Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

EAGLES @ REDSKINS postgame thread

Pete

1st and goal on the 3.

1 running play, failed pass, penalty then failed gadget play.

Terrible.

Mike Sellers is under-utilized in these situations. He can carry 4 guys for 3 yards. Dispense with the crap, give it to Sellers.....he'll get you 3 yards.

What I liked: Good running game , tried (and even some success) downfield. If that had been Brunell-no INTs but instead, 2 yard pass, 2 yard pass, -6 yard pass, punt. But he might have set another NFL record :applause:

What I didnt like: INTs, even though one was a tipped ball Cooley should have either caught or knocked down (not that it was a good pass, Cooley just needs to make it so it isnt INT). And the "D" couldnt stop them when it mattered. They didnt play as bad as we've seen them, but they could have done better. Carlos "Hands of Stone" Rogers needs to learn how to catch a ball. I believe one of the LBs (Washington?) also had a shot at an INT. The plays are there friends, they just need to make them.

Overall it was a respectable performance, especially considering Campbell is still new. I hope no one was expecting a miracle with Campbell thrust in to the middle of a failing team. Sure the O-line has done better as of late with the run game, but they still suck at pass protection. The defense still stinks, the offense can only do so much, the "D" has to show up to play in order to chalk up wins.

So whats on the plate for next year? Lets hope Gibbs, Saunders and Williams go NO WHERE! At least now there will be some continuity. You switch these guys now and next year will easily repeat, or be worse, than this year. They need to ACCURATELY idenitfy whats wrong, whats right and how to fix things. Personally I think the offense needs a couple guys on the O-Line..and thats it.

The defense needs CBs and a new D-line who can get pressure alone, without every safety and CB helping out.

This year has been terrible and trying. But looking at some of the other teams that did well last year who are also faultering this year, makes me feel a bit better...we arent alone in our misery. Next season is a new season, and itll be pretty damn hard to have it worse than this one.

couldnt agree with you more.

I used to get pissed after reading some of the stuff on this board after games...But the longer im here i start to realize that....

%80 of the posters here dont know football...

You would think different since this was a football message board...

I also have come to realize that although theses are mostly adult men.....There seem to be alot of followers on this site who go along with the flavor of the month..... What ever the theme seems to be or the media puts into your head....without looking at the actual facts...

With that said im pissed that we lost.......

Here are my likes and dislikes from the game....

Offense:

Showed alot today.....and A full offseason together will only get better....415 yards with a 3 game starter...I think saunders has proved his worth.....

Of course short sighted fairweather fans will hate and talk about the play calling but i thought it was pretty good and very timely ....The long draw plays and the trick play were perfect calls...as well as the back to back long completions to Randle El and Moss against the blitz...

QB...

He had a ruff start but the overall production was good enough to put us in a position to win.

considering .....

This offense moved the ball with ease against the same D that held us to 3 points in philly with the old guy at QB......

They both threw picks for TD's but the difference is the play making of campbell and the upside...

O Line

1. They are finally completely comfortable in our run scheme and I cant wait to see portis be able to run in open space like that...Betts is doing well but who wouldnt with the holes he has had....You give that kind of space to Portis or LT and thats a 250 yd & 3 TD day easily....

2.Blitz pickup was better Campbell just made predictable throws that cost us...( Cant fault him on the slant the recivers to cut harder and get between the defender and the QB...)

Dislikes:

That Red Zone production is stopping us from being a 27-30 pt per game team....

Gibbs needs to grow some *****...this scared attitude is for the birds...and your team takes on that mentality

Defense:

Golston fire and tuffness and Andre Carter continues to get better and comfortable....Thats about it... (Oh and Rocky got to touch the field :cheers:)

Dislikes

Gregg Williams has lost his guys and his cover has been blown....

A few of those 3 and outs were unforced and due to dropped passes...

He is so stubborn about his scheme that he ignores mismatches...

and Once again when it counts they could not get off the field....

and this week there was no excuse because the offense held the ball alot so they could rest...We had 9 drives and 6 of them were of 9 plays or more...:doh:...

Thats it for now....

...%80 of the posters here dont know football...

You must be in love with Campbell.

QB...He had a ruff start but the overall production was good enough to put us in a position to win.

considering .....

This offense moved the ball with ease against the same D that held us to 3 points in philly with the old guy at QB......

They both threw picks for TD's but the difference is the play making of campbell and the upside...

Bingo.

:logo: Our team's just not getting it done this year. We expected a lot more this year--especially after last year's run to the playoffs--and never got it. I'll keep reading the postings on this sight after each of the next three games to review the frustration of the greatest fans of the greatest team in the history of team sports.

Players and coaches who give their best week-in and week-out are earning their paycheck and I stand corrected if ever I criticized them in the past. They do not suck. Players and coaches who are not giving their best week-in and week-out should seek employment elsewhere and remember that they can be replaced. They do not suck. Dan Snyder owns the team, so there's not much that can be done about that, unless he's willing to sell. He does not suck. The only ones who truly suck are the:

• Dallas Cowboys
  • New York Giants
  • Philadelphia Eagles

However, with all the money Dan Snyder has, there is one thing that he cannot buy. He cannot buy:

• CHEMISTRY

And chemistry is one thing that has been lacking for many years and is something that just happens. I remember how it tasted in 1991-92 and I'm willing to wait for it again, no matter how long it takes. And if I give up on the greatest team in the history of team sports, then I would would suck.

Keep voicing your opinions fellow fans. Someone who can take action based on your opinions might do something about easing the frustration that all Redskins fans feel.

REDSKINS ARE FOREVER. REDSKINS FANS ARE FOREVER. :helmet:

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

However, with all the money Dan Snyder has, there is one thing that he cannot buy. He cannot buy:

• CHEMISTRY

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

EXACTLY!!!:notworthy

When this team has chemistry, you will see a winner on Sundays.

campbell showed poise and confidence after throwing 2 picks. we ran the ball effectively, and defense looked good at times. but once again our downfall is our playcalling at the goal line.

If there's anything you guys should be really proud of today, it's that your QB dusted himself off and palying a heck of a game after making some mistakes. He really looks like he's going to be a quality, future QB for you guys if he can overcome mental obstacles that well all of the time.

Judging from your screen name you must have brunell blinders....

Give it up its over for the old guy guy...

There is a new sheriff in town so let it go...:laugh::laugh:

Well if the deputy puts up 150+ yards on the ground the last two games and we still can't win, then...

nah, must be the coaches fault.

Archived