Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

To all those calling to trade Clinton Portis...

dg28daman

Watch Jason on a few of those blitzes. Watch Betts completley wiff on picking up the blitz. Clinton Portis isn't just a phenominal runner, he also improves our pass blocking a ton. Nothing taken away from Betts, he had a great game...but its obvious how often Portis bails out the o-line.

Watch Jason on a few of those blitzes. Watch Betts completley wiff on picking up the blitz. Clinton Portis isn't just a phenominal runner, he also improves our pass blocking a ton. Nothing taken away from Betts, he had a great game...but its obvious how often Portis bails out the o-line.

He's right. That second interception was because Betts went to the left instead of the right. Portis is a 1500+ back AND has all of the intangibles. Trade him my ass.

Those who want to trade Portis should not be dignified with a thread such as this.

Jansen is useless. If we don't replace him in the offseason then we are conceding defeat. No wonder people approached him about HGH, they saw a guy who obviously lost it and the only way to get it back was by ill means. Well, Jansen, we appreciate the morality - now please get out of Redskins park or get better.

He's right. That second interception was because Betts went to the left instead of the right. Portis is a 1500+ back AND has all of the intangibles. Trade him my ass.

There was heat on both sides. It didn't matter which side he took because pressure was coming period. Portis is Great, but don't try to knock Ladell with this blocking nonsense. We should keep them both. Can you imagine having to face Brandon Jacobs and Ladell or Westbrook and Ladell?

There was heat on both sides. It didn't matter which side he took because pressure was coming period. Portis is Great, but don't try to knock Ladell with this blocking nonsense. We should keep them both. Can you imagine having to face Brandon Jacobs and Ladell or Westbrook and Ladell?

What? I love Ladell, but on THAT play he went to the wrong side. He doubled a fully-blocked guy instead of picking up the free man on the right side, which was the side that he started on.

Portis is a good blocking RB.

The people who are OK with a trade of Portis (not calling for it, just open to it) don't think that Betts or Duckett is better than CP, they simply believe that you can upgrade at more places and not downgrade at RB all that much.

Today was a perfect example. Ladell Betts shredded the Falcons' D on the ground. Now, what if the D or the OL was supplemented with picks we got for Portis and we were stronger in more areas?

Again, I'm not calling for it...the idea just intrigues me since this make-up of a team is obviously not working and you don't recoup draft picks for nothing. Our OL is going to get old in a hurry. Wouldn't it be nice to know we had some talented young players ready to slide in for Jansen, Thomas, and Samuels once they hit the wrong side of 30?

Nothing to do with JC then?

It had a lot to do with JC, but if you know anything about football, anything at all, you know that allowing defenders to fly untoched to the QB will often times result in turnovers. We can sit and ***** about JC should have known better all day long, but the reality of the situation is from Peyton Manning to Gus Frerotte, defenders having a go ahead run at the QB will often times result in a TO.

There is a reason every team wants to pressure the QB. That reason is because QB that are forced to react instead of think, or hit while releasing the ball, are likely to make bad plays or at least NOT make positive ones.

What? I love Ladell, but on THAT play he went to the wrong side. He doubled a fully-blocked guy instead of picking up the free man on the right side, which was the side that he started on.

You're right, but the scheme appeared to be a specific assignment the way he tore out of there to block. However, considering the gravity of the drive and the LBs walking up, he probably should have made an adjustment. Or, Jason coud have changed the protection.

Boonell no longer starts so I guess we have to pin the blame on someone. We lost because of Betts.

I'm sorry, where in this thread does it say we lost because of Betts? Read my initial post...it clearly says that I am not taking ANYTHING away from Betts. The guys a gamer...this was merely a responce to the plethora of Trade Portis posts that have been popping up lately.

DG28,

I understand. Betts' positives FAR outweigh his negatives. He may have made a bad choice but he and Moss are all that kept this game from being completely ugly. No one wants Portis traded. On the other hand I don't want Betts gone because Portis is not the type of guy who can carry 25-30 times a game. Portis needs a good complimenting back that can also get 10-12 touches a game. If Portis is overused I guarantee he'll be out of football before he's 30. The injuries will take their toll if he's left to do it all.

Archived