Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So, what are the positions of need now?

skinsngibbs4life

After watching yet another Schizophrenic performance from our defense, what do you think is our position of need for our draft?

At first, I thought that it was defensive tackle. However, with the way Golston has been playing, I think it would be silly for us to spend another pick on a DT.

So, that leaves us with cornerback or defensive end.

Today obviously showed that our cornerback depth is HORRID. It would really help to add another talented body to that group.

Also, it seems as though Andre Carter is starting to play better. But, our DE's arn't getting any younger. Daniels(injured for a good portion of the year) and Wynn are both over 30. So, if we have a shot at Gaines Adams, do we take him?

It appears that there are more suitable corners in free angency than defensive tackles. Do we take a shot at another high priced FA like Nate Clements, Dwight Freeney, or Asante Samuels? Or just sit back and use the small ammount of draft picks that we have?

what are your thoguhts?

If we have a high enough pick, we take Gaines Adams.

The ONLY free agents we should sign are Asante Samuel and Josh Brown. PLEASE PAY MONEY FOR A KICKER!!!

well, with the way things are now, we are slotted to have the 7th or 8th overall pick. So, I doubt we will get adams, because I think he will go top 5.

So, I think we might be looking at drafting Leon Hall now... cornerback from michigan

I just dont see any other DE's warranted of a pick that high

Defensively:

a CB/safety who can at the very least run with anybody

give jimoh some time at safety

a play the run first DE

a fat DT who can't be moved

play mccune (or draftee, FA) at MLB...we need someone who can get off a block

play macintosh at WSLB...holdman is getting slower by the play

let AA play LB in 3rd down situations

Offensively:

A center who is consistent

2 young guys who can play G/T/TE in a pinch or goal line situations, while they learn

Yeah, more coaching turnover is definitely what this franchise needs...lol

Let me guess, it was the entertainment and cooking staff that allowed the Titanic to run into that huge iceberg as well, right?

Let's put the blame where it belongs.... on the people in charge. No they don't make the tackles, or throw the passes, but it's their job to acquire the proper players, teach them the techniques and system, and to get them to perform. If they don't perform, it's the coaches who should be finding a way to appropriately punish the players. Obviously none of that is happening, so no matter what players you have, the team isn't going to be successful under this staff. At least that's how I see it.

Archived