Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor's Blocked Punt Return: Brilliant or Bone-Headed?

[[ghost]]

Brilliant. You see the same thing on punt returns, once the return is touched by the kicking team, the return team can pick the ball up and either take the result of the return or take the ball at the spot of first touching. The exception is if there's a penalty on the return, but that's quite unusual.

I think it was purely bone-headed.....they showed the replay and it looked like the Panther barely touched he ball a split second before he touched it.

I think his intention was going for the ball before it was even touched, but only he knows that.

I don't know, he certainly looked like he reacted when he saw the ball hit that Panther.

we are 3-7 and hes trying to ,make plays , stop looking for negatives , there are plenty things that went wrong to focus on one thing that MAY have went wrong but didnt /.....

I really hope you weren't saying that I was looking for negatives, because as my post clearly states, I thought it was a brilliant play by Taylor. I'll assume you weren't talking to me :cheers:

Archived