Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Gibbs back for 2007

Joncevensen

Gibbs has said every offseason that he will honor his contract and coach for at least five years. I believe him. He will be here in 2008 as well, there's no doubt in my mind.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

I totally agree, and I'm glad that we both KNOW that he'll be here until 2008 at the earliest.

Don't rule Snyder out...he could still move Gibbs to a front office position. This will still keep him here but not in a coaching capacity. Also, there will be a casuality or casualites on the staff..someone will be the scapegoat and I wouldn't be suprised if it is either Williams, Saunders, Gray, Bugel, or anybody else. Snyder will keep quiet until he can fully evaluate the coaches pool.

No, the Sun rising tomorrow is NOT a fact because it hasn't happened yet. We're just extremely confident that it WILL happen, so we say that we know it. The whole point of the post that you quoted was to give that sort of emphasis to how confident the Redskins faithful have been that he would return next year. In fact, by your logic, it's not a fact that he's returning at all until the '07 season is done, because maybe he'll leave, right?

To break it down: We've been very confident all along that Gibbs would return next year. We're qually confident that the Sun will rise tomorrow.

I hope that that simplifies things for you! :cheers:

Thank you.

Gibbs has said he'd coach all 5 years. We KNEW he would be back. Only way he's not is if his health plummets.

OR he tells everyone his health is declining .... It doesnt matter much to me either way ... Al calls the O and Gregg calls the D .... sure Gibbs carries a sheet around, but didint he hire them both to do their jobs ?

I see front office/off the field in the near future

Gibbs has said all along he would stay for the length of his contract. The only thing I want to throw out there is that Charlie Casserly is currently unemployed as far as I know, and he did an OK job working with Gibbs to assemble the '91 Super Bowl squad. Snyder also has said he fired the wrong guy between Casserly and Norv...called him personally to apologize even, I think.

How so? the word "We've" means more than one person. So how can that statement you said only include you?

Dude, come on, stop. "We" means I was referring to myself and other people. MYSELF and other people. If I've never said something, and I'm part of the group being referred to, then we couldn't have said it.

Either way, you're wrong, Gibbs will be back, and we knew it. End of discussion.

Archived