Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why not Vanderjagt?

Mr.Z

Lets really not start this again :doh:

Think about it, if the new guy hits that kick, and the guy who picked up the blocked punt doesn't get TACKLED BY THE PUNTER WHILE SURROUNDED BY REDSKINS, its a tie game.

Vanderjerk has said outright that he doesn't do kickoffs and we've struggled in that area. Plus, I seem to recall a LOT of posters saying that they didn't want Grammatica during the summer. Keep in mind, Vanderjerk bad-mouthed Indy's franchise quarterback to the media. Do you really want that head-case in a locker room where the morale already is questionable? He's not worth trouble.

Vanderjerk has said outright that he doesn't do kickoffs and we've struggled in that area. Plus, I seem to recall a LOT of posters saying that they didn't want Grammatica during the summer. Keep in mind, Vanderjerk bad-mouthed Indy's franchise quarterback to the media. Do you really want that head-case in a locker room where the morale already is questionable? He's not worth trouble.

Maybe your right, but it's frustrating to see us miss 30 and 40 yard kicks. It has cost us at least one game (Viks, week 1)

He couldn't do much worse than our kickers are doing now.

Even though i think his is a little bit to "loud-mouthed," He was put into some unfair situations by Tuna.

Thoughts?

I think the skins (and other teams) are waiting to get him for a cheaper price in the offseason. Also, I believe they are afraid he's slightly injured from the preseason to why he's having a subpar season. It's a shame when we need a kicker now. Why didn't Gibbs give Gramatica (or another veteran kicker) a tryout when Hall went on IR?

Obviously we should have picked up Grammatica...

as for Suisham...his kicks might get to the one yard line, but they get their so quickly it is as effective as Novaks short kick because Novak kicks is higher...so the team gets the ball quicker and our kickoff team can't get down the field in time to stop the players.

we should at least stack Vanderjagdt on the bench or something.

Obviously we should have picked up Grammatica...

as for Suisham...his kicks might get to the one yard line, but they get their so quickly it is as effective as Novaks short kick because Novak kicks is higher...so the team gets the ball quicker and our kickoff team can't get down the field in time to stop the players.

we should at least stack Vanderjagdt on the bench or something.

First, Grammatica had 1 good day. He's sucked for 2 years and couldn't beat out a rookie in TC.

Second, you complain that Novak is short and high or Suisham is Long and low. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Suisham has the better leg. Even though he missed the 50 yarder, it was long enough and high enough. Novak barely cleared the bar on his 47 yd game winner against the Pukes.

Im serious, you DON'T Want anything to do with Vanderjagt. His numbers are misleading. He very easily could've missed every kick. Even the 20 yarders and Extra points.

For once I agree with a Dallass fan. We have enough problems without his drunk complaining ass. And the only one that openly complained was TO. Should tell you something about Vanderpukes character.

Archived