Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So, what are the positions of need now?

skinsngibbs4life

Sprins didnt effect the running game. Our problem was giving up nearly 250 yards of rushing, not us having troubles in our secondary

well, imo, with Vick, you gotta expect his regardless, (60yrds) and Norwood busted that (70yrd) run. so toss those out and the rush defense stats arent as bad. I disagree kinda with secondary issues today tho, letting Crumpler run wide-open 2 plays in a row?!?!? that was the turning point in the game imo. the norwood run was the just the nail in the coffin.

You've got to be crazy, Danny Smith has done a great job this year. How many teams get atleast one blocked punt or kick a year? Not many. Does he kick the field goals...no. He deserves to stay.

No, he doesn't kick them, but like any other boss, he's ultimately as responsible as the kicker when they don't go through the goalposts.

CB, and another CB for wright cuz he aint no good. then a DE, hopefully gaines adams, and maybe a safety, sorry vern but your just way too small to cover a tight end, maybe prioleau will start i dont know, and yes a center who doesnt make jason look like hes taking a **** every time he takes the snap, and either a guard or tackle who fits better in a zone blocking scheme

I want to pick up a corner or TWO(smoot might come for cheap) in FA ... I also think if we are in the top 5 Gaines Adams is a must.... if we can find a way to aquire a late 1st early 2nd rounder to draft DT Amobi Okoye then we might have to sign Terdell Sands... this along with some sort of a linebacker and safety miracle in the late rounds, and we could be fine.

Linebacker, Cornerback

Either/or should be our ONLY free agent pick up this year.

The rest build through the draft and keep EVERY draft pick for next year to replace our aging o/dlines

Golsten (I'm sure I spelled that wrong) has played better than any D free agent we've brought in. (THE DRAFT WORKS WHEN DONE RIGHT)

free agency works when done right too, maybe a good mix of the two would suffice :doh:

I couldn't agree more.

However, the Redskins FO has done nothing close to a good mix.........since JKC days.

And considering we don't exactly have "room under the cap" or "draft picks to trade this year", I think we need to remember how and what to draft.

to draft DT Amobi Okoye

I totally agree with this.

For all of you who are not firmiliar with okoye, he is originally from Africa. He is a very bright kid. Came to America when he was 12, and tested into the 9th grade when he game. He graduated High school at the age of 16. He is playing at the University of Louisville right now, and is a senior. Since he started High school early, he is only 20 years old.

He is a DT, 6'1, weighs in at about 320. I think he would be a very great prospect, and would be a steal if we could get him in the 2nd or 3rd round(this is of course if we trade down)

Amobi Okoye

First they need a real GM.

Then get the best DE available or trade down for more picks. Dont draft any RB's or FB's since they wont make the team anyway. I can't believe we drafted 2 a couple years ago with good players still on the board. That was a serious WTF? Almost as much as signing Brunell for 7 years 43M or Archuleta at all.

If we can get a talented DE end in the mold of a Reggie White or Julius Peppers I think we have to take it. Having someone that can play both run and pass would be a bonus. I think we can more easily draft or sign a free agent to fill our cornerback hole. Franchise Defensive ends are one in a million though.

Sprins didnt effect the running game. Our problem was giving up nearly 250 yards of rushing, not us having troubles in our secondary

You dont have to throw the ball when you can run like that. But having Vick being able to freeze the LB's so he can toss one into the secondary help out as well.

You dont have to throw the ball when you can run like that. But having Vick being able to freeze the LB's so he can toss one into the secondary help out as well.

i dont know, this defense is just so weird. I have no clue why we are this bad this year. I highly doubt that the loss of Ryan clark is the full reason as to why we are this bad. Yeah, it hurts, but it shouldnt have set us back this far.

We are essentially the same defense from last year. Yet, the tackles have gotten worse, and our secondary couldnt cover a pop warner reciever.

its just hard to believe that we have taken such a big step backwards in such a little ammount of time

Amazingly, our positions of need are exactly the same as they were going into last year's draft. CB, DE, and OL all need to be adressed. Derrick Frost has come along so I'm content with him as long as he continues to improve, but we also need a kicker. Although that will likely be adressed through FA as young kickers generally struggle. Hopefully Rocky is the answer as WLB because we just don't have the picks to do everything. I'm starting to hope we go OL in the first round. It's not a sexy pick but regardless of how you feel our tackles are playing they're getting old and they aren't getting any better. Time to build a young core around JC.

Unless there is a can't miss trade down to gather more draft picks and focus on youth on the defense especially the D line

GM with full autonomy

A non pompus non selfish offensive coordinator who will embrace the Gibbs offense of 2005 and add a few wrinkles.

A QB coach that is hands on and will watch film with JC and work on his mechanics in March, April May, etc.

A NFL sized MLB McCune has been here for a couple of years if he isnt ready by now kick him to the curb.

WLL Lemarr should thrive at this position and its time to see McIntosh and waive goodbye to the invisble man err Holdman

Archived