, its greg williams or its al saunder's play call or its the players on the field , not gibbs .....etc but look at the big picture. gibbs got al saunders here. same with williams. any decisions williams , saunders and rest of the 100 coaches that we have in this staff all leads to gibbs because he makes the decisions on who to bring in and so on. snyder doesnt make that choice anymore. he writes the checks. Gibbs was never the Gm first time around. people need to understand this.

the play calls are horrendous, clock management is awful. we waste time outs like the way we waste or give draft picks like its free candy. sure, many players that we have acquired are a bust as well but AGAIN, who got them here. GIbbs!. matter of fact, the players that we couldve resigned that are no longer here, who got rid of them? GIBBS! sure, williams said players are replaceable and that its the systems not the players. WRONG u piece of *sh$t*! who went out of his way to get williams here? GIBBS!

one thing that upsets me more than anything else is how we give away more than we shouldve to acquire a player. i mean , giving away 3 draft picks to draft JC? why wasnt bailey-portis an even trade. why did we give away a draft pick? why did we give brunell a super star contract and a dreaking draft pick to get him? why did we get rid of clark that wanted a little more , instead signs archuletta to the richest safety contract? same with carter. why did we get rid sign TWO wide recivers let alone big time contracts? why does he keep making embarrassing moves?

Blame the loss: COACHING

I'm sure it was the coaches fault that we missed tackles and let the Eagles run out the clock with 5 minutes left. I'm sure it was the coaches fault that Shawn Springs gave a 10 yard cushion on 2nd and 9 and still allowed the first down. I'm sure it was the coaches fault that we had 11 penalties on the day. I'm sure it was the coaches fault that Marcus Washington missed the easiest interception that he'll have in his career.

There were plenty of positives in today's game: our rushing ability (5.3 yards on 40 carries for 210 yards), our determination to run the ball and control the clock (70 plays versus 45, twice as much time of possession), some clutch third downs (44% on the day), Jason Campbell's excitable scrambling ability. However, mindless boneheaded plays continue to kill us, with just dumb penalties and horribly missed arm tackles. We lacked execution in the final third. Our coaches, while they did screw up with time managment and did not always call the perfect play every single down (but then again, who does?) - they still put us in the position to win and win comfortably. We had a good gameplan but when it mattered, we could not execute and finish them off.

The last defensive series was absolutely unexcusable, and it is blatantly clear that we lack any sort of playmaker on that side of the ball. When we needed a big play from someone, anyone on the defense, we failed to get it.

WTF was up with Fox focusing on that jacka** of an Eagles fan who kept switching jerseys!? It seemed like they showed him after every play! Hello Fox?, yeah um we are at Fed Ex field today and would appreciate it if you showed some Redskins fans since it really wasnt worth watching what was happening on the field! Thanks. Hey look at it this way, we are getting in some early pre season practice, ...for next year!

At 4-8.

What do you have to lose, seriously? I understand what you mean but, a winning team should have that mentality. Not a team who's wins were lucky and loses were deserving.

If you watch the post game conference Gibbs felt it was the right thing to do, but agree with what your saying.

I know this is a concept most of extremeskins cant grasp, and its understandable because the season has been very frustrating. But lets look at the positives.

Our offense has a whole lot of potential. We have a qb out there who has the opportunity to be our first franchise qb in a long long time.

We have two really good running backs.

We have a really good receiving corp.

is that a kicker? did a kicker for the Skins really get four chances and make all four?

We never have a kicker or quarterback....now we have two franchise guys and that is HUUUUUUGE for us. I know you cant tell now, but having those two stick around for a while will do wonders for this team.

Defense, it has a lot of problems most definitely, but there is some talent there and we if add through the draft and pick up just a couple solid free agents...no huge names or one at most, then we got a shot to be really good next year.

With Campbell in, we officially switched to rebuilding mode...whether or not any of you negativos believe it or not...we may be righting the ship....

Gibbs also said hes sticking around till he gets it right...and bash Gibbs all you want...but the guy is a winner and he doesnt quit till he gets it right.

Our biggest problem is what we do in the offseason...if we relax...draft all defense and an olinemen or two to groom....we will be headed into next season ready to rumble. Our offense is going to be awesome and if you cant see that you should switch to soccer....

Great post... :applause: :applause: :applause:

Most people thinks thats homerism, but that is exaactly how I feel, and I try to stay realistic.

:doh: wwe sucuk :mad: :mad:
gibbs suck. gibbs suck.

When are u gonna wake up and realize that its GIbbs that is messing up the redskins! i am not gonna give free passes to Gibbs anymore.

what he did in the past is in the past. great. hooray. awsome. he got in to the hall of fame for what he did in the past. he was rewarded.

now is now. what he is doing now is just laughable. it is embarrassing to say the least.

sure, we can say its not gibbs, its greg williams or its al saunder's play call or its the players on the field , not gibbs .....etc but look at the big picture. gibbs got al saunders here. same with williams. any decisions williams , saunders and rest of the 100 coaches that we have in this staff all leads to gibbs because he makes the decisions on who to bring in and so on. snyder doesnt make that choice anymore. he writes the checks. Gibbs was never the Gm first time around. people need to understand this.

the play calls are horrendous, clock management is awful. we waste time outs like the way we waste or give draft picks like its free candy. sure, many players that we have acquired are a bust as well but AGAIN, who got them here. GIbbs!. matter of fact, the players that we couldve resigned that are no longer here, who got rid of them? GIBBS! sure, williams said players are replaceable and that its the systems not the players. WRONG u piece of *sh$t*! who went out of his way to get williams here? GIBBS!

one thing that upsets me more than anything else is how we give away more than we shouldve to acquire a player. i mean , giving away 3 draft picks to draft JC? why wasnt bailey-portis an even trade. why did we give away a draft pick? why did we give brunell a super star contract and a dreaking draft pick to get him? why did we get rid of clark that wanted a little more , instead signs archuletta to the richest safety contract? same with carter. why did we get rid sign TWO wide recivers let alone big time contracts? why does he keep making embarrassing moves?

Notice how you both have no new threads under your name.

I agree with the original poster. We played well fot the most part, and the play-calling was good except for not running betts once inside the 3 yard line. Didn't get that at all. The defense was good too. And, the biggest thing, is we lost on mistakes young QB's make. Campbell did well throughout the game besides his rookie mistakes. That pass to ARE was one of the prettiest things I have ever seen. And yes, we had a kicker that actually made ALL 4 kicks. He should have made them all, and he did.

Point is, Campbell will learn soon enough and he will not make those mistakes again. The future isn't that bleak, maybe the negative fans should realize that. Moving to Campbell put us in rebuliding mode, and that what the Skins are doing.

I hope everyone on the coaching staff takes this year as a learning experience. And I hope when training camp starts next year that the players wish it was still 2006. At 4-8 when it's a manageable 4th down, you don't play scared. You go for it. You have nothing to lose. I think that was the most heartbreaking thing to see today.

I'm sure it was the coaches fault that we missed tackles and let the Eagles run out the clock with 5 minutes left. I'm sure it was the coaches fault that Shawn Springs gave a 10 yard cushion on 2nd and 9 and still allowed the first down. I'm sure it was the coaches fault that we had 11 penalties on the day. I'm sure it was the coaches fault that Marcus Washington missed the easiest interception that he'll have in his career.

but it was coaches fault to get rid of players that could tackle. easy as that!

There were plenty of positives in today's game: our rushing ability (5.3 yards on 40 carries for 210 yards), our determination to run the ball and control the clock (70 plays versus 45, twice as much time of possession), some clutch third downs (44% on the day), Jason Campbell's excitable scrambling ability. However, mindless boneheaded plays continue to kill us, with just dumb penalties and horribly missed arm tackles. We lacked execution in the final third. Our coaches, while they did screw up with time managment and did not always call the perfect play every single down (but then again, who does?) - they still put us in the position to win and win comfortably. We had a good gameplan but when it mattered, we could not execute and finish them off.

sure , i agree. only negative is this pathetic coaching staff that lost the game again. gibbs, go back to nascar.

The last defensive series was absolutely unexcusable, and it is blatantly clear that we lack any sort of playmaker on that side of the ball. When we needed a big play from someone, anyone on the defense, we failed to get it.

u say we lack playmakers on that side of the balll....... who got rid of good playmakers on our d? it always comes back to the coaches my man. u should know this. the motto " its not theplayers, its the system," whos is it?

Archived